[Q] Fingerprint doesn't recognise my fingerprint and forgot my password..

Search This thread

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
Long story short...i setup a fingerprint a few weeks back, didnt use it for a while and now I want to delete it.
Except now my phone refuses to recognise my fingerprint no matter which way i swipe it...
on top of that i'm retarded and forgot the alternate password too.

Is factory resetting the only way?

EDIT: Fingerprint is not set as my passcode, I just have it registered. My passcode is a separate PIN code.

Last edited:

z89x23

Dec 28, 2012
Limassol
Long story short...i setup a fingerprint a few weeks back, didnt use it for a while and now I want to delete it.
Except now my phone refuses to recognise my fingerprint no matter which way i swipe it...
on top of that i'm retarded and forgot the alternate password too.

Is factory resetting the only way?

hi if you swipe your finger many times unsuccessful it gives you an other option..

unlock via Google.. use your Google account to unlock..

i hope this helps :eek:

Hellscythe

Sep 8, 2012
straya kienttt
hi if you swipe your finger many times unsuccessful it gives you an other option..

Oh thanks, I don't mean I can't get into my phone.
I have a separate PIN code set as my passcode and I have a fingerprint that is registered that I want to delete, but to delete the fingerprint I need the alternate password, which i have forgotten lol. When I swipe it many times and it fails, it just asks me for the alternate password.

Reactions: mxter

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
I have a separate PIN code set as my passcode and I have a fingerprint that is registered that I want to delete, but to delete the fingerprint I need the alternate password, which i have forgotten lol. When I swipe it many times and it fails, it just asks me for the alternate password.

Only way I can think of is if you have a custom recovery installed enter it and factory reset or something.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Hellscythe

z89x23

Dec 28, 2012
Limassol

Oh i see what you mean now.. :)

for now all i can think of is factory reset.. will try to find out..

Thanx

Update: I found this. But i dont know if this also removes the alternative password.. i just located my phone but i cant check anything else
cause im at work.. need my phone.. :D

go online to android device manager log in with your google log in wait till it locates your phone u then click to lock your device it asks you for a new password. It over rides whatever password or lock feature u have on it. Then you get phone type the new password and boom problem solved.

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

Last edited:
Reactions: DeanonZL

snovvman

Jun 6, 2008
Be advised--if you have registered fingerprints, perform a full/data Nandroid, and later restore, your fingerprints and alternate password may no longer work. The effect is the same as what the OP experienced. It seems like the only way to resolve the issue at this time is to reset.

This problem also affects the Note 4 and Edge. See thread here:
http://xdaforums.com/note-4/help/bad-suprise-fingerprint-scanner-twrp-t2933878
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57807973&postcount=15

I am offering in the general Q/A forum $25 for anyone who comes up with a method to wipe/clear/delete the fingerprint registration when the registered fingerprints and alternate/backup passwords don't work.

The thread is here:
http://xdaforums.com/general/general/25-via-paypal-to-1st-person-helps-reset-t2988027

Reactions: mxter

BelAddams

Jun 27, 2013
A friend of mine is in real trouble. She bought her s5 for christmas and travelled. She took amazing photos and made National Geographic material videos, including of melting glaciers. when she was on a cruise for the new year, the phone locked her out due to the fingertip lock. The worse part: She wasn´t using it, when she got it from her coat pocket it was already locked. When she went to the Samsung store they told her to do a Hard Reset since the option to unblock with the google id wasn´t appearing. Before I found out that maybe she could´ve tried to unlock with samsumg lost my phone or google remote she did the reset and lost all her stuff. Tried 3 different recovery apps and all of them requires rooting. Not only we´re not confident enough, she wants to return it to Samsung and rooting voids the warranty. Is there any other way?
I even thought about taking the phone to a computer assistance to see if they can do something

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Only way I can think of is if you have a custom recovery installed enter it and factory reset or something.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Oh i see what you mean now.. :)

for now all i can think of is factory reset.. will try to find out..

Thanx

Update: I found this. But i dont know if this also removes the alternative password.. i just located my phone but i cant check anything else
    cause im at work.. need my phone.. :D

go online to android device manager log in with your google log in wait till it locates your phone u then click to lock your device it asks you for a new password. It over rides whatever password or lock feature u have on it. Then you get phone type the new password and boom problem solved.

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
    Be advised--if you have registered fingerprints, perform a full/data Nandroid, and later restore, your fingerprints and alternate password may no longer work. The effect is the same as what the OP experienced. It seems like the only way to resolve the issue at this time is to reset.

This problem also affects the Note 4 and Edge. See thread here:
    http://xdaforums.com/note-4/help/bad-suprise-fingerprint-scanner-twrp-t2933878
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57807973&postcount=15

I am offering in the general Q/A forum $25 for anyone who comes up with a method to wipe/clear/delete the fingerprint registration when the registered fingerprints and alternate/backup passwords don't work.

The thread is here:
    http://xdaforums.com/general/general/25-via-paypal-to-1st-person-helps-reset-t2988027