[Q] How often are you guys replacing batteries on the glide?

Search This thread

xtsim

Nov 23, 2014
To me it seems that my captivate glide is eating through batteries every year. I've gone through two batteries - battery that came with the glide lasted only one year with stock gingerbread and ics roms, while the replacement lasted again for about one year with omnirom. Both of those batteries have gotten swollen and soft, which is bad. I am just wondering, is this common in this phone? Or is there a problem with the phone itself? I've had other phones and devices that last years with their original batteries just fine such as some old iphones and old samsung feature phones, the only other phone I've had a swollen battery was a pantech ease, which had a great keyboard, although that phone needed a new battery after two years and I abused that heavily with the battery falling off dozens of times (and sometimes water) compared to my glide which has been in some case and taken care of.

eMPee584

Well I've got a bunch of these in rotation, and they are all starting to show their age, some of them having swollen and been sorted out by me. They've been produced 5 years ago and it's only natural for li-ion accus to lose capacity after that time, and in the end, chemically decompose and swell.. Pure luck if it didn't happen with your other phone , I presume.

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Well I've got a bunch of these in rotation, and they are all starting to show their age, some of them having swollen and been sorted out by me. They've been produced 5 years ago and it's only natural for li-ion accus to lose capacity after that time, and in the end, chemically decompose and swell.. Pure luck if it didn't happen with your other phone , I presume.

You saw the post date of the OP right ? ;)

Codrin_dk

Feb 12, 2013
Got myself a Polar Cell 1800Mah last year. Working perfectly still. I would recommend it. Ebay is your friend.