[RELEASE] [05-09-12] Gummy 1.2.0 - The Chronicles of Nyania

Search This thread

shimmishim

Dec 22, 2011
Knoxville
Did you do a restore with TB? I found that one of the system data files was causing my bars to gray out even though google mail and apps were syncing fine.

I did a full wipe, installed 0.4.7 (at the time), installed gapp, and then got back into the os. Installed TB and restored all my apps minus the system data. Then I only restored the necessary system data like contacts, existing texts, etc... and that seemed to have fixed my problem. When I did a full restore (system data + apps) it grayed out my 4G bars.

So is there a fix for this? I cleared cache and dalvik, do i need to do that AND reflash 5.0?

Please help because wifi and data are always gray and i am not getting synced to Gmail (no notifications). Google data updates, when i go into an app, but no notifications, etc.

thanks,
bv

EDIT: Or not. Maybe it is Nova Launcher? Any help would be appreciated.

piperat

Oct 31, 2010
Indianapolis
notice the SystemUI tweaks in the next release coming as early as tomorrow ;)

screenshot2012011223271.png

That is an awesome addition. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
notice the SystemUI tweaks in the next release coming as early as tomorrow ;)

screenshot2012011223271.png

I'm excited about these options! Would you ever consider the gingerbread CM stlye battery mod? (The bar with percentages next to it) can't wait
Edit I feel like an idiot because that's exactly what the pic shows, that's my favourite battery mod of all time!

Last edited:

killjoylm1

Oct 13, 2010
If you could make an App similar to Franco's where you purchase an App for easier download and install your ROM for $2-$5. Everyone would buys it and I think that you have reached the level where you need an official app. I don't know if you can about this idea or not, but it would be sweet. You're an awesome developer and have always put out quality stuff. I could never use your ROMs on the Charge because of the static I always got, but it had to of been my stupid charge. Good job man, looking forward to what you have coming out next :) Donation coming your way right now...think about the app idea.

Last edited:

PLeM3Boosted

Dec 27, 2011
Upgrading from 0.4.8 to 0.5.0

Sorry for the newb question- I recently installed version 0.4.8 and was wondering what is the best way to install to 0.5.0 without having to re-arrange my desktop again with all my widgets. Will I have to do that if I go through the install procedure and wipe data in CWM?

I know Titanium Backup can backup/restore your apps+system data but it can't backup what I have on my desktop. I know if I use launcher programs I can back it up but I prefer to use the AOSP version. Any help would be appreciated!

BTW- keep up the great work. I have donated!!

EyeOfTruth

Jul 16, 2008
Sorry for the newb question- I recently installed version 0.4.8 and was wondering what is the best way to install to 0.5.0 without having to re-arrange my desktop again with all my widgets. Will I have to do that if I go through the install procedure and wipe data in CWM?

I know Titanium Backup can backup/restore your apps+system data but it can't backup what I have on my desktop. I know if I use launcher programs I can back it up but I prefer to use the AOSP version. Any help would be appreciated!

BTW- keep up the great work. I have donated!!

You can just install 0.5.0 over 0.4.8 no reason to format. I always clear cache when I do a upgrade.

Reactions: PLeM3Boosted

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
Go in recovery wipe both caches flash the rom then flash Google apps
You'll have to reflash Google apps because the script from the rom will format the system and well Google apps are system apps

Reactions: PLeM3Boosted

yyhd

Apr 2, 2011
California
Oh man...I didn't even realize kejar got a Gnex. He was AMAZING for the Droid Charge community. Hmm...now I'm thinking I really must pick up a Gnex.

Sent from my iPad 2 3G using Tapatalk

Imaulle

Jul 9, 2010
I'm still unable to hold a 4G connection. It keeps falling back to 3G :( Was I supposed to flash a radio or anything when I went from stock to 0.5.0 ?

I unlocked the bootloader, flashed CWM, cleared data from CWM, then installed 0.5.0 + gapps from CWM. Did I skip a step somewhere?

ihyln

Dec 29, 2009
My only issue with .5 is liberty launcher. While its nice I can remove the search bar the space is still unusable. Then I had problems with novalauncher crashing. So I reverted back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Juvenall

Apr 27, 2011
#!/usr/bin/Detroit
plus.google.com
My only issue with .5 is liberty launcher. While its nice I can remove the search bar the space is still unusable. Then I had problems with novalauncher crashing. So I reverted back

In regards to Nova Launcher, I had the same problems when I went with the "standard" apk install. Once I used the .zip and flashed it in CWM, my problems went away. Give that a shot if you haven't already.

Reactions: ihyln

JeffR714

Mar 25, 2010
Philadelphia Pa
I've been running Gummy rom since I got my Galaxy Nexus and have had no problems I guess I'm lucky the only problem is the same all of us have and that's battery probs. His rom has run perfect for me and it seems like its gotten better with each update I wanted to find one good rom and stick with it I've done the switching back and forth flashing everything and its become old. This rom is a excellent piece of work and I'm happy with the way it runs

drick520

Oct 18, 2010
auto rotate

Several times my auto rotate setting under display gets unchecked and I have to go back in and recheck it. Is this a bug or am I hitting some button combination on the outside that disables it?

hogowner

Jul 13, 2010
NYC #1
Several times my auto rotate setting under display gets unchecked and I have to go back in and recheck it. Is this a bug or am I hitting some button combination on the outside that disables it?

Sometimes happens to me also.....not sure if I am pressing combos of buttons also......very very minor bug........just reporting it also :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gummylogo.png

Team Gummy

Kejar31 - Primary Developer and Project lead
    Syaoran12 - Primary Developer and Project lead
    Jrummy16 – Primary Developer (part time)
    Sixstringsg - Developer
    X13thanglex - Developer and Moto Maintainer
    Stevespear426 - Developer
    pauljohnson75 - Developer[
    Mobile_Sensei - Developer and Artwork
    Imoseyon - Kernel Dev
    TKGlitch - Kernel Dev
    PoiTEE - Forum Support Guru
    Daank - Wallpapers and Artwork

Features

Android AOSP 4.0.4 Based (neither CM nor AOKP we built this from the ground up)

General UI
    • 180 Rotation - CM
    • Longpress Back Button to kill apps - CM
    • Volume options – Gummy original
    • Unlink notifications Volume – Gummy original
    • Statusbar Brightness – CM
    • Turn on/off Boot animations – Gummy original
    • Turn on/off Boot animation sounds – Gummy original
    System UI
    • Hide Alarm – Gummy original
    • Date opens Calendar – Gummy original
    • Statusbar color – Gummy original
    • Notification Transparency and color – Gummy original
    • Clock Style – XoomDev
    • AM / PM – XoomDev
    • Clock color – Gummy original
    • Battery Type – XoomDev
    • Battery Text and color – Gummy original
    • Battery Bar and color – AOKP
    • Custom carrier text and color – Gummy original
    • Pull Down Carrier text and color – Gummy original
    Softkey Settings – AOKP
    Power Widgets – CM
    Lockscreen Styles
    • All available styles were ported to ICS By Team Gummy
    • Camera/Sound picker – Gummy original
    Lockscreen settings
    • Lockscreen Battery % - Gummy original
    • Volume rocker wake – CM
    • Volume rocker skip music – CM
    • Music widget Revamped ICS – Gummy original
    • Locskcreen before Unlock – Gummy original
    • Quick Password unlock – CM
    • SMS Text, Popup and color – Gummy original
    LED Settings – AOKP
    Themes – CM
    Performance – Gummy original (everything in here was from us)
    • CPU frequency
    • Voltage Control
    • Start-Up tweaks
    • Free Memory
    Boot animation sound – Team Bamf
    Faster rotation animation – Gummy original
    Inline Kernel - CM
    All Builds are run thought PNG crunch - CM

Third Party apps (closed source) ..
    • APEX Launcher – Android Does
    • ROM Toolbox – Jrummy16
    • Root Browser – Jrummy16
    Third Party apps (open source)…
    • AppWIdgetPicker – boombuler
    • Superuser and SU binary – ChainsDD
    • OI FileManager
    • Term – Jackpal
    • BusyBox
    CM Based Apps
    • T9 Dialer
    • Quiet Hours
    • Automatic Backlights
    • Tmobile Theme Manager

Source

ROM - Team Gummy Github

Kernels - for all inline kernels

Tuna - Credit Imoseyon
    Crespo - Credit CM
    Otter - Credit Hashcode
    Stingray - Credit CM
    Aries - Credit Glitch
    TF201 - Credit Team EOS and

New Features

Full list of new features can be found here
    <7.6
    Removed to save space

Release Notes and Instructions

Download a zip file listed below
    Flash your zip file with a recovery
    Always install Gapps with all our builds Gapps can be found here

**No one in Team Gummy is to be held liable or responsible for the breaking of your device(s)**

Known Issues
    none

Release

Find your device in the official release thread

Support
    Some features only apply to phones and some to tablets so your device may not have them all
    Support Team Gummy... We are only able to do so much as we are a small team
    If you want new devices supported please help us out by either joining the team (as a developer for that device) or donate.. Donations can be found within the about team gummy section on your device.
    Hello...

EXCUSE ME, BUT THIS HAS GONE toooo FAR. Your, sir are a ROOT user. Do you notice how superuser pops up occasionally asking for your permission to grant yourself the rights to make modifications to the phone that CAN AND WILL potentially alter the system. No one is pooping their pants about their iPhones because no one let them out of their cage. NO ONE FORCED YOU To ROOT YOUR PHONE. The galaxy nexus is one of the BEST android phones to leave stock. The stock locked 402 (hopefully soon to be 405 ota) image is what a user like yourself should be on...Us developers essentially are giving you all the tools to either make your phones WAY sweeter, or break them. Nonetheless, almost all of the teams are open source (including gummy) and you could've reviewed ALL of the code, (even modified it to fix any bugs you might find...like say an alarm clock hotboot bug) and deemed this ROM not fit to your high standards of a ROM that can do everything and still not hiccup after your done !@#*(& it. If this same problem were to happen on your iPhone...GUESS WHAT? YOUD BE TWIRLING YOUR THUMBS UNTIL APPLE PUSHED AN OTA (which may or may not have addressed your issue) As opposed to android users like ourselves who, when facing a problem, take matters in their own hand, understand that they played their part in making the module crash or loading software that wash't phone ready and then they look for ways to FIX IT. Stop whining about the absence of some impossible utopia....Oh, and lastly, show some RESPECT to the people who bust their asses everyday trying to IMPROVE your user experience and stability aswell as performance FOR FREE, next time, instead of whining. Howbout you learn yourself some basic ADB and logcat the issue, go on their git, comment on the files that need fixing, AND CONTRIBUTE, instead of being yet another idle complainer. Much love from your friendly dev -nocoast
    New release will be out tomorrow.. Although if you know where to look you may be able to find it now :p (hint-goo)

Would release tonight just to much other stuff to do and I dont have time to put the change-log together
    New update is finally available :p see the change log and enjoy!

Oh and BTW if you want to use the 4.0.4 gapps you will need to wipe data, sorry... But hey if you dont want to wipe data you can still use the 4.0.3 gapps :p
    http://droidmodderx.com/galaxynexus/archives/378

this wouldn't work? ive seen people at least flashing the updated radios.

whats the difference between the leaked and OTA version? don't they install the same thing?

I have seen this asked in many forums, so I am going to do my best to clear it up here. The 4.0.4 which is out right now is 99% most likely to be a "soak test" for just a few select phones, released by Verizon. This does not mean that Google has officially released the source. Now you need to understand the two different types of roms: those built from AOSP source and those built from official Verizon OTA. AOSP source roms work by syncing a build repository with Google's source directly (has nothing to do with Verizon). A Verizon OTA rom is built from an image grabbed from a phone which has received the update from Verizon (what we are seeing now).

How does any of this relate to GummyNex? Well this rom is built from AOSP source, meaning that they are 100% unable to update until Google officially releases the source. So even if Verizon pushes 4.0.4 to all phones, it does not necessarily mean that Google will release at the same time. They can't just pull an OTA update into their sync and update it, just doesn't work that way.

I hope this clears up any confusion and answers questions as to when a full 4.0.4 update will be released. Just remember that it is up to Google first, not the developers.