[ROM][STABLE][UNOFFICIAL] Oxygen ROM 2.3.2 (Android 2.3.7)

Search This thread

akashgupta222

Aug 27, 2011
Having some issues with Link2sd on the ROM. It is not able to relink some lib's when the phone reboots and because if that the lib gets deleted and there is a FC in the app.. Doesn't happen with all apps, only a few, eg swype and touchpal dialer.. Gets fixed when i reinstall the app and unlink the lib and reboot. Don't know why this happens, but didn't have similar issues on CM7. It happened on 2.2, 2.3 and now 2.4, and always happens with the same apps.
PS :- i am using a version of paolo's kernel on the ROM(can it be the cause)

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

TimelesslyPrecise

Oct 13, 2010
SouthWest Florida
OP,

Great Rom!!
Very clean, very minimalistic..

Please include this link in the first post for the masses..

It is an Old Baseband Fix, which i have tested with both yours and CM7 Nightly 28, Each are working fine..

Feel free to copy\edit\post the following text for instruction:

Use Old Baseband with Oxygen:
(for those still on v10, but would like to try out Oxygen Rom)

Unofficial Baseband fix can be downloaded:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8nllkie8ym9nb47
found from this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1443473

Installation:

While in Clockwork Mod Recovery, Flashing Rom:
-Flash Rom.zip
-Flash Basebandfix-2.zip
-Reboot
-Enjoy!!!

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

i like to use a program called CPUSpy, to tell me what modes my phone is using..

You can go into Batery Management to see what apps are using the most.

Its probably Facebook... Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: zonly1

jeremysherriff

Nov 8, 2011
Auckland
i like to use a program called CPUSpy, to tell me what modes my phone is using..

You can go into Batery Management to see what apps are using the most.

Its probably Facebook... Lol

BetterBatteryStats is useful to tell you exactly what apps are using the CPU, as well as which apps wake yor phone out of deep sleep (eg in order to do background sync etc).

It's in the market (small cost, very very worth it!), but there's also an XDA thread. Just search to find it.

Edit - Sorry, I see it's already been mentioned ;) Shows you how good it is..

Last edited:
Reactions: TimelesslyPrecise

skhamsala

Nov 1, 2010
Hyderabad
BetterBatteryStats is useful to tell you exactly what apps are using the CPU, as well as which apps wake yor phone out of deep sleep (eg in order to do background sync etc).

It's in the market (small cost, very very worth it!), but there's also an XDA thread. Just search to find it.

Edit - Sorry, I see it's already been mentioned ;) Shows you how good it is..

I have heard abt it many times, but not sure how to use it ! Is there a guide ?

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

ThePresence

May 24, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Having some issues with Link2sd on the ROM. It is not able to relink some lib's when the phone reboots and because if that the lib gets deleted and there is a FC in the app.. Doesn't happen with all apps, only a few, eg swype and touchpal dialer.. Gets fixed when i reinstall the app and unlink the lib and reboot. Don't know why this happens, but didn't have similar issues on CM7. It happened on 2.2, 2.3 and now 2.4, and always happens with the same apps.
PS :- i am using a version of paolo's kernel on the ROM(can it be the cause)

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

I was having same issue but right now its working flawlessly...but I'm having battery drain issue can anyone help??:(

Sent from my LG-P500 using Oxygen Rom

Last edited:

legycsapo

Apr 17, 2011
Transilvania
I love this rom. Fast and smooth...anyway is this a way to theme this rom ?
I know popdog said that he don't want to this rom look like cm, but it's need to be a way ...

vj_dustin

Dec 7, 2010
uktopgear.blogspot.com
^ for themeing read few pages back :p (quite a heated discussion)
anyhow

I tried a fresh start from the ROM, i froze every damn app with titanium leaving only the system apps. charged to 100% and slept 7hrs.
In the morning it was 96% and showed some wakelocks..
so any idea even after disabling all apps whats causing this drain??

Screenshots

Entire Menu
1e021f7e78.png

Battery Stats
9aba74716d.png

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
anyhow

I tried a fresh start from the ROM, i froze every damn app with titanium leaving only the system apps. charged to 100% and slept 7hrs.

Screenshots

Entire Menu
1e021f7e78.png

Battery Stats
9aba74716d.png

Titanium backup may make wakelocks...

Sent from my LG-P500

lerkin

Jan 4, 2011
msk
anyhow

Screenshots

Entire Menu
1e021f7e78.png

Battery Stats
9aba74716d.png

Post Betterbatterystats logs or screenshots...

Tonhos

Dec 23, 2011
Have you charged your phone from a usb port ou from ac?

Something that I have noticed is that when I charge the phone from a socket, my battery goes to 4200mv, and it stops earlier on my netbook usb port, something about 4130~4150.

I guess it could influence too.

nocterum

Dec 1, 2011
No battery drain here, 16 hours has passed with 10 minutes of 3G usage and battery now is still 91%. I use 2G with no data on standby with 245-600mhz InteractiveX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well hello!

Please read this post regarding the development of the rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29811287#post29811287

This is my attempt to port oxygen rom (and i think i've done a pretty good job) on our lgp500.
    Please remember this: anything that is written here or in the unwritten law of common sense can and will be ignored.
    Now let's get to the facts:

• Oxygen ROM is a highly optimized AOSP rom with only a few added features. I also intend to keep it that way. There will be no added features unless the good people from Oxygen want to add them. The rom is like this for a reason. So requests like "can you add theme manager?", "can it make me coffee?" will be ignored.
    • This ROM is now for new baseband only (as of v2.2). I see people on this forum have a hard time understanding this so i'll write it again. This ROM is for new baseband only.
    • No need to flash GAPPS now... included in zip file
    • There is no need for screenshots since this is basically AOSP. So just look around for some AOSP screenshots.
    • I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. You chose to flash the ROM it's your responsibility.

Now as for how to flash it:
    copy to sd->wipe data, cache, dalvik->flash (i flashed with clockworkmod, but might work with others)
    No need to flash gapps now... Included in zip

--------Link-------
    Change log, news, downloads, bugs, sources, donations, all available on the new blog.
    http://oxygen-for-p500.blogspot.com/ <--- v2.8 19 may 2012
    --------------------

Discussion thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1326151 (thank you sweetnsour)

Here is a nice review made by mr Brett Wagner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RAcnco5LUE

Changelog and bugs in second post.

I'd like to thank:
    • mik_os for his wonderful job porting cyanogen. Also his port was the base for this port so big thanks to him
    • mikegapinski for pointing me in the right direction
    • the wonderful people at openetna for sharing their sources. That's where most of the bugfixes came from
    • the oxygen rom team for creating this great rom

Useful links:
    Changelog is now available and maintained in the google code project wiki.
    Hello again (after a long while)

I'm sorry for my absence but as i said my studies were kind of overwhelming for a while... Anyway, i return here with bad news.

I will not continue to work on Oxygen for the following reasons:
    - I simply don't have the time to do it and it also does not help me at all with what i'm studying (i'm a med student :D )
    - Oxygen 2.3.2 (GB) has reached a state where it is very stable for most of the users. I know there are still small bugs here and there but most of those are app related or simply features of stock AOSP GB that people don't like, but that really is the Google way. I am very proud of what i've done and glad that people enjoy it and use it daily.
    - I (personal opinion) believe that GB is the most we can squeeze out of this phone without sacrificing stability or performance. I think ICS is just not going to happen on this phone like GB is. There are a few ICS roms out there for our phone but none of them are nearly as stable or as fast as GB (not because of the developers of those roms of course, but because of lack of proprietary software that is in use in GB)
    - I don't have a powerful enough computer to make fast builds. There is nothing more frustrating than compiling 5-6 hours of code and putting it on the device just to see that it's not working. Horrible...

Thank you all for a great ride. It has been an honour to bring this rom to P500. I will still be here on the forum to answer any questions you may have and to enjoy the work that devs do.
    Care for some updates?

On Oxygen ICS i managed to fix wifi, ril, mass storage and gps... still to come: live wallpapers, camera...

Now i just need a nice new kernel for it...

Fixes will also come for Oxygen GB. Stay tuned :)
    New GB version uploaded. You can find both the download and the changelog at the usual location. Please check out the issues on the google code page and report on the ones that mention "NeedTesting". Hopefully this will be the last GB release.
    It's been a great run but it's time to work on ICS :D