Search This thread

bepe

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2005
Munich
This ROM is based on the official German O2 ROM:
http://www.o2online.de/nw/support/downloads/software/xda/xdaorbit/index.html
- replaced the localized packages
- removed the O2 operator package (Settings and O2 Theme)

Big thanks to rvbcrs for helping and mirroring

I don’t have an Artemis... ok, my girlfriend has one, but she would kill me if I use that... so the ROM has not been tested.
Please report all problems here.

!!! This thread is not for questions about unlocking the device !!!
- In case that you have questions about that open your own thread -

Download the ROM by reading and clicking the red text :D

Last edited:

sparcle

Oct 1, 2005
---updated---
Thought to try using the PDAMobiz package and replace the ROM and give it a try even though it's based on pdocwrite.. Result is an error during writing at some time.. So kids don't try this is you don't know how to recover using the bootloader or you'll have a brick.
------
I'm actually flashing it at the moment... I hope I won't regret this..
... but somebody has to try..

Last edited:

sparcle

Oct 1, 2005
Hi,

Can you tell us how you flashed it ? From bootloader results in a CRC/Certificate error.. Using pdocwrite (modified from PDAMobiz) resulted in a somewhat delayed write error here.. So what did I miss ?

worked with small error, reset works perfect now
I need to upload pics but not allowed here..

eddie2k3

Apr 16, 2007
london
Hi,

Can you tell us how you flashed it ? From bootloader results in a CRC/Certificate error.. Using pdocwrite (modified from PDAMobiz) resulted in a somewhat delayed write error here.. So what did I miss ?

press voice command button and press reset -colour bars - loaded success
then used ARTE from FTP site, copied os.nb to arte folder and rename it to windows.nb -run upgraderom.bat.

sparcle

Oct 1, 2005
Update:

Never mind. Figured it out..

--
Hi,

What file exactly do you mean (filename pls) ? I only know of the PDAMobiz roms which are installed using a batch file.. The only ARTE I know if the official Dopod firmware update but it doesn't come with a batch file..

press voice command button and press reset -colour bars - loaded success
then used ARTE from FTP site, copied os.nb to arte folder and rename it to windows.nb -run upgraderom.bat.

Last edited:

eddie2k3

Apr 16, 2007
london
Hi,

What file exactly do you mean (filename pls) ? I only know of the PDAMobiz roms which are installed using a batch file.. The only ARTE I know if the official Dopod firmware update but it doesn't come with a batch file..

is your device orbit ?
is it cid-unlocked ?

then use winrar to unpack the (bepe) wm6 wwe rom in this page (written in red). flashed using bootloader method.

after u get german rom installed , run ARTE os flash utility from xda ftp.
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Uploads/Artemis/arte.zip unpack

copy os.nb from first folder (bepe) wwe rom to arte folder and rename os.nb to windows.nb then run UpgradeRom.bat

hard reset, soft reset done.

Last edited:

sparcle

Oct 1, 2005
Requires a reset here since the os.nb/windows.nb update never finishes visually.. After that it works fine (after the reset needed during the missing bmp when customization attempts to start), exactly as you described.. Works great :)

For those wondering.. Works fine under Vista (32 bit version).. No idea about 64 bit version.

is your device orbit ?
is it cid-unlocked ?

then use winrar to unpack the (bepe) wm6 wwe rom in this page (written in red). flashed using bootloader method.

after u get german rom installed , run ARTE os flash utility from xda ftp (log in properly) link don't work if not logon properly..

ftp://ftp.xda-developers.com/Uploads/Artemis/arte.zip unpack

copy os.nb from first folder (bepe) wwe rom to arte folder and rename os.nb to windows.nb then run UpgradeRom.bat

rvbcrs

Retired Moderator
Jan 28, 2005
Zutphen
una.ramonvanbruggen.nl
I tried to flash it yesterday with the updaterom.bat file and it just stayed copying to my phone so I thought it did not work, but after killing the process after 25 min and resetting my phone I had WWE WM6 on my Artemis, still I think it is strange that pdocwrite never finishes. Apart from that great ROM some minor issues..

skakers

Mar 4, 2007
Cant download full ROM, only 24 M and stop, tried few times. Can someone upload to different place. Please!!

Registerme

May 20, 2007

zaizaihn

Apr 20, 2006
is your device orbit ?
is it cid-unlocked ?

after u get german rom installed , run ARTE os flash utility from xda ftp (log in properly) link don't work if not logon properly..

ftp://ftp.xda-developers.com/Uploads/Artemis/arte.zip unpack

Why i can't download form this link? I saw that: " 530 Permission denied". Pls tell me why? I want to use English. Thanks!

bepe

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2005
Munich
bepe, can you tell me how much free RAM you have? I hope that you have more than 30 MB by removing all the O2 stuff. I never had more than 30 MB after a hard reset and some of my apps need 30 but I have only 20 now.
I dont have the device... but I asked someone for some screencaptures

I was wondering if the apps e.g. windows live messenger are still in German?
It really is a WWE rom... I replaced all German files and rebuilded (not edited!) the Registry based on the WWE packages. The screencaptures will prove it :D

Registerme

May 20, 2007
I suppose you really know how to do this stuff. Can you tell me which tools I need for "cookin" my own ROM? I'd like to have it in German and with my own Ext ROM, maybe I can get rid of some apps that waste my RAM. I only need the names of the tools, I'd guess they are on the xda-dev ftp server. And how do I extract the ROM from the installation file? In your signature you have a nice GUI for the Hermes stuff, is it the same for the Artemis. If you want you can send me a short PM in German.

By the way, the link should be: ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Uploads/Artemis/arte.zip thats what people say about error 530

Last edited: