★ [N900V] [KitKat] [NC2 Firmware/Bootloader] [NC4 Modem/Recovery] [Boot Loop Fix] ★

Search This thread

hsbadr

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 18, 2014
★ [N900V] [KitKat] [NC2 Firmware/Bootloader] [NC4 Modem/Recovery] [Boot Loop Fix] ★

This is a part of JasmineROM. It fixes the boot loop issue when entering (rebooting to) recovery on NC2 and upgrades the modem and recovery to NC4. Sure, by flashing this file in Odin, you can still roll back to Jelly Bean MJE with all the benefits of the leaked NC2 kernel.

An updated/unified version & instructions can be found here!

Thanks to:
@BeansTown106
@Hashcode

Last edited:

hsbadr

May 18, 2014
I'm going to be without a laptop for a week. Anyone try this that can leave some feedback? Thank you!

<Note3>

I confirm that this works better than the NC2 modem––for me. The firmware file provided by @BeansTown106 doesn't include NC2 recovery, and that's why entering recovery fails resulting in a boot loop. You can fix the boot loop issue by just flashing the NC2 recovery. However, the linked file here includes upgraded NC4 recovery and modem together with the NC2 firmware/bootloader.

The only issue I had when flashing the NC4 modem is incorrect lockscreen PIN code. So, you may need to set the lockscreen to "swipe" before flashing and change it later. At any time, you can roll back to the NC2 package by flashing @BeansTown106 firmware file. You can also roll back to JB MJE if you wish––or for root/disaster recovery.

Anyway, I tried this several times before posting. I'm a developer in another field, but I wanted to say thanks to the great XDA community by posting something useful (it's my 1st post).

Fixing to try on the nc2 bootloader. running hyperdrive kk. Curious as to what I should wipe tho...... or if I just flash via odin

Unset any lockscreen PIN/pattern, reboot to Download Mode, flash via Odin3, reboot to SafeStrap, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot to system, set your lockscreen security, and enjoy!

Last edited:

sfld

Jul 24, 2007
So this is basically like flashing the stripped nc4 modem .tar from the kitkat release? Im on ricks kitkat rom so this wouldn't affect anything else (only give me the newest radio) . The new recovery doesn't really improve anything since we are using safe strap correct?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

hsbadr

May 18, 2014
So this is basically like flashing the stripped nc4 modem .tar from the kitkat release? Im on ricks kitkat rom so this wouldn't affect anything else (only give me the newest radio) . The new recovery doesn't really improve anything since we are using safe strap correct?

Yes, but... The (new) recovery fixes the boot loop problem when accidentally rebooting to recovery from advanced power menu (for example). The NC2 firmware also gives the option of recovering from other boot loop problems. So, yes, its NC2 firmware/bootloader + NC4 modem + NC4 recovery in one file. You may not need it for now, if you've already flashed the new modem and NC2 recovery (not included in @BeansTown106 file), but it's still useful to have all of them in one small file that can be easily used for upgrading the modem and disaster recovery (e.g., rolling back to MJE for root before upgrading again to NC2).

Reactions: SscoootzZ
G

GuestK00143

I don't think it will hurt anything. I flashed the NC4 modem without issue yesterday but not the one posted here.

hsbadr

May 18, 2014

hsbadr

May 18, 2014
Thank you for this. I would hit your thanks button but I used all my thanks up for the day. I wish XDA would allow more than 8 thanks per day.

No problem! You're welcome.

I've also prepared files for rooted NC4 ROM + firmware, but I don't like to post them because NC4 bootloader is incremented. So, you can get fully rooted NC4 ROM, but at any major problem, you'll lose root and there's noway to roll back to MJE. Thanks to @Hashcode for the PSA at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2727876.

Reactions: acdnykon

RageSalamando

Oct 30, 2009
Just for clarification

Thanks for the files! Just to be clear, what steps should I take if I'm already on the ROM that Beanstown posted? Just flash in Odin? That shouldn't wipe anything, correct?

Last edited:

hsbadr

May 18, 2014
Thanks for the files! Just to be clear, what steps should I take if I'm already on the ROM that Beanstown posted? Just flash in Odin? That shouldn't wipe anything, correct?

Just flashing in Odin is enough, but it's recommended to unset any lockscreen security before flashing and wipe cache/dalvik then. Here's the recommended steps:

1. unset any lockscreen PIN/pattern
2. reboot to Download Mode
3. flash via Odin3
4. reboot to SafeStrap
5. wipe cache/dalvik
6. reboot to system
7. set your lockscreen security

This is recommended only if you installed Xposed modules and modified the lockscreen behaviour. Otherwise, just flash via Odin3!

Nemo_Eht

Jul 1, 2012
What would be the benefit of having the NC2 firmware over the NC4? I can understand the NC2 bootloader, but is there a difference with the firmware?

manatti

Mar 20, 2009
I am sorry if I am misunderstanding but if I'm on nc2 and flashed only the modem nc4 from Droid forums that means I can't roll back to mje?i haven't tried it and I haven't had issued just curious I'm happy where I am as I'm rooted still on nc2 with my mobile Hotspot and unlimited data so I couldn't be happier u just want to know if I'm going to have the option to roll back to me modem if I wanted to

I think I was reading this as the firmware not the radio sorry ignore my question long day at work and my brain is jello
Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is a part of JasmineROM. It fixes the boot loop issue when entering (rebooting to) recovery on NC2 and upgrades the modem and recovery to NC4. Sure, by flashing this file in Odin, you can still roll back to Jelly Bean MJE with all the benefits of the leaked NC2 kernel.

An updated/unified version & instructions can be found here!

Thanks to:
    @BeansTown106
    @Hashcode
    I don't think it will hurt anything. I flashed the NC4 modem without issue yesterday but not the one posted here.

Yes,it won't hurt anything. It'll upgrade the modem and fix the recovery boot loop issue. It also replaces the firmware file in @BeansTown106 post at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726558.
    I'm going to be without a laptop for a week. Anyone try this that can leave some feedback? Thank you!

<Note3>

I confirm that this works better than the NC2 modem––for me. The firmware file provided by @BeansTown106 doesn't include NC2 recovery, and that's why entering recovery fails resulting in a boot loop. You can fix the boot loop issue by just flashing the NC2 recovery. However, the linked file here includes upgraded NC4 recovery and modem together with the NC2 firmware/bootloader.

The only issue I had when flashing the NC4 modem is incorrect lockscreen PIN code. So, you may need to set the lockscreen to "swipe" before flashing and change it later. At any time, you can roll back to the NC2 package by flashing @BeansTown106 firmware file. You can also roll back to JB MJE if you wish––or for root/disaster recovery.

Anyway, I tried this several times before posting. I'm a developer in another field, but I wanted to say thanks to the great XDA community by posting something useful (it's my 1st post).

Fixing to try on the nc2 bootloader. running hyperdrive kk. Curious as to what I should wipe tho...... or if I just flash via odin

Unset any lockscreen PIN/pattern, reboot to Download Mode, flash via Odin3, reboot to SafeStrap, wipe cache/dalvik, reboot to system, set your lockscreen security, and enjoy!

Yes, but... The (new) recovery fixes the boot loop problem when accidentally rebooting to recovery from advanced power menu (for example). The NC2 firmware also gives the option of recovering from other boot loop problems. So, yes, its NC2 firmware/bootloader + NC4 modem + NC4 recovery in one file. You may not need it for now, if you've already flashed the new modem and NC2 recovery (not included in @BeansTown106 file), but it's still useful to have all of them in one small file that can be easily used for upgrading the modem and disaster recovery (e.g., rolling back to MJE for root before upgrading again to NC2).
    Thank you for this. I would hit your thanks button but I used all my thanks up for the day. I wish XDA would allow more than 8 thanks per day.

No problem! You're welcome.

I've also prepared files for rooted NC4 ROM + firmware, but I don't like to post them because NC4 bootloader is incremented. So, you can get fully rooted NC4 ROM, but at any major problem, you'll lose root and there's noway to roll back to MJE. Thanks to @Hashcode for the PSA at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2727876.