[ROM] Hammerhead Nougat ROMS Not Listed On XDA

Search This thread

mobile_sensei

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2011
Washington DC
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 10 Pro
I Will Try To Keep A List Of Android N ROMS For Nexus 5 Hammerhead Updated Here To Make It Easy For Nexus 5 Owners To Find Alternative ROMS Not Found Here On XDA or are hard to find. If Anyone Finds Other Builds Not Found On XDA Please Comment Below Or Send Me A Link Via PM, Thanks.

LOS 14.1 7.1.2 HammerheadCAF

LiquidDark ROM

SAOSP ROM

AOSP 7.1.2

Unlegacy Android Project

Screw'd AOSP - 7.1.1

EVERVOLV - 7.1.1

BELTZ ROM - 7.1.1

AICP ROM - 7.1.1

AOKP ROM - 7.1.1

SLIM ROM - 7.1.1

KREXUS - 7.1.1 DOWNLOAD

DIRTY UNICORNS - 7.1.1

Last edited:

mobile_sensei

Jan 18, 2011
Washington DC
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 10 Pro
AICP

AICP is working great. I installed the Coalfield Theme & made a matching wallpaper.
28lrklt.png

prateektaneja

Jul 10, 2014

prateektaneja

Jul 10, 2014
Slim 7 has its own thread already. Its in the Original Android Development section: https://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/orig-development/hammerhead-slim6-alpha-0-1-t3400412

Do you know why AICP, AOKP and DU haven't started an XDA thread? If they want more people to use their roms, isn't this the best place to showcase them?

DU has some issues with the way XDA works. They won't even allow an unofficial thread to be created for their official builds. They threaten to drop support for the device. They've got their own forum, "Dev-Base" where a lot of ROMs are hosted that are not found on XDA. You can check them out.

mobile_sensei

Jan 18, 2011
Washington DC
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 10 Pro
Everyone will have their own opinion when asked what ROM is best for our beloved Nexus 5, I've tried every Android N build for hammerhead that I can find. I've kept notes, performed benchmark tests, kept battery stats, etc. I've tried to be as neutral & thorough as possible, and for me personally the best ROM is AICP. It's been consistently stable with everything working just as it should. I've gotten the best performance and battery life yet. AOKP is a strong 2nd, but AICP has more features and is very well thought out. I've been using AICP as a daily driver for several days now and have had zero problems. I use it just as it comes with the provided kernel. The only modification is using the Coalfield theme via Substratum. I've been well pleased with this ROM in every area. If I were asked to rank the top 5 ROMs for this device, it would be: #1 - AICP #2 - AOKP #3 - Dark ROM #4 - Oct OS #5 - Pure Nexus

Phenomzye

Jan 17, 2013
Santiago
osu.ppy.sh
Slim 7 has its own thread already. Its in the Original Android Development section: https://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/orig-development/hammerhead-slim6-alpha-0-1-t3400412

Do you know why AICP, AOKP and DU haven't started an XDA thread? If they want more people to use their roms, isn't this the best place to showcase them?

I think it's because they don't have a mantainer for the N5 here in xda, I think I did read that somewhere.
Anyways it's an amazing ROM, it's my daily driver and couldn't be happier with it, recommended to everyone here :D

Reactions: mobile_sensei

Rezei

Dec 30, 2015
I'm testing it, so far very fast, smooth and stable ROM with good battery backup. It's pure AOSP ROM, I mean without any Pixel stuff. It has also many interesting custom features :) in fact it's hard for me to compare it to something else :p

About the same as RR or less?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I Will Try To Keep A List Of Android N ROMS For Nexus 5 Hammerhead Updated Here To Make It Easy For Nexus 5 Owners To Find Alternative ROMS Not Found Here On XDA or are hard to find. If Anyone Finds Other Builds Not Found On XDA Please Comment Below Or Send Me A Link Via PM, Thanks.

LOS 14.1 7.1.2 HammerheadCAF

LiquidDark ROM

SAOSP ROM

AOSP 7.1.2

Unlegacy Android Project

Screw'd AOSP - 7.1.1

EVERVOLV - 7.1.1

BELTZ ROM - 7.1.1

AICP ROM - 7.1.1

AOKP ROM - 7.1.1

SLIM ROM - 7.1.1

KREXUS - 7.1.1 DOWNLOAD

DIRTY UNICORNS - 7.1.1
    Everyone will have their own opinion when asked what ROM is best for our beloved Nexus 5, I've tried every Android N build for hammerhead that I can find. I've kept notes, performed benchmark tests, kept battery stats, etc. I've tried to be as neutral & thorough as possible, and for me personally the best ROM is AICP. It's been consistently stable with everything working just as it should. I've gotten the best performance and battery life yet. AOKP is a strong 2nd, but AICP has more features and is very well thought out. I've been using AICP as a daily driver for several days now and have had zero problems. I use it just as it comes with the provided kernel. The only modification is using the Coalfield theme via Substratum. I've been well pleased with this ROM in every area. If I were asked to rank the top 5 ROMs for this device, it would be: #1 - AICP #2 - AOKP #3 - Dark ROM #4 - Oct OS #5 - Pure Nexus
    Quick update on getting Tipsy:

Got a successful build of TipsyOS after 6+ hours of compiling, however mobile data is on the fritz! Agh!

I'm going to network a bit and see if I can solve this issue with some help, if I can figure it out, I'll share a new build with y'all. Cheers.
    Heads up abc updated to 7.1.2 if anyone interested you will need to flash rom and boot rom THEN flash gapps in recovery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Just posted an update to ABC ROM