syrius Goodies! (edit: Touchflo2D related)

Search This thread

Liquidice

Feb 15, 2008
//edit: I edited the Topic name so that all people using TouchFlo2D rather than only people using udKsyrius come and check this out. Most of the skins that are released/going to be released are actually more TF2D related than syrius.//

First off, I want to thank udK for the great rom. It has its flaws but Im sure you will fix this. Anyway, I wanted to contribute to this beautiful design so I made an image and an animation for the boot sequence that match the syrius look, the last "WM61" image is vista inspired. Hopefully udK will use the "udKsyrius.bmp" in ROMUpdateUtility in his future syrius roms, no offence. The .zip is attached at the bottom of this post.

Note: The preview is here to give an idea of the sequence and is not like the real thing which is a bit faster and better.
-----
I do not take responsibility for anything that might go wrong during the following steps. I had no problems trying this out and neither should you.

1. Extract the all files.

2. Connect your Polaris to the PC.

3. copy files "WM61.png" and "syrAnimated.gif" to "\windows\" directory

4. Use a registry editor (like PHM registry editor) and modify the following keys:

(a) "\HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCAnimation\StartupGif\" to "\Windows\syrAnimated.gif"
(b) "\HKLM\Software\HTC\StartupAnimation\GIFFile\" to "\Windows\syrAnimated.gif"

(not sure what the difference between (a) and (b) is but when I only changed one of them, can't remember which one, the animation was not updated)

(c) "\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Splash Screen\MSBitmap\ to "\Windows\WM61.png"
(d) "\HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Splash Screen\CarrierBitmap\ keep? "\Windows\welcomehead96.png"

(not sure what this last one (d) does, doesnt seem to do anything in the syrius r0 rls. I did not change this key)

5. Last but not least you open the "ROMUpdateUtility" folder and flash your Polaris with the "ROMUpdateUtility.exe".
(note: even though this is a very simple step you should not do it if you are not familiar with flashing ROMs.)

Password:
liquidice
-----

Also, I have an iContact and a S2U2 design in the same look as Touchflo2D and then an, in my opinion, visual improvement to the TF2D digital clock. All this will be given to you in the next couple of days. Dont hesitate to suggest other apps where the TF2D look can be applied. If this is a program that is popular or I could find usefull then I would be happy to make a skin.

Attachments

• syriusSplash_by_Liquidice.zip
    940.8 KB · Views: 132
  • syriusDclock_by_Liquidice.zip
    80.6 KB · Views: 109
  • syriusiContact_by_Liquidice.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Liquidice

Feb 15, 2008
26sept 2008
Touchflo2D digital clock improved looks with whiter digits.
(note: zip is attached to first post)

Default (L) vs ice-digits (R)

In the default version of the digital clock all the images are transparent but in the ice-digits the numbers and the colon is non-transparent making them whiter. Since I dont use the AM/PM image I left it as it is, also it can be a nice look to have it a bit transparent while the numbers are white. I used the same font so there should be no other difference in looks other than the ice-digits being whiter and because its in a zip file you can combine it to your own liking having the colon transparent if you want.

-----
I do not take responsibility for anything that might go wrong during the following steps. I had no problems trying this out and neither should you.

1. Extract the files.

3. Copy file "hh_hm_colon.png" and files "hh_hm_digit_X.png" (note X=every number) from "ice-digits" to "\windows\"

(If you want to go back to the default look do step 2. and 3. but use the files from the default folder)

Password:
liquidice
-----

26sept 2008
iContact (v0.8 - supware.net) skin inspired by Touchflo2D
(note: zip is attached to first post)

All people view (L) and Contact view (R)

I let the pictures speak for themselves...

-----

0. Download and install iContact by searching this forum...
(note: this skin was designed for "iContact v0.8 - supware.net"

1. Extract the files.

3. copy files "syrius.png" and "syrius.skn" to "\Program Files\iContact" directory

4. Start the iContact settings on your Polaris and set skin to "syrius".

Password:
liquidice
-----

S2U2 skin coming soon...

Last edited:

kartus

May 13, 2007
Nice initiative!
I am trying to get t9 in other languages with a cab specifically for syrius. My first goal is Dutch, but other languages should be easy once I got one working. But I have some difficulties, for instance the shareware version of wince cab manager doesn't support importing of reg files. Are there programs better capable of handling cab files? I don't find it worth 100 bucks...
The cab I'm working on is based on the Modaco multilanguage pack. It got all the kdb files needed, I just need to get the registry changed correctly...

maaafeb05

Jun 9, 2008
Dhahran
Nice initiative!
I am trying to get t9 in other languages with a cab specifically for syrius. My first goal is Dutch, but other languages should be easy once I got one working. But I have some difficulties, for instance the shareware version of wince cab manager doesn't support importing of reg files. Are there programs better capable of handling cab files? I don't find it worth 100 bucks...
The cab I'm working on is based on the Modaco multilanguage pack. It got all the kdb files needed, I just need to get the registry changed correctly...

Can you make one for Arabic support? Would be appreciate it !!!

Liquidice

Feb 15, 2008
Nice initiative!

Ok man, but I dont know very much about that kind of stuff. I have designs and skinning as a hobby and in that field ask me anything, but other than that I dont know very much. Al I can say about your issue is that I tried a swedish t9 and now none of the t9s work but I dont think that is any help at all...

kartus

May 13, 2007
I got different languages working on different roms other than syrius, but the strange thing is that because of the differences between the roms there isn't a global solution. First I have to get it to work with syrius and then I'm going to make cabs for different versions.

It's going to take some time, I have to do it in my spare time :(

Liquidice

Feb 15, 2008
A total of 142 downloads but only a few comments...
I guess this is going to sound kind of pathetic but I want som friggin feedback... I dont see the point of releasing anymore of these skins if theres barely any reaction to it.

Peace!

gin7

Feb 23, 2008
iContact Theme

A total of 142 downloads but only a few comments...
I guess this is going to sound kind of pathetic but I want som friggin feedback... I dont see the point of releasing anymore of these skins if theres barely any reaction to it.

Peace!

Here it is - my critical comment. )

I`d downloaded and installed theme for iContact and dicovered a problem on Sirius R0 - that bottom butts are not skinned, they are workin fine but with incorrect images above.

(when i`ll know how to attach pictures i would place the screnncapture with the bug)

Vannjjaa

Feb 25, 2008
Liquidice, what verision of iContact do you use? Coz your skin doesn't work with iContact Burt Edition.
Nice skinz, thank you! Waiting for further customization.

Liquidice

Feb 15, 2008
Liquidice, what verision of iContact do you use? Coz your skin doesn't work with iContact Burt Edition.
Nice skinz, thank you! Waiting for further customization.

Thx, mate.
Im using "iContact v0.8 - supware.net" and as far as I know this is the only version Its been tried on.
(added to first post)

btw. Whats different in Burts edition, is it better than v0.8?
Should I maybe do a skin for that one?

Last edited:

SomethingWicked

Jan 14, 2007
A small town in Oklahoma
liquidice, your clock fix was well received! thank you!

i use itje's touch-it 3.5 rom, and installed icontact 0.8 and applied your skin and clock fix and all work fabulously! kudos!

Last edited: