How to root your Samsung Galaxy Gear!

Search This thread

geckolicious

Dec 15, 2014
I tried the same thing that derrtydee did, but first I downloaded the drivers from this site , impactor, followed all the steps to no avail. Then I went to the samsung page downloaded their drivers, plugged in my gear to the pc, charging icon pops up, loads impactor no device found. Yes it is in debug mode, I rebooted it, deleted and reinstalled the drivers, files but still no go. Can someone help me, please?

I had the same problem before and i remembered that i read or whatched that you need to have the firmware mk7 something. I searched for the firmware, there is a thread on the latest here in XDA and downloaded it. Then changed my stock firmware to mk7 and did the steps to root and install twrp and null rom. And it worked! My Galaxy Gear is not running in Null ROM! Hope this helps :)

chuckdaginger

Sep 22, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Gear "No device found"

hey guys. I feel i have tried every possible method to root the first Samsung Galaxy Gear (Model SM-V700) but I am having the worst with this bloody thing, so am now reaching to all the Android fans of the world for help and assistance!
I have downloaded all possible software that people on here tell me to do such as Cydia Impactor, ALL drivers known to man, SuperSu APK and all Samsung ADB Drivers. Computer has been reset, gear has been reset and is updated to latest firmware as far as i can see (V700XXUCNF1) Every time i try and run Cydia Impactor, the text in the box says "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su" But when i hit start, all i get greeted with is "No Device Found" Have tried clicking on USB and running Driver Scan but all i get is "No Such Device" Different USB ports or cables have also done nothing and I am at the end of my tether now!
I have uninstalled all software multiable times now to see if I have downloaded a bug somewhere (and yes, have emptied recycling bin) but no matter what I do, i can't root the damm thing! The drivers are installed and just to clarify, it is also in USB Debugging mode. I have even tried KingoRoot but that isn't doing anything either.
Please help as I am out of ideas!

Cire911

Feb 28, 2015
Ok, I promised myself to get some sleep before midnight, but I'll help! :)

1: Uninstall EVERYTHING from the computer. drivers, Impactor, EVERYTHING you can find related to the gear and empty the recycle bin.
2: Unplug any unnecessary USB devices INCLUDING the Gear!!
3: Reboot the computer
4: Reboot the gear by pressing and holding the power button to force reboot it.
5: On the gear toggle off and back on the adb option.
6: Re-download and re-install the drivers
7: Re-download and start up impactor
8: Plug in the gear and wait 60 seconds AT LEAST. Longer if the drivers aren't set up.
9: Retry impactor.
10: If you don't have luck, let me know, I'll see what I can do!

i tried this and it still tells me no device found... i even crashed my pc and reinstalled everything and it still tells me no device found. this is irritating ....

mlips821

Feb 6, 2015
Atlantic City
hey guys. I feel i have tried every possible method to root the first Samsung Galaxy Gear (Model SM-V700) but I am having the worst with this bloody thing, so am now reaching to all the Android fans of the world for help and assistance!
I have downloaded all possible software that people on here tell me to do such as Cydia Impactor, ALL drivers known to man, SuperSu APK and all Samsung ADB Drivers. Computer has been reset, gear has been reset and is updated to latest firmware as far as i can see (V700XXUCNF1) Every time i try and run Cydia Impactor, the text in the box says "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su" But when i hit start, all i get greeted with is "No Device Found" Have tried clicking on USB and running Driver Scan but all i get is "No Such Device" Different USB ports or cables have also done nothing and I am at the end of my tether now!
I have uninstalled all software multiable times now to see if I have downloaded a bug somewhere (and yes, have emptied recycling bin) but no matter what I do, i can't root the damm thing! The drivers are installed and just to clarify, it is also in USB Debugging mode. I have even tried KingoRoot but that isn't doing anything either.
Please help as I am out of ideas!

I saw your post cause I am trying to install Null rom on my gear. The problem you are having is that you are currently running Tixen (NF1)......You have to be on stock android firmware (MK7)..........I also was running Tizen OS and you have to DOWNGRADE back to ANDROID MK7 firmware and all will be well.
THERE is a thread with everything you need and the instructions to follow to DOWNGRADE back to ANDROID.

FOLLOW TO THE LETTER TO DOWNGRADE DEVICE!!!!
you might lose ability to use touchscreen in the process of downgrading, but all you need is power button to toggle mods and quick fingers. GOOD LUCK!

ivanoalbergo@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2011
Goodmorniiiiing all of you

I have a problem with Gear-Pc

I would like to install a Rom and i install all,since root and Null Twrp 2.7.But when i try to put inside Supersu and other file from pc to my gear i cannot do this because my pc don't read Galaxy Gear (debug usb flagged)and i can't transfert the file.This the only problem because Odin 3.0.9 read my gear,but wondershare mobile go doesn't read my gear

I have now on my gear V700XXUAMK7

Avenger-kaz

Apr 6, 2016
Hello
Can I ask you about Samsung Galaxi Gear.
I need to make foto using Voice commands. Is it possible?
Regards
Bolat

Last edited:

linkkoriri

Sep 10, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I am having the worst time with trying to root this gear.
I know from reading I need to rollback to an android version from Tizen. EVERYTHING I have tried to do so has failed. I've downloaded multiple versions of the MK7 android from different countries, as well as firmware from xda and samfirmware, and every time I use odin (Any versions, I've tried a few) it either Crashes or Freezes as soon as it hits the recovery.img. I am at a total loss, and I've been searching for hours for a solution, it does not seem like anyone else has my issue, or has figured it out (Im a novice nerd to this stuff it seems)

Anyone got any ideas?

Gravemoss42

Dec 30, 2014
im in download mode, ive switched to ap mode, connected to my watch via my wifi, but on the watch screen it says connection timed out, (110) failed to connect, and odin doesnt see wy watch gear s2 classic

Mc kerien

Dec 20, 2016
When I start cydia impactor i do not get a defualt drop down of . "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su" how can I fix this ? other options fail to complete

-seam-

Feb 23, 2017
way to overclock?

ive talked to a few people that have overclocked their gear from 1.6 to around 2.0ghz can someone help me to do the same? is there an app that i can use or is there a different rom i can use that adds an overclocking option. I really wanna figure this out, thank you

Avenger2040

Dec 5, 2012
Mexico City
Guys, I just found my brothers Galaxy Gear, but need to know, what else is needed to fully use the watch with a Motorola Moto G5 Plus, will need to install a custom ROM?

nikbigbang03

Jan 16, 2018
try: exec id
su: Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7

The Galaxy A Series is a 2017 lineup of budget phones from Samsung. The feature
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7

The Galaxy A Series is a 2017 lineup of budget phones from Samsung. The feature": error=13, Permission denied
java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied

process is null
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7

The Galaxy A Series is a 2017 lineup of budget phones from Samsung. The feature": error=13, Permission denied
java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied

process is null

spannernick

Feb 7, 2010
London
I am hoping someone can answer this this is 2 years old last post...
I am using Impactor_0.9.45 and it see my Gear 1 and I click start and when it gets to puting super su on the Gear is can't copy it,it says" adb.ccp:535. INSTALL_FAILED_INVALID_APK" ...Anyone know why..?

I have flash firmware BTU-V700XXUAMK7-20131115153259 and it worked. and its was doing it on the firmware before this too.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Gear:

Firstly:
    I AM IN NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OUTCOME OF YOU FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS! IT WORKED FOR ME, BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, WITHOUT A DOUBT, WORK FOR YOU!

Root Guide:

Preparation:

1. Install Samsung's official ADB Drivers from here.

2. Get Cydia Impactor from here.

3. Go to your Gear's settings and enable ADB​

To Root:

1. Plug in the device and let it install all the drivers it needs.

2.Unzip the Cydia Impactor folder you just downloaded

3. Open Impactor from the folder you just unzipped

4. The default "# drop SuperSU su to /system/xbin/su" is what you need

5. Click start

6. Once the process completes, the device will still look normal, but is fully rooted!​

I will have to leave it to you guys to install a utility like SuperSU or Superuser until there is a functioning recovery for the Gear.
    Though this isn't necessary, however, and in some most cases doesn't work! SuperSU or Superuser just manage what apps access the SU command, so if you trust the app, it should be ok!

Enjoy your newly rooted device!​

How to restore back to stock:

Preparation:

1. Get Odin 3.07 from here.

2. Find the proper .md5 file from here.
    (If you are in the US, just select the Great Britain file.)

3. Install Samsung ADB drivers from here.

To Restore:

1. Plug in the Gear

2.From being powered on, (Bootable or not) press and hold the button of the right until the Gear shows "Samsung Galaxy Gear Rebooting" and rapidly press the button until you get to the "Select REBOOT MODE" screen.

3. Highlight "Download" in the list by pressing the button to scroll.

4. Press and hold the button for 3 seconds (and let go! The screen won't change immediately) and let it boot into download mode.

5. Unzip the .zip file you just downloaded that contains the ROM itself.

6. Select the PDA button and open the .MD5 file in the folder you just unzipped.

7. DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING ELSE!!!

8. Click the start button, and you'll be back to stock within a couple of minutes! (Most likely with any data on /data kept and all sideloaded apps remaining.)​

Any questions? Ask below! Want to help me make a ROM or Recovery? PM me!
    What I'm working on:

Currently, (and I know it's not much) but I'm working on a way to use the paired android device as a keyboard and trackpad for the Gear. Next, Internet connection!
    Minecraft on the Galaxy Gear!

After typing that about mounting the gear I immediately questioned whether that ever worked. :silly:

That being said, I have the su file in system/bin and system/xbin/, but anytime I try to run something that requires root it says "must be suid to work properly". After trying to find a fix for that for a few hours without luck I've run out of ideas.

Better yet, why not make a backup of the rooted rom that can be flashed via Odin now that download mode is more accessible?

I just added restore instructions to the OP!

Oh, and I found that Minecraft actually runs rather well, if not extremely cramped!

Look for my video on Youtube! Username: Photonic Boom
    I have updated the OP with links and better instructions! Check it out! :)
    i... THINK it worked. for kicks and giggles i plugged my Note 3 into my computer, on my windows 7 PC which is where i do a majority of my tinkering/rooting/etc. it didn't recognize it at all, even with USB debug on, so I think my problem may have had to do with the drivers that I had. i cleared everything off like you said, uninstalled & emptied the recycle bin. redownloaded drivers (the older file wouldn't install on my windows 8 pc so i got them from samsung directly for the Note 3), did the hard reboot on the gear, put it in debug mode, plugged it in and booted up impactor. impactor actually moved, did the whole "testing" thing and series of numbers. the "footprint" message popped up on the gear, i accepted it to always allow this PC, and then that was that. i'm going to try to install the null rom now and see if i can get anywhere. i'm a little concerned that my gear doesn't show up as a drive such as when my Note 3 or my Tablet are connected, it's definitely charging and you hear the sound that it's connected, but it doesn't show me that it's accessible, even after all this. is that the way that it's supposed to be? let me know.

hopefully this will work. if not, then idk what i'll do... but i appreciate your help none the less.

Only after installing the null ROM will MTP (Mounting as a drive) mode be available! When the Null ROM is installed, be sure to go to Settings(FULL settings! Not the Gear's settings app!)>Storage>Menu>USB Computer Connection> Select "Media Device (MTP)"

It only works in the null ROM!