Dekko - White screen

Search This thread

Goglu68

Sep 14, 2015
Montreal
(Previously posted and removed from General Q&A)

Hi all,

I'm testing Ubuntu Touch on my Nexus 5. It looks nice, but I can't get Dekko to run. (And, running a smart phone without an e-mail client is a no-go for me.)

When I launch Dekko, I get the logo and the ubuntu spinning wheel, but then it switches to a white screen. I guess that I should get a wizard of some kind to set up at least one account.

Any idea where as to what is happening?

I'm running Vivid from the MultiROM download.

nikwen

Feb 1, 2013
Berlin, Germany
www.nikwen.de
(Previously posted and removed from General Q&A)

Hi all,

I'm testing Ubuntu Touch on my Nexus 5. It looks nice, but I can't get Dekko to run. (And, running a smart phone without an e-mail client is a no-go for me.)

When I launch Dekko, I get the logo and the ubuntu spinning wheel, but then it switches to a white screen. I guess that I should get a wizard of some kind to set up at least one account.

Any idea where as to what is happening?

I'm running Vivid from the MultiROM download.

I think the best idea would be to report it on the official bug tracker and upload your log files from ~/.cache/upstart/application-click-dekko.dekkoproject_dekko_0.5.8.log* there. That way you can talk directly to the developers. ;)

(You can use the Ubuntu One account which you also use on your phone.)

verdomde

May 13, 2012
Glasgow
I think the best idea would be to report it on the official bug tracker and upload your log files from ~/.cache/upstart/application-click-dekko.dekkoproject_dekko_0.5.8.log* there. That way you can talk directly to the developers. ;)

Dekko is still clunky and buggy, but I get (after the spinning thing) a nav-bar with "all, unread, starred" etc. The main body is white. I use the menu button in the top left (which sometimes works) to set up accounts, and to call each account up when checking mail. Is this menu button available to you?

I switched to rc-updates and am now on r122, Dekko now brings up a mailbox selector at startup, but then unfortunately crashes...

Goglu68

Sep 14, 2015
Montreal
Files missing

Thanks! I needed to know where the log file was. I found out that several .qml files seem to be missing.

I'll follow-up directly in the bug tracker.