[APP][MOD]OGYouTube v3.5 Downloader, Popup/Background/ScreenOff Playback [STOPPED]

Search This thread

[] AL []

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
I also have force close of ogyoutube when trying to play videos from play store.
Details, details.... they help.

I've just tested with the no-root themed on Marshmallow and the Playstore clips play fine here. It was a pleasant surprise because lately, it seems like the PS was using it's own mini YT player for those. But this time, I was asked OGYT or my browser. So all good here.

robert1337

Jan 8, 2015
Details, details.... they help.

I've just tested with the no-root themed on Marshmallow and the Playstore clips play fine here. It was a pleasant surprise because lately, it seems like the PS was using it's own mini YT player for those. But this time, I was asked OGYT or my browser. So all good here.

idk what more details you want, i already posted bug here which was ignored completely by you.
the force closed from playstore are the one thats replace original youtube (xposed and root versions)
also i have been able to reproduce swipe gesture bug, play a video, fullscreen it, it works, then if you press back until the video plays on bottom right, fullscreen it again, swipe wont work anymore

[] AL []

Feb 22, 2011
idk what more details you want, i already posted bug here which was ignored completely by you.
the force closed from playstore are the one thats replace original youtube (xposed and root versions)
Details like [as already mentioned MANY times]:

- which of the three apps you're using;
- what is your rom/Android version;
- the steps explaining how to reproduce the issue.

That should always be the (obvious) very strict minimum to give for any bug report - since it seems that very few can grab a system log of crashes like the dev has asked for...

And how am I supposed to know the details of what each and everyone have posted before? Should I have read backwards just in case...?

I've completely ignored your post?!?

Well, first off: I'm not paid to do support here, so please excuse me if I don't reply to every single post and above all, I'm not the dev of this app. So receiving this kind of comment for something that I really don't have to do is nothing to get me in the best of moods...

But let me try now:

1) in my mind, the swipe feature problem had/has nothing to do with the changes I've made for my theme; I wrote something very similar and explained what kind of issues the theme could create just 2 posts above that report of yours; maybe you've completely ignored that... You had no clear way to reproduce the issue at the time either, so I had nothing to add to what you gave there;
2) you wrote it yourself: you were using my themed version because the 2 others were giving you problems. So again, it seemed like my theme had no implication there... And since I have yet to try and use the root version and that I am not planning on trying the Xposed one [because I will not hack my phone's framework with that "__insert bad word here__"], I had nothing to reply to that point either.

So really, I don't even see why you've even quoted me for both of these points.

And another reason for my silence on it might very be that I find that I write waaay to much in this thread already...

I'm just trying here... trying to get people to give valuable info and not just things like: "hey, there's this or that bug" so that OGMods gets something to work with. But if it's to get criticized for not remembering and replying to everything posted, well I'd probably should just stop because my answers won't get any prettier...

So there you have it.

also i have been able to reproduce swipe gesture bug, play a video, fullscreen it, it works, then if you press back until the video plays on bottom right, fullscreen it again, swipe wont work anymore
Well, now we're getting somewhere...

I could reproduce that also. And I could also avoid the issue by using the top left corner 'down arrow' to minimize the video instead of using my phone's back button.

So 'maybe' with these 2 things, @OGMods will be able to figure out something...

robert1337

Jan 8, 2015
Details like [as already mentioned MANY times]:

- which of the three apps you're using;
- what is your rom/Android version;
- the steps explaining how to reproduce the issue.

That should always be the (obvious) very strict minimum to give for any bug report - since it seems that very few can grab a system log of crashes like the dev has asked for...

And how am I supposed to know the details of what each and everyone have posted before? Should I have read backwards just in case...?

I've completely ignored your post?!?

Well, first off: I'm not paid to do support here, so please excuse me if I don't reply to every single post and above all, I'm not the dev of this app. So receiving this kind of comment for something that I really don't have to do is nothing to get me in the best of moods...

But let me try now:

1) in my mind, the swipe feature problem had/has nothing to do with the changes I've made for my theme; I wrote something very similar and explained what kind of issues the theme could create just 2 posts above that report of yours; maybe you've completely ignored that... You had no clear way to reproduce the issue at the time either, so I had nothing to add to what you gave there;
2) you wrote it yourself: you were using my themed version because the 2 others were giving you problems. So again, it seemed like my theme had no implication there... And since I have yet to try and use the root version and that I am not planning on trying the Xposed one [because I will not hack my phone's framework with that "__insert bad word here__"], I had nothing to reply to that point either.

So really, I don't even see why you've even quoted me for both of these points.

And another reason for my silence on it might very be that I find that I write waaay to much in this thread already...

I'm just trying here... trying to get people to give valuable info and not just things like: "hey, there's this or that bug" so that OGMods gets something to work with. But if it's to get criticized for not remembering and replying to everything posted, well I'd probably should just stop because my answers won't get any prettier...

So there you have it.

Well, now we're getting somewhere...

I could reproduce that also. And I could also avoid the issue by using the top left corner 'down arrow' to minimize the video instead of using my phone's back button.

So 'maybe' with these 2 things, @OGMods will be able to figure out something...

of course i said you ignored my post completely because you didnt even react to it, did you see i tagged ogmods too?
you didnt know the problem because you didnt read my post, if you read it, you can just reply them "its ogmods problem of youtube not my dark themed one"
who in the world use that arrow button? its easier to reach with my phone's back button. galaxy note 4 isnt exactly a small phone.
i gave complete details to you because i thought you made the swipe gestures thingy, my bad then
hope @OGMods can fix these bugs :)

Reactions: conan1231

[] AL []

Feb 22, 2011
of course i said you ignored my post completely because you didnt even react to it,
Who are f you to assume to affirm that because I didn't reply, I didn't read? Especially after I took the time to write a whole page explaining tbe reason why I didn't.
did you see i tagged ogmods too?
Yes, next time please remember to not quote me because I'm done with you.
you didnt know the problem because you didnt read my post, if you read it, you can just reply them "its ogmods problem of youtube not my dark themed one"
I didn't know the problem now!? and again you acuse me of not reading : geez grow a pair man! You think I'm stupid? Know the problem?! Yes, I should have replied to you that, because obviously, you're like a little kid that needs someone to bold his hand and cannot understand why someone that has no interest other than helping out choose to ignore your basically useless post.
who in the world use that arrow button? its easier to reach with my phone's back button. galaxy note 4 isnt exactly a small phone.
OMG! did I tell or suggest you in any way yto use that button? I wrote that the problem can be avoided using it, so OG might find a solution now that he knows how to repeat the problem and how to avoid it... Nice that you just now mention your phone model... : just took you what 3 posts.

Have a happy life, Bob.

robert1337

Jan 8, 2015
Who are f you to assume to affirm that because I didn't reply, I didn't read? Especially after I took the time to write a whole page explaining tbe reason why I didn't.
Yes, next time please remember to not quote me because I'm done with you.
I didn't know the problem now!? and again you acuse me of not reading : geez grow a pair man! You think I'm stupid? Know the problem?! Yes, I should have replied to you that, because obviously, you're like a little kid that needs someone to bold his hand and cannot understand why someone that has no interest other than helping out choose to ignore your basically useless post.
OMG! did I tell or suggest you in any way yto use that button? I wrote that the problem can be avoided using it, so OG might find a solution now that he knows how to repeat the problem and how to avoid it... Nice that you just now mention your phone model... : just took you what 3 posts.

Have a happy life, Bob.

LOL i did mentioned my phone model in my first post. see? you didnt even read my first post :p

smohanv

Nov 5, 2006
Higham, Rochester, Kent
logo.png
Features:

• You can download multiple downloads in the meantime
  • You can watch the video on Background & Popup Window
  • You can watch the video while the Screen is off
  • You can play all qualities *140p~1440p*
  • You can download the video as [MP3]
  • You can download the subtitles
  • You can download any quality
  • Seek Controls (Position, Volume, Brightness)
  • Option to press back button twice to exit the video
  • And more :eek:

Download:
Here

Disabling the original version:
Settings >> Application manager >> All >> YouTube >> {Uninstall Updates then Disable}
Or If you have Root just delete it...

FAQ
Here it is

Translation :
You can translate the project into your language from my site here!

Thanks to:
@MaR-V-iN for his open source project MicroG
@MichaelGroth for providing the app icons and sort icons
@BigCrisco39 for providing an app icon
majidgolshadi for providing the chunk download ability
StandOut for providing the popup window ability
Guardian Project for providing ffmpeg for android

Donors:
@bengadget
[If you have already donated to me, send me the 'Transaction Id' on a private message to add your name here]

You can be one of them :eek:

------------------------------------------
Enjoy :eek:

XDA:DevDB Information
OGYouTube, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
OsamaGhareeb

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.1
Stable Release Date: 2017-04-15
Current Beta Version: 0.9
Beta Release Date: 2015-04-17

Created 2015-03-15
Last Updated 2017-04-14

Thanks for this module. I replaced with latest OG YouTube 3.1. Here is my file. It works very well.

https://multiupload.biz/oe49kg3ekdty/OGYouTube_Magisk_MultiUpload.biz.zip.html

ilmoro93

Jun 25, 2013
Separate video and audio

I've a problem with the download feature; I tried several times to download a big video file (1.2 Gb) and after downloading it the notification says ", null". When I search the files in the directory I find two files with no extension, which are the video and the audio. How can I solve? My phone is a Moto G3.

jaydee 77

May 27, 2011

Normas Interruptor

May 3, 2013
New Delhi

downloaderfan

Apr 28, 2014
Hi dev, thanks for all your hard work, I use OGYoutube to save data when on mobile data by using a lower quality. But ever since I updated to the latest version, the 'Update YouTube' nags have become really annoying. I get it like 3 times a day and whenever I turn screen off when OGYoutube is in the foreground, turning it on causes the update nag to pop up again. Is there a way it could be disabled or could you perhaps disable it in the next release? Thanks.

I'm using the xposed version with ogxposed btw.

a.machuca

Dec 4, 2016
Due to Official YouTube update, the history panel on OGYoutube isn't working. Some solutions?. By the way, I use the non-root version

MetalWarrior

Apr 17, 2016
[ said:
AL [];71933597]Well, all I can say is in this case, grabbing a log from the app crashing would be the most useful thing to do. Nothing can be done or looked at on guess work...

As for the search and watch history, I am planning to try using the app with an empty (default state) hosts file tomorrow to see if this is really what causes the problem (I don't use any other ad blocking method/app). So it should be easy to get an answer on that.

Hi AL!

I managed to solve the history problem.✌?
It wasn't the hosts file (AdAway). I found a discussion here on XDA where a user told that having more than one YouTube account or channel can cause this problem of not showing any history.
In my nephews case he always was logged in with his channel he created only for YouTube. This doesn't show history. Logging in with his Google account was the answer. All history shown!
EDIT: Meanwhile we even found out that it is possible to merge YouTube channels and accounts
via PC. History still working.

We also got your black theme working.?
De-installed / wiped all related to OG, micro and YouTube. Reboot. Re-installed all (with normal package installer) and all working well. Great!

@ OG and all:
Just one thing which is really annoying: Every time he opens OGYT or returns to a video from background playback there is this window telling that there is a YouTube update. Really really annoying. And strangely I don't get this update promt at all...

Why is that?

Last edited:

OGMods

Nov 5, 2012
ogmods.net
The site is back live and running fine

@ OG and all:
Just one thing which is really annoying: Every time he opens OGYT or returns to a video from background playback there is this window telling that there is a YouTube update. Really really annoying. And strangely I don't get this update promt at all...

Screenshots please

Freewander10

Jan 3, 2015
Gotham
Samsung Galaxy S10

I just realised what @MetalWarrior was talking about. The update notification pop up really is annoying. It happens when you initially open the app, and also when you unlock the device after playing a video in the background. I've attached a SS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-21-21-15-53.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-21-21-15-53.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 884

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png
    Features:

• You can download multiple downloads in the meantime
    • You can watch the video on Background & Popup Window
    • You can watch the video while the Screen is off
    • You can play all qualities *140p~1440p*
    • You can download the video as [MP3]
    • You can download the subtitles
    • You can download any quality
    • Seek Controls (Position, Volume, Brightness)
    • Option to press back button twice to exit the video
    • And more :eek:

Download:
    Here

Disabling the original version:
    Settings >> Application manager >> All >> YouTube >> {Uninstall Updates then Disable}
    Or If you have Root just delete it...

FAQ
    Here it is

Translation :
    You can translate the project into your language from my site here!

Thanks to:
    @[] AL [] for the Black Theme
    @MaR-V-iN for his open source project MicroG
    @MichaelGroth for providing the app icons and sort icons
    @BigCrisco39 for providing an app icon
    majidgolshadi for providing the chunk download ability
    StandOut for providing the popup window ability
    Guardian Project for providing ffmpeg for android

Donors:
    @bengadget
    [If you have already donated to me, send me the 'Transaction Id' on a private message to add your name here]

You can be one of them :eek:

------------------------------------------
    Enjoy :eek:

XDA:DevDB Information
    OGYouTube, App for the Apps & Games

Contributors
    OsamaGhareeb

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.5
    Stable Release Date: 2017-05-12
    Current Beta Version: 0.9
    Beta Release Date: 2015-04-17

Created 2015-03-15
    Last Updated 2017-05-11
    Changlog

v3.1 - 14/04/2017

• Fixed an issue with Popup mode
    • Fixed an issue with seeking controls
    • Fixed an issue that caused the video to stop when playing it in Background

v3.0 - 13/04/2017

• Added Downloads Queue
    • Added Seek Controls (Position, Volume, Brightness)
    • Fixed some issues with updating the download links
    • Fixed some issues with downloading
    • Revamped Settings Screen
    • Improved the Downloads app
    • The Black screen when you come back from Popup/Background mode, will be added back sooner now
    • Other Bug fixes and improvements

v2.7 - 01/04/2017

• Root version and No-root version now support devices that doesn't have Google Services installed
    • Added back "Enable All Qualities" option (doesn't work on all devices)
    • Improved videos decryption process
    • Fixed some issues with Android 4.x
    • Improved 'Downloads' app
    • Supported x86 architecture
    • Other bug fixes

v2.6 - 28/03/2017

• OGYouTube (Unroot version only) now support Devices that doesn't have Google Play Services installed
    • Download notifications will vibrate only instead of making sound
    • Fixed an issue when starting the app for the first time
    • Fixed an issue when clicking the option menu on subscription videos
    • Improved the download notification on Android Nougat
    • Removed "Enable all qualities" since it doesn't work anymore
    • Minor fixes and improvements

v2.5 - 27/03/2017

• Updated the base version to YouTube 12.10.60
    • Support the download on Android Nougat
    • Fixed some issues with decrypting videos
    • Fixed some issues with downloading
    • Other bug fixes

v2.1 - 31/08/2016

• Support downloading to the external SDCard (only on Lollipop and newer versions)
    • Added an option to set a speed limit for downloads
    • Added an option to select how many threads for each download
    • Added back the option to auto switch to background playback
    • Added an option to reset the transaction id (on Remove Ads)
    • Fixed the issue that kept the download stopping by itself
    • Fixed some decryption issues
    • Fixed the default screen option
    • Improved the download process
    • Improved some other functions
    • Many bug fixes and improvements

v2.0 - 05/05/2016

• Updated the base to YouTube 11.16.62
    • Fixed Popup issue on Android Marshmallow
    • Fixed the Chromecast issue
    • Fixed some download problems
    • Supported chunk download (Download speed should be 5 times faster now)
    • Now you only need 1 app to fix login fix (thanks to @MaR-V-iN)
    • Many bug fixes and improvements

v1.2 - 13/01/2016

1. Android Marshmallow is now supported
    2. Fix download issues with some videos
    3. Other bug fixes and improvements

v1.1 - 22/11/2015

1. Updated to base 10.45.53
    2. Improved Download UI
    3. Added a new button to go to background
    4. Added a new option to go to background mode automatically
    5. Fix download issues with some videos
    6. Fix default quality problem
    7. Other bug fixes and improvements
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    v1.0 - 16/08/2015

1. Support downloading 60FPS
    2. Added Download button in Video's menu (Download w/o opening the video)
    3. Ability to Hide Downloads icon
    4. Ability to Rename videos before download
    5. Last downloaded quality will be selected automatically
    6. Fix bugs with merging files
    7. Fix default quality problem
    8. Fix notifications issues
    9. Fix download issues with some videos
    10. Login Fix
    ---------------------------------------------------------

v0.9 (Beta) - 17/04/2015

1. Updated the base to 10.13.54
    2. New option to 'Remove Ads from (Downloads) app'
    3. New option to 'Clear downloads'
    4. New Support 60FPS
    5. New option to set 'Default screen'
    6. New option to set 'Default Quality'
    7. Added 'Downloads Setting' inside YouTube Settings
    8. Background Playback is on by default
    9. Enable ExoPlayer (Dogfood) options in YouTube Settings
    10. Fix MP3 Downloading Problems
    11. Other Bug Fixes
    OGYouTube v3.5 Last update :(

• Removed checking for updates
    • Removed "Report", "Request" options from settings
    • Removed Bugs reports

Download

This is the last update for OGYT, and I'm shutting it down, because it's infringing YouTube terms of services

The OGYT page on my site(ogmods.net) will be shutdown within 2 days, and all the files will be deleted from the site :(
    OGYouTube Beta v0.8 ;)

*Updated the base to v10.05.6
    *All qualities are downloadable now
    *You can download subtitles
    *Screen-off, Background and Popup playback modes
    *Many fixes and Improvements

For report and requests join this Google+ Community

Download

*Sorry for keeping the project off for 1.5 year :rolleyes:
    A new update is coming soon ;)

• Based on the latest YouTube version 6.0.13
    • And Sign-in issue fixed :D (401 Authentication error)
    • Background/Screen-off playback
    • All qualities playable and downloadable