Speed up your Galaxy S3 in 2 easy steps

Search This thread

niknag

May 26, 2010
*Guys I felt the phone was buttery smooth, but on certain occasions I.e. lock screen ripple transition into opening your home screen and toggling between messages in the messaging app, the transition would s stutter just a tiny bit. Problem is solved if you go into:1. Settings-> developer options-> and Window animation scale and Transition Animation scale -> change both of those to 0.5x (or 0 for both, for instant reactions). The phone now runs like the beast it was born to be. Try it and let make know your thoughts. Please hit the thanks button if this helps you. Regards, Nik

Last edited:

predator21

Jan 20, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
*Guys I felt the phone was buttery smooth, but on certain occasions I.e. lock screen ripple transition into opening your home screen and toggling between messages in the messaging app, the transition would s stutter just a tiny bit. Problem is solved if you go into:1. Settings-> developer options-> and Window animation scale and Transition Animation scale -> change both of those to .5xThe phone now runs like the beast it was born to be. Try it and let make know your thoughts. Regards, Nik

Yup thnx....not its zippy than before

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

mikea3000

Jul 17, 2010
Thanks for the tip. it definitely made a differnce. I went one step further, and turned off animations completely and it seems even better.

NaimC

Apr 23, 2008
Just tried this and unless I'm losing my mind, sure enough it did make the phone more responsive and animations faster. Just hope battery doesn't suffer as a result!

norpan111

Mar 28, 2010
Halmstad
Holy crap, it was like the animations where holding it back.. The multitasking menu appear instantly now! This should be default, thanks!

sxi200

Oct 18, 2010
Melbourne
I hate animations. Since S1, S2 and now S3 the first thing I do is switch them off completely.

Reactions: jazua

NaimC

Apr 23, 2008
After further testing, anyone else find the battery slightly worse with 0 5x compared to the default 1.0x? Changed on both transitions and window that is.

Oy downside to this unless I'm imagining it.

Last edited:

Motogp1

Jan 13, 2011
Just checked and mine were both set at .5 by default. (Orange UK)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

nodstuff

Apr 2, 2010
Cork
After further testing, anyone else find the battery slightly worse with 0 5x compared to the default 1.0x? Changed on both transitions and window that is.

Oy downside to this unless I'm imagining it.

You are imagining it, how could LESS animations cause MORE battery drain.
In theory it could even save battery.
(Something around 0.00000000001%)
Less animations, less to be processed and rendered etc. + Snappier user experience = full of win.

Reactions: aldrinmcmie

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
You are imagining it, how could LESS animations cause MORE battery drain.
In theory it could even save battery.
(Something around 0.00000000001%)
Less animations, less to be processed and rendered etc. + Snappier user experience = full of win.

0.5x = faster animations and not lesser animations, so it may affect the battery. but who cares, it should be negligble. all we need is a snappier phone at the end of the day.:good:

nodstuff

Apr 2, 2010
Cork
0.5x = faster animations and not lesser animations, so it may affect the battery. but who cares, it should be negligble. all we need is a snappier phone at the end of the day.:good:

Change them to 5x and then tell me that 0.5x would use more battery than that.
Seriously.
Faster (less elaborate) animation means less battery.....
By your logic no animations would be a battery hog.

bala_gamer

Recognized Contributor
Mar 29, 2011
Madurai-Chennai
Xiaomi 13
Xiaomi 13 Pro
Change them to 5x and then tell me that 0.5x would use more battery than that.
Seriously.
Faster (less elaborate) animation means less battery.....
By your logic no animations would be a battery hog.

as i said i dont mind battery life as changing the animation scale is not going to have any big effect on battery life. turning off the animation will surely improve the battery life but without animation the mobile will look worse.

you are wrong about faster animations = lesser battery.(may be im wrong here too) if 1x animation is done at 0.5x time it takes higher resources. the animation is same but the time is reduced by half.

btw we can discuss things with some cool head here :)

@op

nice find mate ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Guys I felt the phone was buttery smooth, but on certain occasions I.e. lock screen ripple transition into opening your home screen and toggling between messages in the messaging app, the transition would s stutter just a tiny bit. Problem is solved if you go into:1. Settings-> developer options-> and Window animation scale and Transition Animation scale -> change both of those to 0.5x (or 0 for both, for instant reactions). The phone now runs like the beast it was born to be. Try it and let make know your thoughts. Please hit the thanks button if this helps you. Regards, Nik
    as i said i dont mind battery life as changing the animation scale is not going to have any big effect on battery life. turning off the animation will surely improve the battery life but without animation the mobile will look worse.

you are wrong about faster animations = lesser battery.(may be im wrong here too) if 1x animation is done at 0.5x time it takes higher resources. the animation is same but the time is reduced by half.

btw we can discuss things with some cool head here :)

@op

nice find mate ;)

Sorry but you're wrong. You'll notice that it's animation SCALE, not animation speed. 0.5x will in fact use less battery (marginally).

0.5x doesn't mean it uses twice the resources, it just means that it renders half the amount of frames for the animation (therefore taking less time). It uses the same resources, but for a shorter amount of time. Which actually means less resources.

Aside from anything else, any difference to battery would be minimal if any. But if it had any effect, it would be positive, not negative
    *Guys I felt the phone was buttery smooth, but on certain occasions I.e. lock screen ripple transition into opening your home screen and toggling between messages in the messaging app, the transition would s stutter just a tiny bit. Problem is solved if you go into:1. Settings-> developer options-> and Window animation scale and Transition Animation scale -> change both of those to .5xThe phone now runs like the beast it was born to be. Try it and let make know your thoughts. Regards, Nik

Yup thnx....not its zippy than before

I can't believe people are concerned about having an effect on battery.

It doesn't.

That's the answer, now move on.
    B-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app
    Great! !! Smooth as silk:D