Wind/Mobilicity Speed Tests

Search This thread

trilogee

Dec 12, 2011
Mississauga
I know there are a number of speed test threads for the Nexus 4 but I want this one to be specifically for mobilicity and wind customers.

I have mobilicity's fake 4g premium data.. network type is set to lte/gsm/CDMA auto

Here are 7 test results with a peak of 10mbps down anyone on wind or Mobilicity will know that the speeds are unheard of.

These tests show an average speed of around 8 Mb but typical speeds are generally much closer to the 3.5 to 4 MB range.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354396097957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354396097957.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 2,666

trilogee

Dec 12, 2011
Mississauga
Near heartland and about 1 km away from a newly erected tower (Terry fox and eglinton).
Keep in mind these were taken on a Saturday morning between 10-1130 (minimal congestion)

mafiaboy01

Sep 17, 2007
Toronto
That's impressive I work in a wind store and have never been able to pull those kinda speeds.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

shojus

Jan 9, 2008
GRap
Damn, I feel sorry for you guys that live in Canada if you think those are good speeds...? The upload is horrid but the ping times are pretty good.

thegregulator

Dec 6, 2010
Vancouver
Damn, I feel sorry for you guys that live in Canada if you think those are good speeds...? The upload is horrid but the ping times are pretty good.

Wind doesn't have a great network, but when you pay $29 a month for unlimited everything you don't expect lightning quick download speeds. I was with them for awhile but I had to switch back to Rogers for reliability purposes. Still, those are good speeds for wind. Hopefully they continue to improve their network.

subxero123

Aug 17, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
i dont know if they changed it, but when i had my galaxy nexus before nov 13, i was on basic data and i couldnt get more than 2 mbps, but i did get around 800kbps upload,
i wonder if got the fast speeds for basic data users too now, if not im going to switch to premium data

HA3AP

Oct 4, 2012
I managed to get 12 mbps down on wind at major mac and weston thats using Htc One S

Gibbus

Dec 14, 2011

I wouldn't feel sorry for me. As stated above, I pay $24.25/month for my BTS plan with unlimited local calling, unlimited text and unlimited data.
Can you find me a comparable plan in the States?

DLFB

Sep 13, 2010
Wind here on HMP (no premium data) $45 Unlimited everything taxes in

3MBPS is my max DL. Home and office have towers within 1km> radius. Good enough to stream Netflix and I can watch Walking Dead with no pixelation. I exceed 5GB of data per month and would love to have 10MBPS but for extra $10 no way. The speed now is good enough for me. It's bearable.

Last edited:

imtiax

Jan 6, 2011
I'm on mobilicity on the BTS (BACK TO SCHOOL PLAN), and I always get at least 1.5 - 2Mbps, (On my lg optimus one), the data's not that great but I love having unlimited everything. Can't wait to get a nexus 4.

icemasta31

Jan 12, 2011
I wouldn't feel sorry for me. As stated above, I pay $24.25/month for my BTS plan with unlimited local calling, unlimited text and unlimited data.
Can you find me a comparable plan in the States?

Let's not forget the coverage is pretty limited and the network is largely hit or miss.

To the OP, I think you are one of the first people I've seen with actual HSPA+ speeds on Mobi with their premium add-on. On the other hand, having to pay an extra $20 for that add-on kinda ruins the low-price idea of Mobi in my opinion.

trilogee

Dec 12, 2011
Mississauga
To address multiple posts keep in mind that mobile is city is no contract. There is no denying that coverage is shoddy but at 40/month with no lock in and unlimited everything I'm not complaining.

To the previous poster: I actually only pay 40 dollars a month including the premium. I was actually on the friends and family plan for 35 dollars and in order to get the premium data I had to switch to 1 of the new plans which pissed me off.

I got in touch with Stewart Lyons and he personally saw to it that I got what I wanted. Ended up getting the new 50 percent off plans with everything I currently have plus extra roaming minutes and premium data for 5 dollars more than what I was previously paying.

All that said though the speeds are not consistent and I would really love to have 20 + MB/s... not willing to switch to one if the big 3 on a three year contract for that.

Telecomm in our country is so f****ng backwards

DLFB

Sep 13, 2010
Telecomm in our country is so f****ng backwards

LOL that's it? Everything is so F-ing back@ssward here in Canada we're pathetic to be considered one of the top cities to live in the world. We can't even produce an Octopus card for our public transit system. How about capping our Internet? I could go on and on.

I'd still choose to live here over the US though (well, IF I really had to move to the US I'd move to Hawaii).

Let's not forget the coverage is pretty limited and the network is largely hit or miss.

If you don't travel much then it doesn't matter.

AtharulTech

Nov 10, 2012
the most i got was 8mbs, what is the best setting for hspa+, right now i keep it as cdma/gsm auto, to the OP you put lte/cdma/gsm, when LTE isnt supported whats the point

trilogee

Dec 12, 2011
Mississauga
Yea I pretty much can't argue with that.

To previous post there really is no point I just do it on the off chance that it picks up layaway frequency and boosts my dbm.

The fact that I have an LTE microsim just makes it intuitive for me to want to keep it on that setting you never know what impact it may or may not have.

Reactions: jasonpantuliano

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yea I pretty much can't argue with that.

To previous post there really is no point I just do it on the off chance that it picks up layaway frequency and boosts my dbm.

The fact that I have an LTE microsim just makes it intuitive for me to want to keep it on that setting you never know what impact it may or may not have.

Impressive. Is wind a large carrier in Greece? How is the reception and price?

Sent by carrier pigeon

It's the 3rd biggest, but with the worse reception.
    Above result is from inside a shopping mall, where all companies can get good results.
    My average speed is at 10mbps.

Unleashed by my Nexus 4