List of ROM's + MODS, KERNELS, RADIOS, HBOOT and MORE -- For the HTC Incredible

Search This thread

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
* These ROM's are listed in no particular order besides by category, they are just all here for you to see and choose for yourself. Check the threads to find out any bugs or problems certain ROM's may have. Some are optimized for speed, others for ease of use, features, while some are simply genius.

If you're new to custom ROM's don't get discouraged after a single bad experience with a particular ROM, I can almost guarantee you that you will find one that will blow away the Stock ROM to your liking.

Too many to choose from? Ask around in the Q & A section to get opinions for what ROM is best for you.

We love our developers here and hope everyone looking to change their incredible up will find a ROM (or ROM's :p ) that they love.

-------- GINGERBREAD ROM's --------
--------Gingerbread (Android 2.3.x) is the latest Android release for our phones.--------
With HTC Sense - ROMs based on a stock or ported Sense ROM (Gingerbread)

Sense(less) - These are Sense ROM's with the Sense UI removed/replaced

AOSP - Android Open Source Project (ported to the Incredible)

-------- ICE CREAM SANDWICH ROM's --------
-------- This version of android is currently not optimized for our phones. --------
-------- ICS ROM's typically will run slower and have worse battery life than previous versions of android.--------

-------- FROYO & Older ROM's --------
-------- These ROM's are no longer being updated by their developers and they run on an older version of Android.--------
With HTC Sense - ROMs based on a stock or ported Sense ROM

Sense(less) - These are Sense ROM's with the Sense UI removed/replaced

• Pure/Customized AOSP
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Post here if something is outdated or needs to be added and I'll be sure to keep this list up-to-date.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Performance -and- Other Useful MODS:
* These are mods that either upgrade system structures or tweak settings to provide better performance and/or battery life.
Adrenaline Mod: DOWNLOAD
Supercharged V6: DOWNLOAD
EXT4 all: DOWNLOAD
The Best RAM Optimization: DOWNLOAD (note. if you use adrenaline V13 then you dont need this script because it is now included.)

WiFi Only (disables 3G and 1x radio): DOWNLOAD

CM7 Custom Lockscreen Rings DOWNLOAD
(MOD)(PORT)Beats Audio&Xloud DOWNLOAD

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Other Helpful Links:
List of Kernel's:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1169150
- Kernel's help decide how much CPU / battery power is used as well as many other complex workings such as memory management and process management.
Every ROM comes with a kernel, but here you can choose which one you like best and combine it with whatever ROM you like best.

List Of Radio's:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/2890-radio-htc-incredible-radios-pb31imgzip-updated-07-sept-2011/
- The radio controls GPS, WiFi, 3G and 1x connections. You will at best only see moderately minor changes in these areas while trying different ones. Possible to increase data speed, GPS lock speed, as well as better battery life.

List of Recoveries:
http://pvillecomp.com/?page_id=28
- A Recovery is a simple program used to flash new software (such as ROM's and KERNELS) to your phone. Your phone should have come with Clockwork after you rooted it, but check here if you want to flash a different one.

List of HBOOT's:
http://pvillecomp.com/?page_id=4
- HBOOT is a core piece of software used to check hardware, initialize software, and can be used to flash other vital pieces of phone software including the radio and recovery.

Important Things to know about your Incredible's battery:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=871051
- Explains why your battery level always has a big drop after a full charge

Custom Splash Screens + Boot animations:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=759691
- You can change the way your incredible looks when you boot it up

Android Kitchen - Customize Your UI:
http://uot.dakra.lt/
- Take your android UI into your own hands! Upload your current ROM, and from there you can customize the appearance of your ROM: including colors, textures, effects, icons, and much more. Don't be stuck with a phone that isn't perfect!

Radio: 11.19
Custom Theme by: Android Kitchen
Custom Lockscreen by: Widgetlocker (downloaded from market, customized via various XDA threads)
CPU cap: 883MHZ (done in CM7 Settings)
Launcher: Launcher Pro + (downloaded from market)
Keyboard: Swiftkey X (downloaded form market)

If I said something useful be sure to hit the "Thanks" button! :D

Last edited:

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
Looks good. I didn't go over it with a fine comb, but I did notice that you left out Redemption Rom, which is different than Redemptive rEVOlution. And Tiamat is a kernel, not a ROM.

Zoon0n

Sep 28, 2010
Thanks for this, very helpful. You might want to break the HTC Sense sections up into Sense UI and Z Ports, since there is an important difference between how the ROM's function

EDIT: Mods should sticky this and/or merge with the "Useful Threads" sticky because frankly the current sticky is awful and no where close to being up to date

Last edited:

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
Looks good. I didn't go over it with a fine comb, but I did notice that you left out Redemption Rom, which is different than Redemptive rEVOlution. And Tiamat is a kernel, not a ROM.
Thanks, didn't even notice- surprised I left that one out.
Fixed and fixed.

You might want to break the HTC Sense sections up into Sense UI and Z Ports, since there is an important difference between how the ROM's function
Good idea, will do later tonight ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: dmbtimmyb21

pianoplayer

Dec 5, 2010
Houston
Darn. I did something similar just yesterday or maybe the day before, just not with ALL the roms and with a bit of more info on what rom to use for noobs and posted in dinc general, but nobody's replied yet :(

Reactions: dmbtimmyb21

dunemessiah

Jan 31, 2011
This is great... can we get it stickied? I remember seeing this a while back and then it disappeared. Good resource for people who like me that swap roms every week :D

Reactions: siferking

ktdt00

May 23, 2006
Great List and Very Helpful! I thought Redemptive REVOlution a ported Sense ROM from the EVO?

-KTDT00

alanthemanofchicago

Dec 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
Some Additions

Wonderful iist, and great that they finally made it a sticky. Just a few items to add to the list, possibly:
IncDoes's Desire HD (I know it is a little outdated, but it is still great)
MyTouch Beta v3
And, possibly a link to the thread with the RA recovery images?
All in all, this is an incredible (yes, pun intended) list.

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
Great List and Very Helpful! I thought Redemptive REVOlution a ported Sense ROM from the EVO?
It has the EVO framework but Sense UI is the same version as the rest in that category which is why I left it there and not in the ports category. This is kind of a weird ROM that doesn't fit well for either category but I felt it had more of the same attributes that the Stock Sense had than the newer Z sense ports.

Wonderful iist, and great that they finally made it a sticky. Just a few items to add to the list, possibly:
IncDoes's Desire HD (I know it is a little outdated, but it is still great)
MyTouch Beta v3
All in all, this is an incredible (yes, pun intended) list.
I know right? I was happy to see it stickied when I checked back here this morning :)
Thanks, added both.

can you post the link?

Pons

Sep 2, 2010
It has the EVO framework but Sense UI is the same version as the rest in that category which is why I left it there and not in the ports category. This is kind of a weird ROM that doesn't fit well for either category but I felt it had more of the same attributes that the Stock Sense had than the newer Z sense ports.

I know right? I was happy to see it stickied when I checked back here this morning :)
Thanks, added both.

can you post the link?
RA Recovery

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=758874

Reactions: POQbum

DesireC

Mar 27, 2010
Louisville
Ultimate Droid
LithiumMod
Cyaonbread
ShadowROM
Touch of Photons
Stock
Incredibly Re-engineered
Warm Two Point Two
The New Guy
Geared Romage
Carbonite Fusion
Meizu M9 port
Dell Streak port
n_i_x's MIUI port
Gingersuave MIUI

URL="http://heylisten.org/ROM/android/htc/dinc"]HeyListen.org ROM Index[/URL]

Also, IncDoes Desire HD was abandoned a while ago, the Desire Z ports have more features, less bugs, and are more stable. I don't think anyone still uses the DHD version.

Last edited:

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
I've added a few.
A good 1/3'rd of that list were ones that were already listed here.

Many of them had issues to where I can't put them up because of dead links, or because there was no thread/pics/description, just a file for the ROM.

But the ones I could add I did.

POQbum

Jan 18, 2011
Curious what criteria you use to evaluate popularity.
Combination of OP date, thread views and replies. I put the list together hastily and have been tweaking things to it since I posted it like 2 days ago based on suggestions.

>>
Well.. I decided the rankings are not a good idea as there's no way to really check peoples ratings on each ROM and no way to see how many people have downloaded each one. So the rankings were just a bad idea in the first place.

I did also notice the Sense ports were poorly ranked, but I think it's best just to leave them all here and let people decide instead of popularity rank having any sort of influence.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts