Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 MM 6.0 Custom Roms and Ports

Search This thread

coolbeans2016

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta
Here is 1 for the "Fixed Issue List" ............. :

Enable Multi Window and Multi User Modes:

If you have a rooted Marshmallow ROM, you can enable the 2 features above by editing the build.prop file found in /system/

For multi-window mode, change this entry in build.prop

ro.build.type=user

to -

ro.build.type=userdebug

To enable multi-user mode, add these 2 lines to the build.prop (anywhere, it doesn't matter)

fw.max_users=3
fw.show_multiuserui=1

Once you've made these changes, reboot the tablet.

To use multi-window mode, go to Settings, Developer options, and there will be a new menu item to switch this on or off.

To use multi-user, there will be a new option under Settings called Users.

This is a cool one from the "Fixed Issue List". I think you already have the "Sleep Issue" addressed....

One other item that would be good to make note of for others "future issues" is even though the battery is a non-removeable, it is unpluggable! As was detailed and helped solve an issue in original forum and this helped get device into an off state that fixed an issue someone was having (even though I believe it turned out his device was the wrong model)!

I'm late getting in on this forum due to my home network (AT&T U-Verse), but finally got the ROM downloaded, installing it today!
Thanks for alllllllllll the efforts Bigrammy that has gotten this device to this page!
Look forward to all the upcoming dev' contributions!
zach
ps... 2 other items
1. for those using external speakers/bluetooth soundbars etc... here is a non-root volume booster from the playstore that does even more than it says, my first time to find an actual volume booster that does not change anything invasively that is this powerful: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodev.volume.booster

2. And for the record, I'm using a PNY 128GB High Speed MicroSD XC Memory Card (P-SDUX128U165G-GE) that is 119GB formatted in "mixed" mode with adoptable storage.... "mixed 14%" gives me 32gb internal and 102gb leftover on card so its recognizeable by a computer when plugged in! No problems whatsoever like I have had before with another LG device and mixed adoptable storeage settings like the LG had where card was always hesitating to load up causing apps to be greyed out, none at all, not one time!
Adoptable Storage in MM (with mixed mode):

adb shell

sm list-disks

sm list-volumes all

sm set-force-adoptable true

sm partition disk:179,128 private (replace with mixed what number you want to be external, ie: mixed 80 will leave 80% of card as external, 20% external)

sm set-force-adoptable false

sm list-volumes all

NOTE: the fourth command partitions your SD card, and may take 2-3 minutes (or longer) to complete, depending on the size of your card. plus make sure you have a reliable and fast SD Card.

Disconnect your phone from the USB cable and reboot it. The reboot is crucial. Your phone may (or may not) take a bit longer to boot this time.

Once your phone is fully booted, tap Settings > Developer Options and disable USB Debugging, clicking “OK” to any messages that may appear.

Go to Settings > Storage & USB and tap your SD card. Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner and choose “Migrate data”.

Last edited:

gtallmadge

Apr 16, 2011
Veneta, OR
No problem :eek:
Be sure to let us know how it all goes. :fingers-crossed:
PS: Is that the Fire Phone you have?? I have just bricked my second Fire Phone trying unlock that darn bootloader again. I maybe able to recover this one though as there are still some signs of life unlike the last one :D

Not a Fire Phone, it is the Fire Tablet running the Fire Nexus (AOSP) ROM.

Reactions: bigrammy

chris5s

Rammy's Custom ROM

For the folks that may be wondering about this, some feedback -

Can i flash this using TWRP? - Yes
Do I need SPFlashTools, drivers, etc? - No, see above!
Is this ROM pre rooted? - Yes
I'm currently running stock ROM, can i flash this? - Stock Marshmallow? - Yes
Stock Lollipop? - I can't say for certain but almost certainly Yes

Just flashed so early days yet, but nice not to have my retinas burnt out from the default boot screen, first boot takes a while (as stated) but all seems good.

Try it, you won't be disappointed! :good::cool:

Link

Peace

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
For the folks that may be wondering about this, some feedback -

Can i flash this using TWRP? - Yes
Do I need SPFlashTools, drivers, etc? - No, see above!
Is this ROM pre rooted? - Yes
I'm currently running stock ROM, can i flash this? - Stock Marshmallow? - Yes
Stock Lollipop? - I can't say for certain but almost certainly Yes

Just flashed so early days yet, but nice not to have my retinas burnt out from the default boot screen, first boot takes a while (as stated) but all seems good.

Try it, you won't be disappointed! :good::cool:

Link

Peace
Thanks chris5s. :good:
Does launching the camera now clear the headphones for you as it does do for me??

If anyone needs to know about the Music app most things are in setting like getting song and album info album art etc etc
MiXplorer (File Manager) works flawless and is fully featured but maybe a little different visually for some. Just let me know if anyone needs to know "How do I ....?" with both app's
I added MiXplorer to the system to prevent anyone loosing file explorer functions altogether should you need to do a data wipe.

Reactions: gtallmadge

chris5s

Thanks chris5s. :good:
Does launching the camera now clear the headphones for you as it does do for me??

Ah yes, forgot to test that!

No it doesn't, i need to use an app. Also, have persistent lockscreen boats :eek:

I came from my own modded version, did a factory reset in TWRP then installed your update. A full wipe might have sorted things, i don't know :confused:

Peace

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Ah yes, forgot to test that!

No it doesn't, i need to use an app. Also, have persistent lockscreen boats :eek:

I came from my own modded version, did a factory reset in TWRP then installed your update. A full wipe might have sorted things, i don't know :confused:

Peace
Yep seems like a full wipe maybe needed to get the settings to apply fully.
Those boats do not exist in my ROM at all so they must be cached some place in your /data/media/0/Android/data/com.??Maybe if you did the TWRP Factory reset :confused:

Last edited:

chris5s

Yep seems like a full wipe maybe needed to get the settings to apply fully.
Those boats do not exist in my ROM at all so they must be cached some place in your /data/media/0/Android/data/com.??Maybe if you did the TWRP Factory reset :confused:

Twrp factory reset left me with boats :eek:
Full wipe - i.e.wipe everything in TWRP except sdcard - got rid of them.
Opening camera app doesn't seem to help with restoring speaker function after using headphones :crying:
Anyway, worth a go as I said :good:

Peace

Reactions: gtallmadge

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Opening camera app doesn't seem to help with restoring speaker function after using headphones :crying:

Peace
Ok mate thanks for checking. :highfive:
I am still puzzled why the headphones do not clear after launching the camera app :(
I could of sworn that the updated .img's in the flash would cure that problem. :confused:
Note these are not from the stock update but from the pushed OTA and match the "OTA Patched" boot.img which I repacked into the proper format.
I can't see /data having any effect on this particular issue so a full format should not be required. :eek:
Anyway off to work now :crying:

pcss

Dec 2, 2016
Hi bigrammy,

Many thanks for your work on this ROM. Apologies for n00bish questions, I've been in and out of hospital since flashing zMILWAUKEE's MM ROM and I'm not fully clear on a few things:

- Coming from zMILWAUKEE's ROM, I'm on TWRP 3.0. but I've not flashed the modded boot.img. Do I need to do that prior to going to your ROM?

- Will flashing your ROM enable DTTW which I could never get to work via gestures on MM?

Thanks!

ETA: It would appear I need the modded boot.img. Do I flash this in TWRP or via SPFlashtool?

Last edited:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Hi bigrammy,

Many thanks for your work on this ROM. Apologies for n00bish questions, I've been in and out of hospital since flashing zMILWAUKEE's MM ROM and I'm not fully clear on a few things:

- Coming from zMILWAUKEE's ROM, I'm on TWRP 3.0. but I've not flashed the modded boot.img. Do I need to do that prior to going to your ROM?

- Will flashing your ROM enable DTTW which I could never get to work via gestures on MM?

Thanks!

ETA: It would appear I need the modded boot.img. Is this in TWRP or via SPFlashtool
Coming to my rom all you need to do is Flash the .zip as per my instruction.
If you are on the stock MM your Data will be encrypted and you will need to FORMAT data to do this you will need to type "yes" to confirm.
Everything on the internal sd-card will be wiped so backup all your photos music etc

Reactions: pcss

pcss

Dec 2, 2016
Thank you!

Coming to my rom all you need to do is Flash the .zip as per my instruction.
If you are on the stock MM your Data will be encrypted and you will need to FORMAT data to do this you will need to type "yes" to confirm.
Everything on the internal sd-card will be wiped so backup all your photos music etc

chris5s

Scuse me butting in!

Dttw doesn't work, but under Settings -> Gesture features, you could set a gesture, drawing "O" for example, to activate your launcher?
This is what i have on mine, but i also have a magnetic cover which switches the screen on/off when opening/closing.

Reactions: Lanreallenjay

pcss

Dec 2, 2016
As per other posts on this, I turned on gestures, selected "O" but all I could see was a list of apps to chose from, not an actual system action such as "wake up" so I wasn't sure where I'd gone wrong.

Which cover are you using?

Scuse me butting in!

Dttw doesn't work, but under Settings -> Gesture features, you could set a gesture, drawing "O" for example, to activate your launcher?
This is what i have on mine, but i also have a magnetic cover which switches the screen on/off when opening/closing.

chris5s

As per other posts on this, I turned on gestures, selected "O" but all I could see was a list of apps to chose from, not an actual system action such as "wake up" so I wasn't sure where I'd gone wrong.

Which cover are you using?

If select your default launcher as the app, then when you draw an "O" it will launch your, um, launcher, in effect waking up the device :good::cool:

Sorry, don't know what make or brand the cover is :confused:

Peace.

Reactions: pcss

pcss

Dec 2, 2016
Thanks, looking for a complex option when there's a much simpler solution is very me! O.O

If select your default launcher as the app, then when you draw an "O" it will launch your, um, launcher, in effect waking up the device :good::cool:

Sorry, don't know what make or brand the cover is :confused:

Peace.

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

Did a format as suggested by bigrammy, typed yes, saw the format happen.

Any idea what I've missed?

IMG_0229.JPG

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Thanks, looking for a complex option when there's a much simpler solution is very me! O.O

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

Did a format as suggested by bigrammy, typed yes, saw the format happen.

Any idea what I've missed?

IMG_0229.JPG

ETA: Even though the format appears to happen, looking at the contents of internal SD on TWRP, it doesn't appear formatted. Lots of normal files and folders still visible.

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Wiped all the internal partitions individually, no errors, now looking at the boot logo animation.

Reactions: chris5s

coolbeans2016

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta
need a quick reply

Peace

Just flashed Bigrammys ROM...
forgot to ask...
do i wipe cache/dalvik before reboot?
did TWRP factory reset before flashing it
zach

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tablet-LENOVO-TAB2-A10-70-do-gier-i-multimediow-156316-900x900.jpg
    • I have opened this thread for the discussion of and sharing of specific information regarding the Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70F/L running on Android 6.0 MM.
      This is to reduce the need to post in the "main" thread for this device which is HERE
      The thread is open to ALL so please do not direct all question or comments towards me but ask and comment generally.
    • The thread should be restricted to Customisation and Porting of the Stock ROM.
    • Hints Tips and Tweaks.
    • The thread should Not include anything related to xposed PLEASE as this has a dedicated forum thread.
    • WARNING SPFlashTool and the use of will NOT be discussed in this thread. You are expected to know the very basics already like using SPflashTool, ADB, Fastboot and TWRP.
      Simple Google search's will reveal all the info you need about the aforementioned.
    • The #2 post below this one will contain the leaked MM link TWRP and official Kernel source code etc etc
    • This OP will be updated as time goes by so I am open to suggestions :eek:
    Where is everything??

• KEY: F= WiFi only version L= CELLULAR version (takes a SIM card) MM= Marshmallow (Android version 6.0) LP= Lollipop (Android version 5.0) KK= KitKat (Android version 4.4)
    • Kernel Source: HERE
    • FOR USE WITH RECOVERY OFFICIAL STOCK OTA's 6.0 MM ROM's L & F versions: HERE
    • FOR USE WITH SPFlashTool OFFICIAL STOCK 6.0 MM ROM's L & F versions: A10-70F_S000214_M_170207_ROW.7z (WiFi) and A10-70L_S000214_M_170606_ROW.7z (SIM) Passwords and credits located HERE
    • TWRP RECOVERY "L" and "F" 6.0 MM compatible: HERE
      Thanks to @Tzul
    • Empty image used to Wipe/Format your Userdata Using SPFashTool: HERE
      Thanks to bigrammy
    • The Modified Boot.img's "Systemless SuperSU Ready" L & F versions: for the above Firmware's are HERE
      Thanks to @Tzul again.
    • LEAKED STOCK MM ROM: HERE I Recommend using the Official Stock MM ROM's above but will leave this here for reference.
      Thanks to @zMILWAUKEE again.
    • Noob's guide to Flashing the OFFICIAL STOCK MM ROM's L & F versions above:
      NOOB's Read this post before you ask anything!!
    • Add Modified SPFlashTool Version OFFICIAL STOCK MM ROM's L & F versions from above:
      Read this post HERE for more info

Notes: Flashing this stock MM will automatically encrypt your data and "systemless" root will not work due to the old style Mediatek boot.img format (MTK Headers) these are not supported by SuperSU. See above for compatible version boot.img by Tzul.
    • Thanks to @Tzul for all the info TWRP's and OTA's Too many to link to. :good:
    • Thanks to @suhridkhan for the Main device thread HERE
    • There are so Many others who deserve Thanks concerning this device but listing everyone would be impossible for me to do. :(
    • Any help or advice from other Mediatek threads would be most welcome but especially from these guys @superdragonpt @DerTeufel1980 @fire855 and others working on the M.A.D project https://github.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers
      xda background info here
      Help input or advice with regard to maybe building from source porting from source would be invaluable Thanks.
      CPU is mt8165 > aka mt6752 build enviroment but is The Quad Core Version aka mt6732
    • Lenovo Tab 2 A10 specifications and features:
    • 10.1-inch Full HD IPS LCD display with 1920×1200 resolution
    • Wifi model: 1.5GHz quad core 64-bit MediaTek MT8165 processor, LTE model: 1.5GHz quad core 64-bit MediaTek MT8732 processor
    • 2GB of RAM
    • 16GB of internal storage, MicroSD expansion up to 32GB
    • 171 x 247 x 8.9mm, 509g
    • 8MP rear-facing camera
    • 5MP front-facing camera
    • Non-removable 7200mAh battery
    • Android 4.4 KitKat (Kernel Source) 4.4 5.1 and 6.0 official ROM's
    • Dolby ATMOS 3D Surrond Sound
    • Available in Pearl White and Midnight Blue
    Custom Stock ROM v1

Due to confusion and minor bugs that required some user input I have removed the TWRP version and replaced it with this SPFlashTool version.

Before Flashing:
    • This ROM will wipe your internal sd_card including Pictures, Music, etc, etc on it. BACKUP First You have been warned!!!
    • This ROM is NOT a full Android upgrade so please make sure you are already on Android 6.0 (MM)

Whats Different bigrammy??
    • boot.logo Now Black instead of the White burning out your eyeballs one.
    • bootanimation. Now Black Pixel animation.
    • Default wallpapers Desktop and lockscreen Now Pixel Blue (no more boats)
    • Pixel Launcher
    • Assistant enabled
    • Sony id enabled (Allows you to install some Sony app's from the play store like keyboard)
    • Ported Sony Music Album and Video directly from my Sony C4 mt6752 device. :D
    • These are Just to name a few but has lots of other minor mods I have forgotten about.

Installing and things to Note:
    • MM TWRP is included in the ROM.
    • Please flash the entire ROM or I/we will not know whats causing the problems should there be any.
    • After the flash is complete boot to recovery ONLY and flash Magisk Latest Stable release HERE
    • First time boot takes 10 minutes so do not panic. As soon you see the boot animation go make a cup of coffee and wait.
      It will boot guaranteed if you see the bootanimation. :fingers-crossed:
      The reason it seems to take so long is that the boot animation continues until fully booted so you do not see the usual dialog box "updating app 1 of xxx" etc
    • Ensure you update Google Play Services via the playstore (Doing this First ensures smooth and uninterrupted updates of the other playstore apps)
    • Update all other app's listed in playstore/my apps
    • Note app's like trackid will only display in portrait as our device res is not officially supported.
    • Credit to HootanParsa for the Awesome file explorer his thread is HERE Please leave your thanks there too.
    • Ensure to check all app permission and choose the Pixel launcher as default.
    • See post #3 for instruction on hiding the SIM icon in the notifications bar.
    • Lastly But Most important please LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK
    • I know it will not be to everyone's tastes so feel free to mod add remove install what you like.

Download Link:

Screenshots:

Lockscreen:
    wbZrd2gm.png

Desktop:
    6XDCN6cm.png

App drawer:
    j3cmfJ3m.png

Music Portrait:
    gAdvGA3m.png

Music Landscape:
    VFqxnN7m.png
    User contributed Hints Tips and Fixes

These are placed here for convenience only and should by no means take the place of reading this thread thoroughly
    • Custom Boot Animations HERE Posted by @chris5s
    • Enable Multi Window and Multi User Modes + SD_card Storage + Sound: HERE Posted by @coolbeans2016
    • SPFlashTool flashable Custom stock based ROM HERE Posted by @bigrammy
    • TWRP flashable Fix for Changing the Lockscreen Wallpaper on the above ROM HERE Posted by @bigrammy
    • Quick photo tut for newb's to remove the Sim icons etc on WiFi Only (F) models. HERE Posted by @bigrammy
    • Enable Double Tap to Wake "DTTW" HERE Posted by @chris5s
    For Noobs

PLEASE TAKE MORE THAN 1/2 A SECOND TO READ​
    The latest MM Rom's posted by @Tzul HERE are the Official OTA (Over The Air) updates which if your were on the latest Stock LP firmware you would receive anyway so check for Software Updates on your device First.

Will I get MM if I flash this?
    Yes they will UPGRADE you from the official LP to the Official MM release.
    How do I flash these?
    These official OTA's are designed to be recovery flash-able (eg TWRP)
    Can I flash these with SPFlashTool?
    No they are not SPFlashtool version Updates.
    Which one do I flash?
    Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70F, S000216_170601 is for the WiFi Only Tablet
    Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70L, S000214_170606 is for the 3G Tablet (Takes a SIM Card)
    Will I lose root if I flash this?
    Yes
    Will I lose my data if I flash this?
    Yes
    If your already on the leaked MM version I see no reason to format data so to prevent the data wipe
    Open the A10-70F_S000216_170601_ROW.zip and navigate to /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script open with a good txt editor and remove this line of text
    Code:
    format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.MSDC0/by-name/userdata", "0", "/data");
    Will my data be encrypted if I flash this?
    Yes
    Is it possible to flash this and keep root?
    Yes See HERE
    Is it possible to flash this and not have data encrypted?
    Yes See HERE
    Is it possible to flash this and keep TWRP?
    Yes See HERE
    And HERE for the MM TWRP-recovery.img's
    Why is this so difficult?
    It isn't
    I am on bigrammy's MM custom stock ROM do I need to flash this Update?
    No If your Happy with my rom you only need to flash the F boot.img from HERE and reflash SuperSU v2.79 then reboot.
    I am on bigrammy's MM custom stock ROM but want to go back to this Official Stock MM for the WiFi "F" version How?
    Open the A10-70F_S000216_170601_ROW.zip and navigate to /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script open with a good txt editor and remove this line of text
    Code:
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "A10-70F" || abort("This package is for \"A10-70F\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
    save close and flash the .zip
    Is it possible for you to come to my house flash this ROM, clean my house, wash my car, cut my lawn and give me $100?
    No
    Is it possible for you to write full detailed instruction with pictures and a video so I can use it on my blog and give no one on xda any credit at all except myself of course?
    No
    Your mean?
    Yes I know
    That's great but how do I keep root, TWRP and not have my data encrypted flashing the Official MM update?
    Copy All files to your external sdcard then Flash them in this order at the same time.
    1. Flash this which is for your Device
    Small Note: At this point it maybe wise to go back to the TWRP menu the choose Reboot/recovery to enable the newly formatted data partition to remount correctly before proceeding.
    2. Then Flash this which is for your Device
    3. Then flash SuperSU v2.79 or higher stable ZIP file from here
    4. Then flash The MM TWRP-recovery.img F or L depending on your device if not already installed.
    5. Reboot.