Obtaining unlock token

Search This thread

Joshlarr

Jul 24, 2013
Hi all! I have a bit of time on my hands and seeing as my phone has been stupidly slow recently, I thought installing a custom rom would be a good idea.

I've read up on it a little (although probably still not enough) and have started by trying to root my Desire HD. I've been using the 'Easy Unlock Tool' to try and get it to s-off but every time I run it, I get stuck at "obtaining unlock token"

Where is it that I'm going wrong?

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
Easy Unlock Tool doesn't S-Off your phone or root your phone or flash a custom recovery. It merely unlocks your bootloader. Easy Ace Root Tool unlocks your bootloader, roots your phone, and flashes a custom recovery. But it also doesn't S-Off your phone.

Joshlarr

Jul 24, 2013
Ah right, well it seems getting my device to be S-OFF isn't easy. Is it actually required to be able to install and run custom roms?

If so, what's the easiest way to do it? The only thing I've found is a guide for advanced users

Joshlarr

Jul 24, 2013
Good news, I've managed to unlock my bootloader and root my device!

Now I'm just having trouble installing roms, every one I try seems to get stuck on the HTC screen on startup :(

humzaahmed155

Dec 30, 2011
London
You must flash the boot.img separately in fast boot, press power + vol down to get into hboot, and select Fastboot

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

marknoll

May 13, 2014
how did u manage to unlock bootloader and root ur hd... am failing

Josh...Did u happen to s off it as well? If not, u have to flash ROMs via fastboot. Install ROM on SD card, and using a PC,extract the boot.IMG and flash boot.IMG via fast boot

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk