LG G2 Newbie

Search This thread

PloniAlmoni

Sep 1, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
You can never unlock the bootloader technically but you can bypass its security using Loki though you have to downgrade from kitkat stock in order to do so. As you can see there's a thriving custom ROM community so this doesn't stop anyone, it just makes it more of a hassle initially if you're on KitKat.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Rooting can be done on any ROM but will trigger root detection if you root all the way. Flashing stock will cure that though.

Reactions: KiaTheKing

mohitgalaxy3

Apr 18, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hi guys im planning to buy this phone, can you tell me can i unlock bl on every lg g2 or?
And can you tell me more about rooting unlocking bl etc...Thanks in advice...

Root is available for Kitkat on g2, just root your phone and install autorec app on your phone it will do everything for you.
It will unlock your bootloader, and replace it with old bootloader and also flashed a patched kernel and flash twrp recovery.

Reactions: KiaTheKing

KiaTheKing

Jun 10, 2013
Belgrade
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Root is available for Kitkat on g2, just root your phone and install autorec app on your phone it will do everything for you.
It will unlock your bootloader, and replace it with old bootloader and also flashed a patched kernel and flash twrp recovery.

Wow guys that was so fast :p Thanks for reply, but can i "unlock" bl with loki when im on kk? And if i install autorec it will "unlock" itself or ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can never unlock the bootloader technically but you can bypass its security using Loki though you have to downgrade from kitkat stock in order to do so. As you can see there's a thriving custom ROM community so this doesn't stop anyone, it just makes it more of a hassle initially if you're on KitKat.

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Rooting can be done on any ROM but will trigger root detection if you root all the way. Flashing stock will cure that though.

Hi guys im planning to buy this phone, can you tell me can i unlock bl on every lg g2 or?
    And can you tell me more about rooting unlocking bl etc...Thanks in advice...