[UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA4][KANG TEST BUILD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ThePresence

May 24, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Last edited:
Reactions: jazzzzzzz

haxor

Apr 14, 2011
some where
Ahh it's not like that it's for security reasons,you can use root access as per your need...

You will be able to configure your exposure to root as:

Disabled

Enabled for ADB only

Enabled for Apps only

Enabled for both

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

yup i know dude i think u don't read carefully i m saying that CyanogenMod disables DEFAULT root access with CyanogenMod 9..but if you want then you can use it as per ur choice ;)

Lt.Win

Aug 20, 2011
Mumbai
I'm having this problem on beta4: the power menu (restart, shutdown, etc.) Is almost impossible to use. Screen shuts down 98 percent of the time. And my power button is not faulty, it never happened on stock rom.

ccdreadcc

Dec 4, 2010
Chennai
AUDIO is still mono ?
its making me decide against flashing the rom :(

Mono

Mono or monophonic describes a system where all the audio signals are mixed together and routed through a single audio channel. Mono systems can have multiple loudspeakers, and even multiple widely separated loudspeakers. The key is that the signal contains no level and arrival time/phase information that would replicate or simulate directional cues. Common types of mono systems include single channel centre clusters, mono split cluster systems, and distributed loudspeaker systems with and without architectural delays. Mono systems can still be full-bandwidth and full-fidelity and are able to reinforce both voice and music effectively. The big advantage to mono is that everyone hears the very same signal, and, in properly designed systems, all listeners would hear the system at essentially the same sound level. This makes well-designed mono systems very well suited for speech reinforcement as they can provide excellent speech intelligibility.

Stereo

True stereophonic sound systems have two independent audio signal channels, and the signals that are reproduced have a specific level and phase relationship to each other so that when played back through a suitable reproduction system, there will be an apparent image of the original sound source. Stereo would be a requirement if there is a need to replicate the aural perspective and localization of instruments on a stage or platform, a very common requirement in performing arts centres.

This also means that a mono signal that is panned somewhere between the two channels does not have the requisite phase information to be a true stereophonic signal, although there can be a level difference between the two channels that simulates a position difference, this is a simulation only. That's a discussion that could warrant a couple of web pages all by itself.

An additional requirement of the stereo playback system is that the entire listening area must have equal coverage of both the left and right channels, at essentially equal levels. This is why your home stereo system has a "sweet spot" between the two loudspeakers, where the level differences and arrival time differences are small enough that the stereo image and localization are both maintained. This sweet spot is limited to a fairly small area between the two loudspeakers and when a listener is outside that area, the image collapses and only one or the other channel is heard. Living with this sweet spot in your living room may be OK, since you can put your couch there, but in a larger venue, like a church sanctuary or theatre auditorium, that sweet spot might only include 1/3 the audience, leaving 2/3 of the audience wondering why they only hear half the program.

In addition a stereo playback system must have the correct absolute phase response input to output for both channels. This means that a signal with a positive pressure waveform at the input to the system must have the same positive pressure waveform at the output of the system. So a drum, for instance, when struck produces a positive pressure waveform at the microphone and should produce a positive pressure waveform in the listening room. If you don't believe that this makes a tremendous difference, try reversing the polarity of both your hifi loudspeakers some day and listening to a source that has a strong centre sound image like a solo voice. When the absolute polarity is flipped the wrong way, you won't find a stable centre channel image, it will wander around away from the centre, localizing out at both the loudspeakers.

Reactions: DJBhardwaj

pauloavelar

Dec 12, 2011
I'm having this problem on beta4: the power menu (restart, shutdown, etc.) Is almost impossible to use. Screen shuts down 98 percent of the time. And my power button is not faulty, it never happened on stock rom.

Maybe this fix is not as good as you'd expect, but MAYBE you can avoid it keeping power button pressed longer. Don't release it as soon as the power menu shows up, just keep for an extra second. It's not tested for KANG version, but it worked for me on other roms with similar problems.

Reactions: Lt.Win

ShawnnKushh

Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta, GA
sorry if this question seems stupid to you but just to clear something up, is the download link for beta4 on the page no the exact same file that was available about 3 days ago or is this some new beta4? and if it is where can i get this new beta everyone is testing?

thanks but i was slightly confused and i didnt want to use my black ops bandwidth to download the same file again during an intermission

Edit:disregard that, as someone said before my intelligent cache failed me=p i found it, downloading now=D
also, keep up the great work everyone

Last edited:

Lt.Win

Aug 20, 2011
Mumbai
sorry if this question seems stupid to you but just to clear something up, is the download link for beta4 on the page no the exact same file that was available about 3 days ago or is this some new beta4? and if it is where can i get this new beta everyone is testing?

thanks but i was slightly confused and i didnt want to use my black ops bandwidth to download the same file again during an intermission

the new version is the kang test version, its below the beta 4 download link.

Lt.Win

Aug 20, 2011
Mumbai
Maybe this fix is not as good as you'd expect, but MAYBE you can avoid it keeping power button pressed longer. Don't release it as soon as the power menu shows up, just keep for an extra second. It's not tested for KANG version, but it worked for me on other roms with similar problems.

Well, what do you know? This actually works well!! Thanks! I'll try this on the kang version as well.

JerryScript

Mar 17, 2011
Las Vegas

We have the same issue with the power button on the VM670, and I can confirm it seems to be a timeout issue. Holding the power button longer than normal works. Will have to look into the timing test used, compare to CM7, and figure out what the diff is. Should be an easy fix, but will have to be submitted to gerrit, or added to kangs.

ThePresence

May 24, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro

Hold down power button until it vibrates twice.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IT'S TIME TO BRING SOME ICY BISCUITS TO OUR BELOVED OPTIMUS ONE!!!!!!:D

This is cyanogenmod 9 compiled from source :)

What works:
    • Full HWAcceleration
    • Bluetooth
    • 3D(??????) TESTT ITTTT :))))
    • Sensors( tried accelerometer)
    • Electron Beam OFF
    • Audio
    • GPS(????)
    • GSM
    • JIT
    • Offline charging
    • Another thing that i forgot now :)
    • USB (mass storage switch doesn't work flash superuser to resolve it next release i will try to resolve it natively :))
    • TOUCHSCREEN!!!! big thanks to arjien that pointed me to that patch :)
    • Another thing that i don't remember now :p
    • Screenshots
    • Had the time to patch system to work with all recoveries (no more asserts problem)
    • Fixed data
    • Fixed wifi
    • Fixed hardware lights
    • FIxed brightness settings
    • Fixed google sync (but with gmail you can't see email for the same reason for the browser
    • Fixed market
    • Overclockabkle
    • Browser
    • Gmail
    • Can browser internet with opera
    • Fixed native usb (UMS still doesn't work anyway)
    • Another thing that i don't remember :p

What doesn't works:

• Camera
    • and other things :)

in other words a fully functionally rom!:D

THIS ROM IS ONLY FOR DEVS AND IS NOT SUITABLE FOR A DAILY USE!!!!!ROM WILL BE ONLY NEW BASEBAND 'CAUSE CYANOGENMOD SUPPORT IT NATIVELY!IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM WITH F***G ASSERTS PROBLEM REINSTALL BUGGY CLOCKWORKMOD 5.0.2.7 VIA ROM MANAGER

HERE THE DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?baf1hv6ebr813zz

Funny-sim version: http://www.mediafire.com/?r546oasa6vyksh0 (HIGH RISK!!! I DON'T KNOW IF IT WORK OR BOOT 'CAUSE I DON'T HAVE DATA PROBLEMS!!!TEST IT AND LET ME KNOW!!BASED ON GINGERBREAD CODE!!!)

TESTING KANG VERSION : http://www.mediafire.com/?dacmafj39csh7mj

Sources :http://github.com/lupohirp

CHANGELOG

BETA 2
    • BATTERY DRAIN FIXED
    • ADDED APEX LAUNCHER INSTEAD OF TREBUCHET 'CAUSE IS LIGHTER AND MORE SMOOTHER
    • LATEST CM SOURCES
    • DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE NAME BETATESTING IS BETA2

BETA3
    • FULL OPENGL RENDERING
    • MIC FIXED (TESTED WITH MY GIRL :D)
    • ENABLED GENLOCK SUPPORT IN KERNEL FOR CAMERA (?)
    • CPU SET ON BOOT FIXED (WAS MY FAULT)

BETA4
    • Fixed v8 virtual machine7
    • Fixed youtube
    • Fixed facebook sync
    • Camera partially working (we can take pictures but we have no preview)
    • improved stability (had no freezes anymore)

PLEASE STOP TO ASKING TO DEVELOP FOR NEXUS ONE!!!IF YOU WANT THAT I DEVELOP FOR THIS DONATE ME ONE!:)

HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THANKS TO MY DONATORS!!!!!

Hope that we bring stable cyanogenmod 9......and let me say something: ICS is beautiful!

THANKS TO:
    • Andy572
    • Arjen
    • Bytecode
    • Adfad666

Without them and their precious advices/sources this couldn't be possibile!

IF YOU LIKE MY WORK PLEASE DONATE ME A BEER :)
    Okay everybody, good news!
    Camera is working!!! We can take pictures soon :D
    Already send some info to Lupo.
    Cleaning up my code now so I can upload it to GitHub.
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha i did itttttt!!!!we have full opengl hardware acceleration guys!!!!!!!!i'm so happyy!!!!!!!realllyyyy!!!!!wowwwwww!!!!!!so happyyyy!!!
    sorry guys for offline i've been five days not at home and i'm returning...tomorrow i will resume the work!!!:)

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA
    ok building with latest cm sources + a fix for facebook sync + a fix for system partition to get more space....if all goes good i will release beta4 :) after that development will be stopped for 1-2 day but only for one reason: i want to make this official as i received an offer to make this official also to become cm-member :) and i need 1-2 days to rebase my work on official cm-sources (also use cm-kernel with genlock,kgsl and KSM(new memory feature of ICS))...i'm using totally cm code so....it is a gift that i want to give you for helpin me a lot with moeny problems guys....hope that i will can do this :)