COMPLETE guide to BRICK your Truesmart! --{SOLVED!! Unbricked!!}

Search This thread

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
[update 2] I just summarized a way to backup and restore (all based on other great DEV's work, just put in one place) your TS before your play with your TS here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52820278#post52820278

Go check it if you plan to root your TS!

[update] With the help of cheahcl, I got the latest F/W for 4th List 1/8/2100. With the MTK SP_Flash_Tool, I was able to upload a corrected F/W for my TS and everything goes back to normal!

Thanks for cheahcl for his dump and Lokifish Marz for his All in one tools! You guys really saved my day! (and my TS).

A Quick summary: Do NOT use any method on XDA yet to root or change TWRP recovery! It seems the TS of 4th list is different in some way than the ones before which render most of stuffs here invalid. However, fear not to play around since now we have a way to go back to stock!

In my experience, I found that it's really difficult to truly brick a MTK based system. The system will just reject flashing at slightest sign that a F/W is not compatible. The only cache is you need to have the "correct" F/W specifically for your TS!

In my observation, OMate made changes between each delivery. For Example, the 4th list of 1/8/2100 is different in (At least F/W configuration) of the 3rd or earlier 1/8/2100.

------------------------below is my original story of what I tried and failed--------------------------

Just got mine (1/8/2100) 5 hrs ago! I am on the 4th list. The delivery in FAST!

The watch starts normally. I played with it for a while, than decided to root it, install TWRP and apply the security hack made by +Lokifish Marz

Now I have a brick! Just after 30 min I receive the watch!

<<Can anyone help me here?>>

First of all, in respecting to all great DEVs, I have NO intention to blame anyone else but myself. (I did this to my own watch!)

Second, I have been rooting Android since Cupcake day, so I am not a Noob... (or so I think...) I am very familiar with ADB/fastboot... and use almost daily.

So here is the guide to brick. If Anyone have any idea please help me out!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st, I tried to use this tool to root+TWRP+scurity patch http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2713183&page=2 knowing it's NOT tested against 1/8/2100. I just tried anyway... The script went with a lot of errors, it seems the script cannot locate correct files but still push the security patched files into the /system/app (and other places).

I turn on the watch, but it just stuck at boot logo (the orange "Truesmart" logo without animation)

Also, the Recovery is still stock, TWRP is no where to be seen.

Since ADB still works, I adb reboot couple times, pull the battery, let the watch run for 2hrs, etc... Nothing works. The watch just stuck at the boot logo.

Than I follow this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2641261 and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2641261 with Stock firmware downloaded from http://d-h.st/users/Lokifish Marz/?fld_id=30814#files (Omate_1-8_2100_TrueSmart_20140328.zip)

I installed all drivers, restarts my Win 7 (x86) pc (several times), and after several attempts the Flashtool just flash in the Firmware.

The Tools flash with a green Check mark, indicating everything is ok!

However the watch just become a brick after this....

Than this completed the brick process! Now the watch won't even turn on, when I try to use Flash tool again, it always say S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL. Google this and you find it's due to flashing wrong F/W, but I don't know where went wrong!

Anyone else have same problem or it's just me? Anyone have solution?

Last edited:

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
You said everything...
You made mistake but that shouldn't be problem.

You soft brick it using wrong recovery image and root tool but as you said, you had adb and fastboot on - so if you know what are you doing and I see you know (except of that pary of flashing something that's not for your device :p.) you should be able to flash stock firmware back.

If you can flash another firmware, try with other firmware...
Don't know what else to say....

Omate build piece of sh*t and we'll all have problems with it...

It's very hard to differentiate devices.
All of them has same nr on mother boards and, as I said, we will all have problems with Omate and their TrueSh*t...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
You said everything...
You made mistake but that shouldn't be problem.

You soft brick it using wrong recovery image and root tool but as you said, you had adb and fastboot on - so if you know what are you doing and I see you know (except of that pary of flashing something that's not for your device :p.) you should be able to flash stock firmware back.

If you can flash another firmware, try with other firmware...
Don't know what else to say....

Omate build piece of sh*t and we'll all have problems with it...

It's very hard to differentiate devices.
All of them has same nr on mother boards and, as I said, we will all have problems with Omate and their TrueSh*t...

Ha! Very true! I think you are right! I believe Omate have many segmentation on their HW/SW, even with same model number.... A lot of things changes between versions which makes the "factory image" not compatible....

Anyone has the latest (4th list) 1/8/2100 TS who could dump their whole image for me would be helpful...

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I would like to help you but mine is 2nd list and it's still on customs office...

Omate shipment experts, you just gotta love them.... ;)

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Not sure what to tell you on this. A board revision change is possible as the Omate_1-8_2100_TrueSmart_20140328.zip was from a 1/8 2100. I can't even test stuff anymore as I gave one to a tech student that's studying network and system security and the other four were stripped down, reworked into data gathering modules and then donated to near space projects.

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
Not sure what to tell you on this. A board revision change is possible as the Omate_1-8_2100_TrueSmart_20140328.zip was from a 1/8 2100. I can't even test stuff anymore as I gave one to a tech student that's studying network and system security and the other four were stripped down, reworked into data gathering modules and then donated to near space projects.

Thanks Lokifish for your comment... Is there anyway to get a latest F/W? If you know anyone I could contact, please PM me... Thanks!

Anyone have yet received a 1/8/2100 on 4th list could PM me a Factory F/W dump?

I tried another XP PC with all steps checked and rechecked but still... No luck...

cheahcl

Nov 11, 2009
Winnipeg
Teach me how to do a dump and I'll dump it for you. I was also looking how to backup my stock firmware before playing around, seeing as no one has our version of firmware uploaded for restore yet.

Also received mine yesterday and firmware version is 20140513, pretty damn recent.

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
You guys are going to have to help each other out on this one. I've already deleted 90% of any and all Android dev stuff from my personal file server and computer. This includes tools, guides and work going as far back as the original HTC Evo.

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
Teach me how to do a dump and I'll dump it for you. I was also looking how to backup my stock firmware before playing around, seeing as no one has our version of firmware uploaded for restore yet.

Also received mine yesterday and firmware version is 20140513, pretty damn recent.

Thanks a lot! First of all, Currently don't do anything posted on XDA yet since most of them will not work with this version of TS... (This is where I am now...)

First of all, please get all necessary tools directly from this post "All Tools" http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2734687 (Do NOT download or install any other things there!)

Follow those steps: (modified from link above)
1. Download "All Tools"
2. Install Universal ADB Drivers (included in All Tools) <--If you already have ADB up and running, it's not necessarily, then.
3. Enable USB Debugging on watch
4. Launch MTKDroid Tools
5. Connect watch to PC

6. Please follow the instruction from here: http://www.chinaphonearena.com/foru...up-MTK6592-MTK6589-MTK6577-and-all-MTK-Phones
   a. Skip everything above and just starts from "B) Open ADB prompt to begin communication with the phone" .
   b. Don't worry about the recovery thing... TS comes with a recovery which is not locked and you can do everything this article said with only stock recovery. (also no busy box is needed, nor su since TS run everything in root!)
   c. You could also refer to the video guide below for details

7. it's okay to just provide the file you got after finishing the step "C) Read back the ROM with MTK Droid Tools" I should be able to do the Step D) and after myself.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: teddy1602

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
You guys are going to have to help each other out on this one. I've already deleted 90% of any and all Android dev stuff from my personal file server and computer. This includes tools, guides and work going as far back as the original HTC Evo.

Dear Lokifish,

Could you please still keep those tools on the host servers so people can still access them? (Like "All tools", etc.) Please...... :) (I need a emoticon of a small kitten with big eyes here...)

Thanks!

Reactions: kyle_ken

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Dear Lokifish,

Could you please still keep those tools on the host servers so people can still access them? (Like "All tools", etc.) Please...... :) (I need a emoticon of a small kitten with big eyes here...)

Thanks!

The space was given to me for free as a recognized developer and contributor. Seeing that I have left development completely, it is not right that I continue to use the services. So at the end of the week the files will be purged and I will ask the xda remove my developer and contributor status.

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
The space was given to me for free as a recognized developer and contributor. Seeing that I have left development completely, it is not right that I continue to use the services. So at the end of the week the files will be purged and I will ask the xda remove my developer and contributor status.

Oh! I see the situation... In this case, may I have your permission to host those files somewhere (maybe by XDA moderator, or ...me?) so they could still be accessible?

I could feel your feeling on this fiasco. Must be quite frustrate experiences for you...

cheahcl

Nov 11, 2009
Winnipeg
Oh! I see the situation... In this case, may I have your permission to host those files somewhere (maybe by XDA moderator, or ...me?) so they could still be accessible?

I could feel your feeling on this fiasco. Must be quite frustrate experiences for you...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25414599/!Files_to_FlashTool.rar

I've done step D as well, good to just flash it I guess.

Let me know if it worked, before I start messing about. I'm not good in all these stuff. Been flashing since HD2 days but still, just a tutorial follower, can probably count Linux commands I know with 1 hand. :D

Reactions: lssong99

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005

Let me know if it worked, before I start messing about. I'm not good in all these stuff. Been flashing since HD2 days but still, just a tutorial follower, can probably count Linux commands I know with 1 hand. :D

Dear cheahcl,

Thank you soooo much for the image! I successfully restored my TS and now EVERYTHING GOES BACK TO NORMAL!

If you want to play around, please don't forge to back up your IMEI! since the MTK SP_Flash_Tool will wipe your IMEI!

Please follow this guide here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2631953 under "IMEI Backup Procedure" before proceed anything dangerous!

After this, you are good to go! MTK is non-brickable (from what I learned for the past day... All you need is a corrected factory F/W!)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

cheahcl

Nov 11, 2009
Winnipeg
Dear cheahcl,

Thank you soooo much for the image! I successfully restored my TS and now EVERYTHING GOES BACK TO NORMAL!

If you want to play around, please don't forge to back up your IMEI! since the MTK SP_Flash_Tool will wipe your IMEI!

Please follow this guide here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2631953 under "IMEI Backup Procedure" before proceed anything dangerous!

After this, you are good to go! MTK is non-brickable (from what I learned for the past day... All you need is a corrected factory F/W!)

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

don't sweat it, haha i needed to backup my original firmware as well anyways, seeing how scarce it is around here and all the weird discrepancies in HW/SW versions. good to know i can always fall back on this file. haha yeah i've also backed up my imei. time to play around and see.

cheers

Spoetnicus

Nov 10, 2010
Ive managed to get my brand new watch stuck in a bootloop after using framaRoot to root it. (I know, I know)

Now, I am able to boot into recovery mode or factory, and tried a factory reset. No luck, so i'm pretty sure the issue is in the /system partition.
Does anyone know if there are zip files somewhere that i can flash from recovery, to restore the system partition?

Device:
- 1GB / 8GB / 2100MHz Version
- Originally unrooted
- OUI 2.1
- Modem Ver: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4, 2013/08/14 18:16
- No other modifications besides the rooting (which did work already before I rebooted)

lssong99

Jul 15, 2005
Ive managed to get my brand new watch stuck in a bootloop after using framaRoot to root it. (I know, I know)

Now, I am able to boot into recovery mode or factory, and tried a factory reset. No luck, so i'm pretty sure the issue is in the /system partition.
Does anyone know if there are zip files somewhere that i can flash from recovery, to restore the system partition?

Device:
- 1GB / 8GB / 2100MHz Version
- Originally unrooted
- OUI 2.1
- Modem Ver: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4, 2013/08/14 18:16
- No other modifications besides the rooting (which did work already before I rebooted)

The TS (or any MTK based system) does not use the usually "recovery backup/restore" way we familiar of, instead it goes the "special tool on PC backup/restore" method. You need ask people who receive their watch in around the same time as yours with same configuration to backup their watch FW with MTK tools than restore with said FW.

Basically what I had done in this thread!

Please follow my another guild to see how to do this...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2758733

Sent from my HTC_One_max using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Spoetnicus

Nov 10, 2010
The TS (or any MTK based system) does not use the usually "recovery backup/restore" way we familiar of, instead it goes the "special tool on PC backup/restore" method. You need ask people who receive their watch in around the same time as yours with same configuration to backup their watch FW with MTK tools than restore with said FW.

Basically what I had done in this thread!

Sent from my HTC_One_max using XDA Premium HD app

Thanks!

Im pretty sure that I was on 'Omate_TrueSmart_20140513.103530_V2.0' before I bricked it, so that gives hope :p
I dont have it with me right now, but Ill try it as soon as I get back home on monday :D

Thanks again for the tutorials and reply :)

Spoetnicus

Nov 10, 2010

HEY! It worked :D
I'm back at a functional Truesmart :D

Thank you soo much :D

And in case three smiley's aren't enough: :D

Also, quick note for other people bricking their phone, my issue (after I bricked it again), was that I used an app to change the density property, which broke the boot of the watch.
The app that broke my watch was: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.birdapi.android.dpi

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks a lot! First of all, Currently don't do anything posted on XDA yet since most of them will not work with this version of TS... (This is where I am now...)

First of all, please get all necessary tools directly from this post "All Tools" http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2734687 (Do NOT download or install any other things there!)

Follow those steps: (modified from link above)
    1. Download "All Tools"
    2. Install Universal ADB Drivers (included in All Tools) <--If you already have ADB up and running, it's not necessarily, then.
    3. Enable USB Debugging on watch
    4. Launch MTKDroid Tools
    5. Connect watch to PC

6. Please follow the instruction from here: http://www.chinaphonearena.com/foru...up-MTK6592-MTK6589-MTK6577-and-all-MTK-Phones
       a. Skip everything above and just starts from "B) Open ADB prompt to begin communication with the phone" .
       b. Don't worry about the recovery thing... TS comes with a recovery which is not locked and you can do everything this article said with only stock recovery. (also no busy box is needed, nor su since TS run everything in root!)
       c. You could also refer to the video guide below for details

7. it's okay to just provide the file you got after finishing the step "C) Read back the ROM with MTK Droid Tools" I should be able to do the Step D) and after myself.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Dear Lokifish,

Thanks!