Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is a build of AICP for the Shield Tablet (WiFi Only) (wx_na_wf)

You need to have CWM recovery installed on your device See Here for instructions install CWM. Try this version of CWM when flashing
Or use PhilZ
Instructions on installing:

Make a backup of your current ROM (Optional but highly recommended)
Wipe --> Factory Reset (Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache)
Flash ROM
Flash Gapps
Reboot

Downloads:

8/28/14 ROM
8/25/14 ROM
8/23/14 ROM
8/22/14 ROM
Gapps

Bugs
You tell me

Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
AICP for Shield Tablet (WiFi Only), ROM for the Nvidia Shield Tablet

Contributors
joshuabg, Unjustified Dev For making the device tree compatible
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2014-08-22
Last Updated 2014-12-20

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014_08_30_10_42_05.png
    Screenshot_2014_08_30_10_42_05.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 540
  • Screenshot_2014_08_30_11_08_18.png
    Screenshot_2014_08_30_11_08_18.png
    67 KB · Views: 543
  • Screenshot_2014_08_30_11_13_50.png
    Screenshot_2014_08_30_11_13_50.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 541
Last edited:

MRobbo80

Apr 9, 2013
South Petherton
OK I done a full wipe factory reset/cache in the latest recovery then tryed flashing had an error saying

This package is wx_na_wf this device is shield tablet
Error status 7

I'm not much of a dev but will look through the build prop or meta data to see if its a simple name change?

Hashbang173

May 6, 2012
OK I done a full wipe factory reset/cache in the latest recovery then tryed flashing had an error saying

This package is wx_na_wf this device is shield tablet
Error status 7

I'm not much of a dev but will look through the build prop or meta data to see if its a simple name change?

Just got to edit the META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

proably have to change wx_na_wf to shieldtablet in line 2

I can do it and reupload the whole zip f you want

Edit: You could just erase that line

MRobbo80

Apr 9, 2013
South Petherton
Deleted second line and did not have any luck so this second line below just change
"wx_na_wf" to ,"shieldtablet "

").");
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "wx_na_wf" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "wx_na_wf" || abort("This package is for \"wx_na_wf\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."););

Hashbang173

May 6, 2012
Deleted second line and did not have any luck so this second line below just change

").");
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "wx_na_wf" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "wx_na_wf" || abort("This package is for \"wx_na_wf\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."););

What happened when you deleted the second line? It might be easier if you join the IRC channel so I can walk you though everything.

MRobbo80

Apr 9, 2013
South Petherton

").");

So it should look like this
").");
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "shieldtablet" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "shieldtablet" || abort("This package is for \"shieldtabley\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."););

Hashbang173

May 6, 2012

").");

So it should look like this
").");
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "shieldtablet" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "shieldtablet" || abort("This package is for \"shieldtabley\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\"."););

What happened when you flashed this?

MRobbo80

Apr 9, 2013
South Petherton
No I did not, now I enabled that I tried flashing the original rom it seems to start of by going through the normal process of flashing, then stalls with the first error message to start with. When I change the second line (name change) in the update script to (shieldtablet) it the gives me an error saying the footer is in correct when trying to flash. Think it is a very simple fix to get this going but having a dipstick trying to help you is not much kop sorry m8

Hold on think I know what I done

Last edited:

Hashbang173

May 6, 2012
@joshuabg You have to upload your recovery.img that compiled with it. I changed name :) because we shouldn't be using shieldtablet name in custom roms that's common to all versions.
My ROM is made for wx_na_wf. The bad thing about that is that aicp checks to see if the device is a wx_na_wf before it flashes. The stock os shows the device is a shieldtablet. So you have to remove that line in the updater-script.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Every thing works absolute fantastic job runs smooth! Fast! defently going to be my daily driver for a while 10 out of 10!!!!!!!

BTW did not flash your recovery.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a build of AICP for the Shield Tablet (WiFi Only) (wx_na_wf)

You need to have CWM recovery installed on your device See Here for instructions install CWM. Try this version of CWM when flashing
    Or use PhilZ
    Instructions on installing:

Make a backup of your current ROM (Optional but highly recommended)
    Wipe --> Factory Reset (Data, Cache, and Dalvik Cache)
    Flash ROM
    Flash Gapps
    Reboot

Downloads:

8/28/14 ROM
    8/25/14 ROM
    8/23/14 ROM
    8/22/14 ROM
    Gapps

Bugs
    You tell me

Kernel Source

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP for Shield Tablet (WiFi Only), ROM for the Nvidia Shield Tablet

Contributors
    joshuabg, Unjustified Dev For making the device tree compatible
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information

Created 2014-08-22
    Last Updated 2014-12-20
    Thanks for the feedback. I think you only needed the recovery when the device tree was in early progress. Would you mind doing a benchmark for me? Can you take some screenshots of trickster mod? Maybe one showing the CPU governers?

It's a very nice rom, could be used as a daily driver. Here is a video running the rom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quzKOecY9VM
    Ok just tell me when your done and what you need me to clone.

You can now clone device repos from me. I will continue to help here if needed.

Edit: don't clone cm-11.0-wip it's for reducing nvidia patches standardizing BT and WiFi.
    Soon no patches will be needed

github is now cm-tn8