Xposed for android 4.4.4 not working anymore + FIX

Search This thread

robuser007

Jan 7, 2010
Last edited:

Spott07

Jun 14, 2015
Idaho
Can anyone update xposed for the new security fixes found in newer android 4.4.4 builds ?

@rovo89 : can you update it please?

What devices and ROMs are you using that have these problems, and what is in the error logs and logcat?

Without this information, no one can help you, not even rovo89 himself.

Also, have you searched the forum to see if others have this issue and what's been learned about it?

G

GuestK00195

It's Samsung Galaxy S3 with Cyanogenmod 11 official! I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer. Maybe my english isn't good enough

Attachments

• 1447640477954.jpg
    1447640477954.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 9,572

nbishdev

Nov 28, 2013
My device is Motorola RAZR XT910, with a TI OMAP4 ARMv7-A SoC.
Right now, I am on an Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4) ROM which contains the latest security fixes for the Stagefright vulnerability and was built on November 15. When I try to install Xposed framework, using the latest official stable installer from Xposed Repo, I get an the following error: "Xposed is not (yet) compatible with Android SDK version 19 or your processor architecture (armeabi-v7a)".
When I was on the latest Official CyanogenMod 11 ROM for my device, that was built back on September 1st, Xposed would install and work properly on it, withour any troubles / warnings / errors. Now, I just want to use the latest build that has me protected against Stagefright but I can not install Xposed framework on it at all.
@rovo89 Is there / will there be any fix for this issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-16-04-16-39.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-16-04-16-39.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 6,367
Last edited:

buzzmarz

Oct 23, 2009
Yes, i got the same error message when I updated my Redmi 1S to the newest CM11.
I tried to search in MIUI forum but the answer only for MIUI OS.
I tried the patch for my Redmi 1S, it gave me bootloop.
Are there any explanation for this?
Thanks

derf elot

May 7, 2011
Well, of course it's meant to be a temporary workaround, until (hopefully) rovo89 will have the time to fix this, if possible. If you heavily rely on Xposed it's better than nothing.

With the link to the commit, I just wanted to help to point out where the problem comes from in order to maybe get a permanent solution.

:)

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
Well, of course it's meant to be a temporary workaround, until (hopefully) rovo89 will have the time to fix this, if possible. If you heavily rely on Xposed it's better than nothing.

With the link to the commit, I just wanted to help to point out where the problem comes from in order to maybe get a permanent solution.

:)
rovo it's not going to fix anything on kk, it's been done, too old. He's working on M and somewhat supporting L, so no luck with older builds.

G

GuestK00195

Thank you. I tried it and. Yes it works. Xposed working :)

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:34 ----------

rovo it's not going to fix anything on kk, it's been done, too old. He's working on M and somewhat supporting L, so no luck with older builds.

Can you look into his head or what?

derf elot

May 7, 2011
Feel free to try the zip I posted here. Make a backup first. Normally re-flashing your ROM should solve any issues, but you never know.

Reactions: nussbaum

Ohmster

Sep 5, 2011
Pompano Beach
Xposed dead in latest CM11 *Unofficial* rom

Same thing with cm11 latest release with security patches for stage fright. Although the rom is listed as "Unofficial", it comes from THE Official cm11 OMAP 4 developer. Only listed unofficial because CM has not caught up with the developer. Xposed Framework does not work anymore on Android 4.4.4 See attached screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-16-01-10-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-16-01-10-08.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,824
  • Screenshot_2015-11-16-13-02-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-16-13-02-33.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,809
G

GuestK00195

Same thing with cm11 latest release with security patches for stage fright. Although the rom is listed as "Unofficial", it comes from THE Official cm11 OMAP 4 developer. Only listed unofficial because CM has not caught up with the developer. Xposed Framework does not work anymore on Android 4.4.4 See attached screenshots.

You just posted what some other guys posted before you...

And if you would read the thread then you would know there is an update.zip for this problem! With this, Xposed is working without problems!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    first of all excuse me please for my English.

I made fixes for compatibility with latest sources of Android 4.4.*, so it works now fine on my son Redmi NOTE 3G.
    Now you doesn't need to replace any files in you ROM. It works with latest app_process and libandroid_runtime.so
    (Unfortunately I can't find official sources of Xposed v58 on rovo89 github, so I used this fork mikukon/Xposed (I can't post links) which also provide v58 of Xposed)

I only replace app_process_xposed_sdk16 file with my version in official Xposed Installer v2.6.1, nothing else changed.

Best regards,
    SolarWarez.
    Can anyone update xposed to work with the new security fixes applied to newer android 4.4.4 builds ?

New fix: Install the apk file found here:
    Http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64063168&postcount=62

edit: old fix:
    read the attachment txt file and copy two files from an older build for your device to those folders (/system/lib & (/system/bin)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63864337&postcount=35
    February 25th, 2017 update
    I finally built a libdvm.so file which fixes those CM 11 bootloops caused by November 2016 security patch (with Xposed installed) :cool:

Requirements
    * Xposed installed with the APK from SolarWarez

Downloads

ARMv7 NEON libdvm.so: http://jenkins.sostk.com/job/KYLEPROXX_XPOSEDKKFIX/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/libdvm-armv7neon.so

ARMv6 libdvm.so: http://jenkins.sostk.com/job/KYLEPROXX_XPOSEDKKFIX/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/libdvm-armv6.so

x86 libdvm.so: Not yet (Someone, please give a list of x86 devices that run CM 11 with November 2016 security patch)
    Same problem with bootloop, rom is Slim-espressowifi-4.4.4.build.9.4-UNOFFICIAL-20170118-1928
    Can you give me a logcat?

EDIT: Not needed anymore
    Instructions: Install Xposed with that APK that I provided, but reboot into TWRP rather than Android and push this library to your Android tablet: http://jenkins.sostk.com/job/KYLEPROXX_XPOSEDKKFIX/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/libdvm-armv7neon.so

How can you push that library to your Android tablet?
    Well, it's complicated, but I'll make this process easy with a flashable ZIP

Hard way:
    (Note: It requires a Windows PC)
    1. Setup ADB using this guide: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-t...tboot-with-drivers-on-windows-quickest-setup/
    2. Now, hold Left Shift button and right click on your desktop (release Left Shift button now) and click "Open command window here"
    3. Now, plug in your Android tablet to your PC (while your Android tablet is in TWRP main menu) and on your Android tablet, click Mount, tick "System" box and go back to TWRP's main menu
    4. Now, drag that library you downloaded to your desktop and rename it to libdvm.so or to libdvm if you don't see file extension for that file and in Command Prompt window that opened, type "adb push libdvm.so /system/lib" (without quotes) and press Enter (and wait for the command to complete)
    5. Now, in Command Prompt type "adb shell" (without quotes) and press Enter (and wait for the command to complete), type "chmod 644 /system/lib/libdvm.so" (without quotes) and press Enter (and wait for the command to complete) and type "chown 0:0 /system/lib/libdvm.so" (without quotes) and press Enter (and wait for the command to complete)
    6. Now, type "exit" and press Enter (and wait for the command to complete)
    7. Now, you can close Command Prompt window, unplug USB cable from your Android tablet and PC and reboot it to Android
    FYI, I believe this commit is causing the problems:

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/118800/

Replacing /system/bin/app_process and /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so from previous CM builds will allow the framework to be installed without problems.