HW+ how Passthrough sound?

Search This thread

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
I test HW can Passthrough sound , but HW+ can't Passthrough sound...

which codec?
If you have a custom codec which supports the codec, it won't be passed through.
can you collect a bug report immediately after playing the video that has issues?

Anyhow, in the next version, we will add an option to prefer audio passthrough over internal decoders.

lukcinek

Feb 5, 2012
I have the same question (problem). I'm using MX player PRO on my TV POS 9002.
When I use HW Decoder there is DD and DTS audio but 4k HEVC 10 bit HDR 23.976 DTS and DD files are stuttering.
When I use HW + Decoder 4k HEVC 10 bit 23.976 DTS and DD files are smooth but there is no 5.1 audio in my Amplituner (it doesn't see DD and DTS - only Stereo).
MX Player team... Please do something with this. No other program (KODI, SPMC, VLC, ARCHOS) can play this files smoothly. Only MX Player but only in HW + without 5.1 sound :(
Best regards

Reactions: trivi88

lukcinek

Feb 5, 2012
Today was a new MX Player update with passthrough option.
I was very happy at the beginning becouse DD started to work but... sound and video stutters every couple of seconds in almost every movie I have:( (but not in everyone. Some plays good:) I have passthrough option checked.
There is no DTS passthrough in HW+. Only in HW.
It was so close...
When I uncheck passthrough there is no 5.1 DD sound from Ampli:( I don't know what to do:(
Thank You for this but I think it needs a little more testing.
Best regards for all The Team

Last edited:

ken.hsiao

Jul 22, 2007
update MXPLAYER ,The problem is the same
play video use HW no video, audio ok
HW+ video OK, audio not work!

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Today was a new MX Player update with passthrough option.
I was very happy at the beginning because DD started to work but... sound and video stutters every couple of seconds in almost every movie I have:( (but not in everyone. Some plays good:) I have passthrough option checked.
There is no DTS passthrough in HW+. Only in HW.
It was so close...
When I uncheck passthrough there is no 5.1 DD sound from Ampli:( I don't know what to do:(
Thank You for this but I think it needs a little more testing.
Best regards for all The Team

MX Player checks the capability of HDMI receiver. When you select this option, If the receiver reports that they support DTS or DD, it will automatically use pass-through mode even if there is internal decoder. maybe your amplifier doesn't report the capability of the DTS decoding.

In HW decoder, there is no control on our side. It will automatically pass the audio to HDMI if it's unsupported.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

update MXPLAYER ,The problem is the same
play video use HW no video, audio ok
HW+ video OK, audio not work!

can you collect a bug report from help menu immediately after reproducing the issue and share here?
it will help us to understand the actual issue.

lukcinek

Feb 5, 2012
MX Player checks the capability of HDMI receiver. When you select this option, If the receiver reports that they support DTS or DD, it will automatically use pass-through mode even if there is internal decoder. maybe your amplifier doesn't report the capability of the DTS decoding.

In HW decoder, there is no control on our side. It will automatically pass the audio to HDMI if it's unsupported.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

can you collect a bug report from help menu immediately after reproducing the issue and share here?
it will help us to understand the actual issue.

Hi
Thx for answer
When I play some DD movies sometimes there is audio passthrought...sometimes there isn't. I must try couple Times.

When I play in passthrough there is 80% chances that sound and video will be stuttering but...
I have a solution...I play in passthrough mode and when video and audio stutters i change sound to SW mode and for some time I uncheck SW mode. When this doesn't help I try to rewind movie to the beginning couple of Times. It usually starts to workafter couple of times.
This is my way to Play 4K HEVC 10 BIT HDR movies in DD 5.1 on my Philips POS 9002 and Pioneer VSX - 422 Amplituner.

DTS doesn't work in passthrough mode at all:(
It works in HW mode but video is stuttering. Video is stuttering in every Android TV player: VLC, ARCHOS, KODI, SPMC and integrated Video Player.
Thank You MX Player Devs for a great program thanks to which i can watch movies on my TV.
Best regards

JohninNL

Feb 8, 2020
Bump, so many years later and this highly popular video player stays so severely flawed to the bones for people with a proper surround sound system with DTS/Dolby support... Kodi has no issues with it all but somehow MX Player can't seem to solve their issues

eugene3

Feb 8, 2021
2021 update
still no 5.1 sound in mx player in passthrough mode
all the options, codecs and upadates are set, but still "stereo" on reciver display
no DD, no DTS, no 5.1 and no DD Plus either

Scott1174

Mar 23, 2021
2021 update
still no 5.1 sound in mx player in passthrough mode
all the options, codecs and upadates are set, but still "stereo" on reciver display
no DD, no DTS, no 5.1 and no DD Plus either
Yep and I just posted this issue not realizing that this was posted. HW+ is broken with Passthrough and they don’t even mention that it is an issue that they are working on. What a joke.

eugene3

Feb 8, 2021
Yep and I just posted this issue not realizing that this was posted. HW+ is broken with Passthrough and they don’t even mention that it is an issue that they are working on. What a joke.
got the mx support answer:

"We regret to inform you that MX Player currently doesn't support audio-passthrough over SPDIF. However, you will be pleased to know that it's a part of our roadmap and will be supported in the future if found viable. Meanwhile, your patience is appreciated"

:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same question (problem). I'm using MX player PRO on my TV POS 9002.
    When I use HW Decoder there is DD and DTS audio but 4k HEVC 10 bit HDR 23.976 DTS and DD files are stuttering.
    When I use HW + Decoder 4k HEVC 10 bit 23.976 DTS and DD files are smooth but there is no 5.1 audio in my Amplituner (it doesn't see DD and DTS - only Stereo).
    MX Player team... Please do something with this. No other program (KODI, SPMC, VLC, ARCHOS) can play this files smoothly. Only MX Player but only in HW + without 5.1 sound :(
    Best regards