Multitasking/RAM

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
You're busy and don't have time to wait, which is why you need to stop reading this thread and get back to organizing your Pogs. Rate this thread to express how the OnePlus 7 Pro performs when multitasking. A higher rating indicates that the OnePlus 7 Pro keeps many apps in memory so that they don't need to reload, and that when moving between apps, transitions are smooth and performance is excellent.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Reactions: iamMG

Bintang Krisna

Dec 23, 2016
Oneplus set the
fw.bg.apps to 60 (32 previously)
So,you will have the same amount of max apps in memory (OP3,5,6,7)

All services counted.
Gotta disable few Oneplus app like oem log etc to get the most out of your Multitasking experience.
If not,editing that build prop line will get the job done.

Arden144

Nov 1, 2017
Oneplus set the
fw.bg.apps to 60 (32 previously)
So,you will have the same amount of max apps in memory (OP3,5,6,7)

All services counted.
Gotta disable few Oneplus app like oem log etc to get the most out of your Multitasking experience.
If not,editing that build prop line will get the job done.

Are you saying the prop is set to 60 or 32 out of the box? And which should it be set to?

zanderzone

Sep 14, 2011
This is called "ro.vendor.qti.sys.fw.bg_apps_limit" in PIE and this is set to 60. Frankly, just setting this to 60 doesn't make much difference to multitasking as I was experiencing pretty hideous multitasking with my OP6T and tried everything including build.prop edit.
In OP7 pro however, multitasking has been excellent so far. Apps keep in memory for a long time and do not reload. I am using 8 Gig version.

Reactions: neonixxx

Jornwitt

Sep 22, 2016
OnePlus 7 Pro
My ram management is terrible on the 1+7pro 6GB ram model. I can't even keep more than 6-7 regular apps open without app refresh. I know it's 'only' 6GB but than I think ... Come on it's 6GB ram this is ridiculous.

Reactions: solid.snake

dephsone

Jul 26, 2013
Debrecen
My ram management is terrible on the 1+7pro 6GB ram model. I can't even keep more than 6-7 regular apps open without app refresh. I know it's 'only' 6GB but than I think ... Come on it's 6GB ram this is ridiculous.
Same for me, 3 or 4 apps can't stay in the memory.
My Note 8 keeps 8-10 apps in the memory and it has 6GB RAM too.
Very poor RAM management on the 7 Pro.

Jornwitt

Sep 22, 2016
OnePlus 7 Pro

I found a solution! I disabled adaptive battery, disabled ram boost and rebooted the phone. Now the ram management is much much better!

Seems to be aggressive power management which closes the apps. I also read it's a problem with pie in general.

Let me know if it helps! :)

GQJ

Jul 24, 2012
I found a solution! I disabled adaptive battery, disabled ram boost and rebooted the phone. Now the ram management is much much better!

Seems to be aggressive power management which closes the apps. I also read it's a problem with pie in general.

How many apps can you keep in memory now?

Oospython

Sep 1, 2019
Pretty much using this much ram all the time. Never less than 5gb. Even when I close all recent apps. Not sure why this phone uses so much ram. Anybody else with 6gb or 8 want to download CCleaner and post their ram right after recent app close?

UdfbR9w_d.jpg

Last edited:

Raven_999

Mar 14, 2016
Pretty much using this much ram all the time. Never less than 5gb. Even when I close all recent apps. Not sure why this phone uses so much ram. Anybody else with 6gb or 8 want to download CCleaner and post their ram right after recent app close?

Are you using "Normal clear"or "Deep clear" in Settings->System->Recent app management?
Also disable "RAM Boost" and use "Deep clear" and see if there's any change

Martiaan

Nov 7, 2010

I Have to try disable the ram booster. Sounds stupid to clear apps from ram. My use rarely goes above 4,2gb so the ram management of my 8gb 7 pro is horrible. Why the phone dont just put the apps to deep sleep and keep them in ram is beyond me.

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:57 ----------

UdfbR9w_d.jpg

Why do you even wanna clear the ram? Could just be cache and gets cleaned when something active needs ram.

schorrie

Jun 22, 2019
I usually.never get above 3.5 or 4, but i run a lot of apps at that moment...

I also have the ram booster and adaptive battery off, but besides that i installed the EX Kernel and debloated my system using tomatot's script...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You're busy and don't have time to wait, which is why you need to stop reading this thread and get back to organizing your Pogs. Rate this thread to express how the OnePlus 7 Pro performs when multitasking. A higher rating indicates that the OnePlus 7 Pro keeps many apps in memory so that they don't need to reload, and that when moving between apps, transitions are smooth and performance is excellent.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    This is called "ro.vendor.qti.sys.fw.bg_apps_limit" in PIE and this is set to 60. Frankly, just setting this to 60 doesn't make much difference to multitasking as I was experiencing pretty hideous multitasking with my OP6T and tried everything including build.prop edit.
    In OP7 pro however, multitasking has been excellent so far. Apps keep in memory for a long time and do not reload. I am using 8 Gig version.
    Never had a problem with Ram having the 12GB model