[CLOSED][APP][FREE][Android7.0+] YouTube Downloader v8.2.2 & v9.0_beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
G

GuestK00348

Hello;
Can't a .ogg file be added to a .mp4 video? Can this feature come in future updates? Or can I convert .ogg file to .m4a file?
Best Regards. :)

xda_dentex

Aug 13, 2012
dentex.github.io
v6.7.4test02

Hello;
Can't a .ogg file be added to a .mp4 video? Can this feature come in future updates? Or can I convert .ogg file to .m4a file?
Best Regards. :)
Hi. The problem now is that I'm not seeing the ogg audio-only format anymore.

What happened to the main thread of app in XDA? There is no more there.
I was asking myself the same thing.

I came here to post about a new test version:
v6.7.4 - Oct 21 2019
-----------------------------------
[x] fix for age restricted videos (4)
[x] amoled-black and terminal-green app themes

Attachments

• dentex.youtube.downloader_v6.7.4_test02.apk
    3.9 MB · Views: 58
  • dashboard_comparison.png
    dashboard_comparison.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 386
  • gt_coll.jpg
    gt_coll.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

Semysig

Sep 13, 2019
Dl choices confuse

I dunno if this is covered somewhere here, but ive "googled" alot and can get alo the answers.
If its here, plz direct me !

1st, what the 270
360 choice on dl's I always see? Its usually a dimmer grey font than the 480 choice. Its also got no rhyme or reason in its comparative size.

Also, I dl'd some test vids and I found 480 better quality but sorta "fake" looking compared to the other. But, I was looking at old 80's mtv vids, so maybe psychology effects it :)
It also looks like there's more of a film of grey (bad white bal I think) on the 480's.

True? Am I seeing things?
Which SHOULD be better?

I assume the vid was posted in only one form, so how to you tell whats the original in YTD dl list?

Next, ogg v opus: is that the same thing? Whys it call it Opus instead of Ogg Vorbis?
What bitrates/khz does lo/med/hi Q correspond to?

Next, what better, opus/ogg or mp3 at CBR?
I been told ogg is better at over 128kbps yet smaller at that depth too.

Is YTD ripping the audio and converting it to these bitrates and formats? How do you know what it started as?

On all of the above, id rather know the original uploaded vid and audio qual and file, dl it w YTD, then store it for any possible conversation later.
I trying to rebld a life's worth of taken CDs as music vids and some singles, as well as the albums i had off bittorrent or something. For the later I gonna try to match cd qual and get all the inserts, but that's another thread...it take me longer than buying them physically in the 1st place and be less fun, but I driven to get it back. Okm more OT.

All replies welcome :)

pseudonym58

All replies welcome :)

Re/video: Depends on your viewing setup, and also on the quality of the original source material before youtube applies its compression. Trial and error on a per-video basis. In general, pick the highest resolution available if you're going to watch it on a screen larger than a cell-phone.

Re/audio: Use AO M4A Med-Q or AO Opus Hi-Q. Similar quality, but certain devices have an easier time with M4A. Don't bother with mp3, it will just be one additional encoding process to diminish the sound, even at 320k.
Where AO M4A Med-Q or AO Opus Hi-Q might not be available, use highest-resolution MP4 video available and extract audio track (without mp3 encoding).

-my 2 cents-

xda_dentex

Aug 13, 2012
dentex.github.io
Hello people,
I have a new test version; nothing special added. Just a few minor things here and there.
Basically I made it for the two guys that translated the app into Kurdish and Thai at https://crowdin.com/project/youtubedownloader
(A big thank you to resat7447 and starwalking2017)

v6.7.4 [test10] - Nov 30 2019
[x] reverse default dashboard entries order (new on top)
[x] added Kurdish (WIP) and completed Thai translations (thanks resat7447 and starwalking2017)

(attachment removed: v6.8 available)

Last edited:

xda_dentex

Aug 13, 2012
dentex.github.io
Hello guys,
I'm posting here also the info about the new "stable" version, since we don't have the other thread anymore... years of history have been deleted without notice or a warning... but, let's spread a pitiful veil, as we say in Italy, and go on.

v6.8 - Dic 15 2019
[x] reverse default dashboard entries order (new on top)
[x] completed translations for Kurdish, Thai, Chinese, etc.
(thanks Cibranî, starwalking2017, candysweetplayzmc and all contributors @Crowdin)
[x] support for vnd.youtube links
[x] fix live events detection (thanks @openeco)

blog post at: https://dentex.github.io/blog/2019-12-15/ytd-v6-dot-8/
apk, as always, at: https://dentex.github.io/files/apk/latest/dentex.youtube.downloader.apk

pseudonym58

Thank you for your efforts!
I am trying to contribute through PayPal, but there seems to be a problem with making donations. Does anyone know if Paypal has changed their policies with regard to donation-payments (possibly only when USA is origin)?

EDIT: Sending directly to your email address as listed works. I think the problem has something to do with donations in particular.

Last edited:
Reactions: xda_dentex

xda_dentex

Aug 13, 2012
dentex.github.io
Thank you for your efforts!
I am trying to contribute through PayPal, but there seems to be a problem with making donations. Does anyone know if Paypal has changed their policies with regard to donation-payments (possibly only when USA is origin)?

EDIT: Sending directly to your email address as listed works. I think the problem has something to do with donations in particular.
Hello @pseudonym58 thanks for your support.

This is the second report in regards to the donation link on the app (it's a paypal.me link). I suppose I have to take a closer look, just in case it's not a coincidence.
Thanks, bye

Reactions: DiamondJohn

mascondante

Nov 25, 2012
Western NC
Changing from dark theme to AMOLED Black only doesn't seem to do much for the dashboard screen. I can see black in the background but the list itself and the top bar looks like the dark theme.

Last edited:

xda_dentex

Aug 13, 2012
dentex.github.io
It's not just your donation link @xda_dentex, I experienced a similar problem when I attempted to donate to another developer, also in the EU. Perhaps it's worth reading the PayPal contractual fine print as regards donations. But I don't blame you if you don't have the patience for it! :)
Yep, I really need to take a look at this. Thanks for the report.
Changing from dark theme to AMOLED Black only doesn't seem to do much for the dashboard screen. I can see black in the background but the list itself and the top bar looks like the dark theme.
Well not exactly the same. I'm attaching a comparison I made some time ago.IMG_20191219_081552_559.jpg

Reactions: coolhof and rjm831

pseudonym58

Starting today, after downloading m4a files, I am left with these stubs (?) in the same folder. I don't know if it's related, but the download process is also less smooth, and seems to stall at points, indicating that the file is queued.
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191227-120730.png
    Screenshot_20191227-120730.png
    140.8 KB · Views: 96

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Starting today, after downloading m4a files, I am left with these stubs (?) in the same folder. I don't know if it's related, but the download process is also less smooth, and seems to stall at points, indicating that the file is queued.
Thanks
Did your device enter doze during the process? Test if the same happens when you force the device being awake during downloads eg caffeine.

pseudonym58

Did your device enter doze during the process? Test if the same happens when you force the device being awake during downloads eg caffeine.

The phone did not have time to enter doze, or even darken the screen, but I think the problem might have been a transient one, having to do with the particular WiFi I was connected to. Trying again just now, on a different WiFi connection, everything proceeds smoothly as expected.
So, thanks anyway, but fortunately it was a false alarm.

herlgl

Jul 31, 2016
I got 6.6.2 installed and wanted to update to the newest version. I downloaded the apk and got to the dialog where it asks me if I want to update and I can click "Install". It then fails without errors and says "app was not installed".
MIUI 10.5, Android 9.
Is there a log anywhere? I have full root access.

I read this on your site:
> If the “install” button is not working, temporary disable apps as Halo, Screenfilter, Twilight, LastPass password manager or anything similar (apps that do “draw on other apps”);
But I don't think I have any such app (and the "install" button does 'work' in the sense of it doing something - no idea if you actually meant that it does not do anything?).

rjm831

Apr 3, 2016
Santa Cruz
I got 6.6.2 installed and wanted to update to the newest version. I downloaded the apk and got to the dialog where it asks me if I want to update and I can click "Install". It then fails without errors and says "app was not installed".
MIUI 10.5, Android 9.
Is there a log anywhere? I have full root access.

I read this on your site:
> If the “install” button is not working, temporary disable apps as Halo, Screenfilter, Twilight, LastPass password manager or anything similar (apps that do “draw on other apps”);
But I don't think I have any such app (and the "install" button does 'work' in the sense of it doing something - no idea if you actually meant that it does not do anything?).
Try doing a fresh installation rather than an update. The app should install fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts