Alarm Clock Problem ("1 hour 1 minute or 1 minute" flash messages when set)

Search This thread

Jammertech

Oct 2, 2013
When I go to turn on an alarm the flash message that pops up is wrong. If the alarm is under 1 hour is says alarm set for 1 minute, anything at 1 hour or more says 1 hour and 1 minute. The alarm actually goes off at the correct time though. Swiping over to the snooze option when the alarm goes off causes the alarm to force close. When in settings in the alarm I am unable to go to the setting that says "minutes" without a force close. Everything else works in the settings menu.

I have checked to make sure I didn't have any system apps greenified or frozen and done several reboots after adjusting time zones and playing around with manual and auto time/timezones settings.

I cleared the clock app's cache and app data which did something (see image below) but I can't make any sense of it. Seems to me that some coding has been altered in some way but I don't recall messing with anything involving system time or alarms. I'm also not quite sure when this started as last night was the first time I have set my alarm since I have had the phone for about 4 months.

Setting more than an hour.
da6u3y8a.jpg

Less than the hour.
2anapena.jpg

If set for one minute after current time snooze notification pops up.
vedy6azy.jpg

y9agu2y2.jpg

After clearing clock cache and data.
u2agy8y7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jammertech

Oct 2, 2013
My apologies, that last pic is not after the clock app cache and data clear. Here is that picture.

I'm not sure what that text is supposed to actually say but I'm pretty sure it's not that.

3yqetuhu.jpg

Here is the settings menu. I can't access the one that says "minutes" under it without a force close.
I have played with the other settings but nothing has fixed this issue.
dumuhuva.jpg

I'm going to try installing am aftermarket alarm and see what happens.

Jammertech

Oct 2, 2013
Aftermarket alarm works fine, flash messages are correct and snooze works. I haven't seen where this bug is affecting anything else on the phone.

Anyone have any idea what else this might be affecting?

Jammertech

Oct 2, 2013
Fix:

Uninstall Google Clock app, reinstall.

Would have done this earlier but was afraid it would screw something up. It didn't, all is good.

Reactions: PhilipTD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fix:

Uninstall Google Clock app, reinstall.

Would have done this earlier but was afraid it would screw something up. It didn't, all is good.