better touch response
additional tweaks i dont remeber

deodexed coming soon...

instructions
1.copy the rar to desktop extract to a folder
2. copy the folder to clockworkmod\backup on your sd card
3. reboot to recovery and restore
4. no wiping necessary reboot ..if you are E980 ATT , then proceed to next step
5. Along with the above rar file download the E980 Baseband and flash it post restore of the folder. and reboot.

link --- http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/Users/Anirudhks-OptimusGPro/
file : stock.rar
E980 baseband for E980 users

http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/Users/Anirudhks-OptimusGPro/

currently ROM uploading please check the links after 2 hours may as the original size is about 850MB
if you like my work hit thanks .....

buy me a beer or a coffee if you would like to :)

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Make sure you flash your Baseband for your correct phone right after flashing the Rom or you wont have signal/Service.
Also I have edited the basebands due to whoever orginally created them added bougus Build.Prop and also added on screen menu buttons to the flash so I have removed them from the below baseband so you wont have the bougus Build.Prop and the on screen buttons at the bottom.

AT&T E980 BaseBand - http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+Optimus+G+Pro/Modems/AT&T+E980+Baseband/

Last edited:

anirudhks

May 7, 2009
finally figured out the issue for the flashable zip , quite late here now will upload flashable zip tomorrow...
but issue fixed :)

edit : i loose the visibluty of sdcard.. allthough i can browse from the root broswer doest show up in the file manager,,, looking still into it..

Last edited:

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town
Make sure you flash your Baseband for your correct phone right after flashing the Rom or you wont have signal/Service.
Also I have edited the basebands due to whoever orginally created them added bougus Build.Prop and also added on screen menu buttons to the flash so I have removed them from the below baseband so you wont have the bougus Build.Prop and the on screen buttons at the bottom.

AT&T E980 BaseBand -

Where is the one you edited? I think I have the one with the soft keys..

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town
Ok I flashed this earlier today. Everything's running great, it's fast responsive no lag, my CPU is deep sleeping like a bear in the winter. I'm loving it. Only problem I have is I'm getting an error when I try and download something from the play store....
I've tried wiping my play store apps data, didn't help, I even went so far as to reinstall the play store app manually, no go.... WTF, any ideas people...:banghead:

When the fu€k did we get ice cream?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377492775132.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377492775132.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 5,485

roa57

Jan 23, 2011
San Diego
Ok I flashed this earlier today. Everything's running great, it's fast responsive no lag, my CPU is deep sleeping like a bear in the winter. I'm loving it. Only problem I have is I'm getting an error when I try and download something from the play store....
I've tried wiping my play store apps data, didn't help, I even went so far as to reinstall the play store app manually, no go.... WTF, any ideas people...:banghead:

I've had that same error when I updated to 4.3 on my Nexus 7. What I did to fix it was remove the Google Account under settings and login again and accepting the user terms and stuff again.

k0p4n

Jan 19, 2009
Seattle, WA
when i tried restoring in clockworkmod 6.0.3.3, recovery tells me that no files were found.
I put the extracted contents of the stock.rar into the clockworkmod\backup directory in the sdcard but no go
did the same in my internal and obviously, no go. am i missing something?

thanks for your work by the way!! :D

anirudhks

May 7, 2009

remove your google account and re add that will fix :)

anirudhks

May 7, 2009
when i tried restoring in clockworkmod 6.0.3.3, recovery tells me that no files were found.
I put the extracted contents of the stock.rar into the clockworkmod\backup directory in the sdcard but no go
did the same in my internal and obviously, no go. am i missing something?

thanks for your work by the way!! :D

you will just need to put the folder which has the date format like the 1970.25 something not the folder name which has stock....

k0p4n

Jan 19, 2009
Seattle, WA
I was using this and noticed that the signal cuts off randomly then reconnects. I flashed the baseband.

Also the issue with downloading apps from the play store reappears. I would remove the account and re-add the account and it would fix the problem but then reappear.

Sent from my LG-E988 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

anirudhks

May 7, 2009
I was using this and noticed that the signal cuts off randomly then reconnects. I flashed the baseband.

Also the issue with downloading apps from the play store reappears. I would remove the account and re-add the account and it would fix the problem but then reappear.

what you can do is use root explorer or browser and go to system/apps and delete the playstore and reinstall it from the web or apk google it you shuold get a latest one... that will fix the issue ,
for signal I know the issue I will add a patch , its due to the increase in network throttle added so if signal gets a little weak it drops and tries to reconnect

k0p4n

Jan 19, 2009
Seattle, WA
what you can do is use root explorer or browser and go to system/apps and delete the playstore and reinstall it from the web or apk google it you shuold get a latest one... that will fix the issue ,
for signal I know the issue I will add a patch , its due to the increase in network throttle added so if signal gets a little weak it drops and tries to reconnect

Great thanks! Ill try that. By the way I am NOT using the E988. I have the E980 from ATT.

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

anirudhks
I saw in the other xperia thread you asked if anyone wanted an aosp rom and its kinda funny but thats what i thought this rom was lol but stock meant factory stock not aosp.
Anyway, i think ppl would rather have you focus your energy on a an aosp one than a debloated lg one, tho both are important. The aosp one needs more work of course so yea. Looking forward to that network patch, thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK Guys as promised

Here is the stock debloated pre rooted flashable rom

for E988 and E980

as Stock no screenshots..

Features
    zip alligned
    optimized apps
    Stock Theme
    debloated
    ultra fast
    best battery life
    tweaked for better battery
    tweaked for better wifi speeds
    tweaked for better CPU control
    tweaked for better 3g /4g speeds
    better touch response
    additional tweaks i dont remeber

deodexed coming soon...

instructions
    1.copy the rar to desktop extract to a folder
    2. copy the folder to clockworkmod\backup on your sd card
    3. reboot to recovery and restore
    4. no wiping necessary reboot ..if you are E980 ATT , then proceed to next step
    5. Along with the above rar file download the E980 Baseband and flash it post restore of the folder. and reboot.

link --- http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/Users/Anirudhks-OptimusGPro/
    file : stock.rar
    E980 baseband for E980 users

http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/Users/Anirudhks-OptimusGPro/

currently ROM uploading please check the links after 2 hours may as the original size is about 850MB
    if you like my work hit thanks .....

buy me a beer or a coffee if you would like to :)

AT&T E980 BaseBand - http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+Optimus+G+Pro/Modems/AT&T+E980+Baseband/
    OK can someone give me a step by step walk through on doing this all off the device itself? My PC is broken

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Download the file and the baseband.
    Take the Rom file in your file manager(I use ES File) and extract it to a known location.
    Once you.have done that, go into the file and take the folder that has a bunch of numbers and copy it into the clockworkmod/backup folder
    Reboot into recovery
    Restore that file
    Flash the baseband
    Factory reset
    Reboot
    Enjoy

Sent from my LG-E988 using Tapatalk 2
    finally figured out the issue for the flashable zip , quite late here now will upload flashable zip tomorrow...
    but issue fixed :)

edit : i loose the visibluty of sdcard.. allthough i can browse from the root broswer doest show up in the file manager,,, looking still into it..
    FOR ANYONE WITH PLAYSTORE ERRORS!

Well i finnaly figured it out. I accadently deleted my entire playstore app from my system folder...due to the errors and force closings....heres what i did to fix my problem. Download an apk of the playstore install it then use the payed verson of titanium backup to force the playstore app back to system. Then use Titanium backup to restore playstore from my nandro backup of the rom i am using. No more errors playstore is back:D
    Oh and how come nobody ever told me Titanium backups payed version was just about the most greatest app ever.. i knew it was sweet. But had no idea about what it can really do...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app