Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Bombo1

Mar 14, 2015
Hello

This way to install Remix OS Without USB, and for USB use on Parallels ,and almost same for other VM

# First (without USB)

1- you will need to download Remix OS from there site http://www.jide.com/en/remixos-for-pc#downloadNow

2- Extract the downloaded files
3- Open Parallels > File > New > Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or image file > Image File > Select a file... > (Select Remix OS .ISO) From the extracted folder > Continue > for operation system you will choose Other linux or Ubuntu Linux or FreeBSD (maybe other will work too) > OK > Type the name you want > Customize settings before installation > Hardware >
A- CPU & Memory > Processors: 1 or more (Choose half for first time)
Memory 1024 or more (Choose half for first time)

4- Press TAB key on resident mode > press (space) and add ( INSTALL=0) "Capital Letters" > Enter
5- Create/Modify partitions > Do you want to use GPT (No) GPL (No) > New > Primary > Choose all size you make for virtual > Bootable > Write (yes) > Quit

sda1 Boot Primary Linux (size you choose)

6- First line (sda1) > OK > ext4 or fat32 > Format (Yes) > GRUB (Yes) > Do you want to install EFI GRUB2 (Skip) > System read-write (Yes) > Run OK ( some differences option may see on different operation system you will choose)

# Not for Parallels tested on Virtual Box

7- To make mouse work go to Input > Mouse Integration ( remove it )
8- After reboot you will not be able to start before you remove the CD from Remix OS setting, Right click on Remix OS virtual disc Settings… > Storage > Remove by right click on Remix_OS > Remove > OK

# To use USB so you will be able to use the OS on your VM like add or remove folder and use USB elsewhere like not you computer

1- Install Remix OS normal way (I used windows maybe other way available)
2- Open Parallels > File > New > Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or image file > Continue without a source > > for operation system you will choose Ubuntu Linux or Other linux or FreeBSD (maybe other will work too) > OK > Type the name you want > Customize settings before installation > Hardware >
B- Boot Order > External device > and select the USB with Remix OS pre installed

Please replay if it work for you, if not write the problem
http://ift.tt/1UGaH7O

This information from many sources I do not remember, so I am sorry for not mansion any one
Kind Regard

Last edited:

Matam AlHaidariya

Mar 5, 2016
Thanks a lot, I install it again and it worked :laugh:

Starting from number 4 after boot using usb with remix and format the old partition with remix :silly:

Reactions: Bombo1

yrubin07

Sep 3, 2015
Hello

This way to install Remix OS Without USB, and for USB use on Parallels ,and almost same for other VM

# First (without USB)

1- you will need to download Remix OS from there site http://www.jide.com/en/remixos-for-pc#downloadNow

3- Open Parallels > File > New > Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or image file > Image File > Select a file... > (Select Remix OS .ISO) From the extracted folder > Continue > for operation system you will choose Other linux or Ubuntu Linux or FreeBSD (maybe other will work too) > OK > Type the name you want > Customize settings before installation > Hardware >

4- Press TAB key on resident mode > press (space) and add ( INSTALL=0) "Capital Letters" > Enter
5- Create/Modify partitions > Do you want to use GPT (No) GPL (No) > New > Primary > Choose all size you make for virtual > Bootable > Write (yes) > Quit

6- First line (sda1) > OK > ext4 or fat32 > Format (Yes) > GRUB (Yes) > Do you want to install EFI GRUB2 (Skip) > System read-write (Yes) > Run OK ( some differences option may see on different operation system you will choose)

8- After reboot you will not be able to start before you remove the CD from Remix OS setting, Right click on Remix OS virtual disc Settings… > Storage > Remove by right click on Remix_OS > Remove > OK

# To use USB so you will be able to use the OS on your VM like add or remove folder and use USB elsewhere like not you computer

2- Open Parallels > File > New > Install Windows or another OS from a DVD or image file > Continue without a source > > for operation system you will choose Ubuntu Linux or Other linux or FreeBSD (maybe other will work too) > OK > Type the name you want > Customize settings before installation > Hardware >
B- Boot Order > External device > and select the USB with Remix OS pre installed

This information from many sources I do not remember, so I am sorry for not mansion any one
Kind Regard

So after doing Yes to Grub (no USB install) using parallels 11, it seems to get stuck for a long time

rathisarov

Nov 6, 2014
Redmi Note 10 Pro
i just can't figure out at step 4.
i dowwnloaded the .iso, then did till step 3, and here, once I chose the Remix os.iso file, I got the warning saying 'operating system not found in this .iso file'
any steps I'm missing? Please guide me.
thanks.
(p.s: I'm using the rooted .iso file)

Bombo1

Mar 14, 2015
i just can't figure out at step 4.
i dowwnloaded the .iso, then did till step 3, and here, once I chose the Remix os.iso file, I got the warning saying 'operating system not found in this .iso file'
any steps I'm missing? Please guide me.
thanks.
(p.s: I'm using the rooted .iso file)
I tried rooted ISO and no luck to get it on virtual machine, but it worked normally from USB, may be this new one will work
http://xdaforums.com/remix/remix-os/remix-os-pc-hacked-edition-ota-v2-0-201-t3345968

jgenther

May 6, 2016
Installed as resident, but doesn't finish loading.

I followed the instructions to install resident. Seems to have installed correctly. I couldn't removed the virtual CD from VirtualBox settings so I renamed the iso file. Stuck loading with the Remix OS black load screen. Any ideas?

VirtualBox on Windows 7 x64, followed directions with 16GB hard drive, 2GB RAM on virtual machine.

*Update: It did eventually start up. Works, but slow. I didn't think it would need more than 2GB of RAM. Maybe all try it again with more. It freezes up on my too - becomes unresponsive.

Last edited:

Fr33M9nd

Jul 19, 2016
Hi , just did this ... so i thought id share my results to help anyone out there ....

Macbook pro early 2011 i7 Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

I tried many solutions out there to create a bootable USB ,
tried converting ISO to img and unetbootin (no go stuck on android x86 logo on bootup)
tried dd ing the ISO to usb drive ( same thing )
added refind to hidden EFI partition (using linux) and rebooted ( got past android logo - then stuck on flashing remix logo)

hmmmm

So anyways - I have parallels and a windows 10 install - booted windows 10 in parallels and
used the remix USB install tool to install the remixISO to the USB.

then i created a VM in parallels using the method from above posts (Bombo1) steps below ....

B- Boot Order > External device > and select the USB with Remix OS pre installed (important)

Then it booted and to my delight worked fine ....
Im yet to have a proper play - but yea :)

Last edited:

bschurch

Feb 21, 2017
Installed successfully on my Mac with Parallels, but it refuses to install MS Word: "Microsoft office apps can't install on this device. This device uses a processor that doesn't meet the system requirements for installing Office." I put 2 cores and 1024 MB RAM.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

# First (without USB)

Kind Regard
    [GUIDE] [ALTERNATIVE] Dual boot RemixOS ( beta ) alongside Windows

http://xdaforums.com/remix/remix-os/dual-boot-remixos-windows-usb-drive-t3324359
    Thanks a lot, I install it again and it worked :laugh:

Starting from number 4 after boot using usb with remix and format the old partition with remix :silly: