Mar 26 Mediapad ICS 4.0.3 Official RC ?

Search This thread

WingCero

Aug 4, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Finally took the time out to update to the latest mediaPad build.

Yup, now this baby is running at 60fps.
Another thing is my apps began to redownload from the Android Market/Google Play
automatically. Best update experience I've had on any device so far. Love this thing.

Hopefully sometime next year Huawei will introduce a newer version with a slimmer chassis, IPS2 panel, bigger battery, IR blaster, and a up to date (market wise) processor.

Edit: Just noticed it didn't redownload facebook messenger, and
possibly other apps as well.

Last edited:

ldloh2

Jan 29, 2010
New ICS caused my Pad headphone work funny

Hi, upgraded to ICS B010 but when plugged in headphone, the sound will come out from both the headphone and the Pad build-in speakers. Very funny. I've also reloaded B010SP3, same thing happened. When I reloaded back to the old Android 3.2, headphone back to normal. Anyone encounter the same problem or has any solution ? Thanks.

rurou

Nov 28, 2008
Hi, upgraded to ICS B010 but when plugged in headphone, the sound will come out from both the headphone and the Pad build-in speakers. Very funny. I've also reloaded B010SP3, same thing happened. When I reloaded back to the old Android 3.2, headphone back to normal. Anyone encounter the same problem or has any solution ? Thanks.

Nope. Working perfectly here.

MikhailM1

Jul 3, 2011

How do you guys manage to download B010? I can find the Chinese (?) site via the German one, but do not manage to register on it (does not display the code to enter) or to download the zip file. No English language version I can find. Any suggestions?

WingCero

Aug 4, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
A page or two back I linked to where you can go to get the file. I didn't have to register to download it.

Sent from my HUAWEI MediaPad using XDA

comec

Feb 22, 2008
Frankfurt

cruton

Oct 30, 2007
Last edited:

MikhailM1

Jul 3, 2011
Here's the link to htc-developers. There is a complete rooted Version to download...(with big thx to ds7005 from android-hilfe.de) ;)

http://www.htc-developers.de/viewtopic.php?f=551&t=9202

Many thanks, comec. sorry about delay in responding. Been travelling and had not checked until today. Will download, when I get back home to UK.

EDIT 1: Now installed the B010 and so far it is great. It installed without a hitch, my apps downloaded automatically, everything appears to be working well. Thanks again, comec!

EDIT 2 - Everytime I boot, I get a message that Aldiko has unfortunately stopped. As I do not use it, it is not a problem, but still a bit annoying. Has anyone else encountered this?

EDIT 3 - Aldiko problem solved by updating the app from the Market.

Last edited:

MikhailM1

Jul 3, 2011
Official Huawei MediaPad ICS firmware available now from Huawei's offical web site: http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwi...=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDU1MTA=

The version is S7-301u_FIRMWARE_android4.0_C232B002_General_Channel_05010YBX.zip.
On the site it is dated 28.04.2012 - do not know, if it is newer than the B010, for which the link was given above by comec.

Edit: Installed this rom - installation went smoothly and it immediately connected to my 3G network and then downloaded all my previously installed apps. So far, very smooth and fast.

Last edited:

MikhailM1

Jul 3, 2011
SD Not seen by PC

Hi, everyone. Has anyone else had a problem that the SD card is not seen by the PC using the ICS rom (B008, B010, or indeed the official rom from the Huawei site?
I connect the Mediapad via the USB cable, and with the USB Debugging On or OFF I see the main in-built memory of the tablet, but can not get to see and use the SD card. Tried un-mounting and re-mounting the SD, but with no effect. Any ideas?

rurou

Nov 28, 2008
Hi, everyone. Has anyone else had a problem that the SD card is not seen by the PC using the ICS rom (B008, B010, or indeed the official rom from the Huawei site?
I connect the Mediapad via the USB cable, and with the USB Debugging On or OFF I see the main in-built memory of the tablet, but can not get to see and use the SD card. Tried un-mounting and re-mounting the SD, but with no effect. Any ideas?

Have you tried to go to settings - storage - options - USB computer connection? If not, go to there and choose one of the options (I prefer MTP).

Reactions: MikhailM1

MikhailM1

Jul 3, 2011
Have you tried to go to settings - storage - options - USB computer connection? If not, go to there and choose one of the options (I prefer MTP).

Thank you, rurou. That has done it. Did not come across this setting in the other ICS roms on other devices (Desire HD and Advent Vega)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First time posting........ here is the International Version of latest ICS 4.0.3 RC released on Mar 26: S7-301u_V100R002C002B008

Huawei did an excellent job in tunning ICS, it is very fast, stable and incorporates some of the latest features! Here's the download link!

S7-301u_V100R002C002B008
    http://www.uploadstation.com/file/GXPgCZF/S7-301u_Intl_V100R002C002B008.rar

Latest One Key root for Mediapad
    http://www.uploadstation.com/file/gX69WT8/4.0_One_Key_root.rar

Flash method : Unzip the downloaded .rar file and place the "dload" folder on the root of the SDCARD, reboot and whala~~ enjoy

Note: I am not responsiblt if you somehow screw up your device!!!
    Try to enable/disable Plane-Mode. It should work then. Here WLAN and 3G just works finde.
    Well, I am not a developer so can't really help solving ur issue, but did you try to factory reset and reboot after the flash? Everything seems working fine on my deivce!!

For the root, connect the device to PC, extract the .rar file, copy the folder under C:\ and run the .bat file "TPSparkyRoot", it should run itself automatically!
    Question 2: If I insert a AT&T sim card into this devices that's still running the T-Mobile rom, will I be locked from using AT&T's 3G? I'm pretty certain the Springboard has the frequency support necessary to run on AT&T's 3G.
    If you insert an AT&T SIM you will get prompted for an unlock code, and won't be able to use on AT&T without it. If you have been a t-mobile customer for 60 days you can request the code from them. I have only been a customer for 30 days so haven't been able to get a code and verify operation on AT&T.
    Will updating from a previous international Mediapad rom wipe the device?

Yep it sure will.