Chrome Cast Receiver for Fire TV

Search This thread

josuelopezv

Feb 18, 2011
Heredia
Free APK to send chrome cast content (screen cast and tab cast) to your fire tv. It supports any fire tv.

Instructions:
side load the APK to your Fire TV

Version 1.2

This is not my work but it is verified to work and it does not contain any ads or any limitations

Attachments

• CastApp_SIGNED_ALIGNED.apk.apk
    9 MB · Views: 68,735

zarnox

Nov 17, 2012
Hello!
Thank you very much for this app. I sideloaded on my FTVS and it works great with Spotify. Unfortunately I can't detect it with any other app like Chrome / Youtube... Is this app able to cast only sound?

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Install Google Home on your tablet, phone, whatever and go to cast screen.

This works great. Just gonna keep stuff like roms\emulators on my tablet primarily now.
Thank you!

Reactions: josuelopezv

jayjojayson

Hi, thanks for apk. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I have installed your apk and googleHome Cast app. Moreover i installed the google play service for android tv. On my phone and my PC i can see the new "tv-stick-chromecast-device", but i don't can see anything if i try to send something from Phone or PC to the Stick. After opening the Chromecast app i tried to go to cast screen, but there is no device found. What i'm doing wrong, please help me. Thank you.

greetings

KLit75

Jun 29, 2014
VERY cool!
It took me several times to get it to cast but it is works.
I hope this app sticks around longer than the last Google cast app for AFTV.

castreceiver

Dec 7, 2017
Hi josuelopezv:
What's so shameful. Developers give you a convenient to install android box without Google Play Service since you said you already buy it from Google PlayStore. But you leak it as piracy and don't think how many times developers spend to implement the Cast Protocol in house.

Free APK to send chrome cast content (screen cast and tab cast) to your fire tv. It supports any fire tv.

Instructions:

Version 1.2

This is not my work but it is verified to work and it does not contain any ads or any limitations

AlUrNiMa

May 1, 2015
Duesseldorf
Hi josuelopezv:
What's so shameful. Developers give you a convenient to install android box without Google Play Service since you said you already buy it from Google PlayStore. But you leak it as piracy and don't think how many times developers spend to implement the Cast Protocol in house.

I thought this is forbidden/illegal? Shouldnt this thread or at least the APK have been deleted?
I do not have a problem to buy any app that has the right functionality.
Im just not used to see pirated content on here(?) :confused: :eek:

theprall44

Jan 1, 2011
This doesn't seem to allow cast of youtube. It works fine for everything else though. Was hoping to use this for a workaround for the upcoming youtube app removal.

Dave

Same here. Casting from YouTube via Chrome on my laptop doesn't work but casting the whole screen does (never found a use for that though since the quality and latency make it pretty useless)

TT_Vert

Sep 11, 2010
Yeah since I found a work around for the coming youtube/fire armageddon I'm not concerned. How are you casting the whole screen btw?

Dave

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
I use Google Home to steam everything and haven't had a hiccup. Even games work fine.

killerz298

Dec 24, 2007
Thanks! I'll give this a shot. How is the apk in this thread different than the one in the play store?

maddogx1

Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for posting this. Is there any way to support the developer as this appears to be a premium version?

Last edited:

rcrh

Jun 21, 2011
This appears to run as a chromecast receiver & NOT as a chromecast Audio receiver. I'm not sure why Google differentiates them but it would be nice to have a toggle in this app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instructions:

Version 1.2

Thanks. So I might as well use default mirror option in FTVS2 instead of this?
    This is mirroring by Google Cast, Amazon's is Miracast which is dead on newer versions of Android.
    Install Google Home on your tablet, phone, whatever and go to cast screen.

This works great. Just gonna keep stuff like roms\emulators on my tablet primarily now.
    Thank you!
    There is nothing illegal about this.
    Works great for me, using android 8 on OnePlus 3t to cast to Amazon Fire 4k.
    To use-after installing cast receiver and enabling cast on the fire tv-
    On the phone-
    1. launch the app you want to cast, open video feed (in my case- Motogp app). The casting button will appear but greyed, not working
    2. Open Google home app, cast the phone to the fire tv- the phone will appear on the tv screen
    3. Go back to the video app- now the casting button is active and you can press it and cast!

Thanks for posting this. Is there any way to support the developer as this appears to be a premium version?
    After I saw it's working and solve my problem- I've installed the app from playstore on my phone and payed for the premium version, you can do that of you like