Installing The Xposed Framwork Without root!

How to install Xposed Without Root?

• Why Need to root to do anything on android?

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • Why Google don't push the SU binary?

Votes: 21 63.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Dalgorix

Jul 20, 2013
Samsung Galaxy A8s
Moto E (2020)
Hello guys!!

I just had found a way to install the xposed framwork without have to root the device!

This is usefull if your devices is unrootable or if you don't want to root your device!

If it will not work for you, pm me and tell me what kind of device you had trying, the Android build version and finally the kernel version of the device.
How it work;
On some device (before the version 5.0 of Android{until I found another way to push this unthetered}) you can mount the system partition as read/write (WR) and add files or folder inside, but if you're Android device have a "locked bootloader", it's can make fails the process.

What your need ;

1. The Busybox binary compatible with your kind of devices (armv6, armv7...)

2. The Xposed apk installed on your devices

3. Android 4.0.1 to 4.4.4 (for the moment)

4. A computer

5. ADB installed

To begin, open your terminal (CMD on windows)
connect your device to you're computer with USB.

Type these commands;

adb wait-for-device

adb shell "cd /data/local && mkdir tmp"

adb shell "cd /data/local/tmp/ && rm *"

adb push /WHERE/IS/THE/BUSYBOX/FILE/busybox /data/local/tmp/

adb shell chmod 775 /data/local/tmp/busybox

adb shell /data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o remount,rw /system

adb shell /data/local/tmp/busybox cp -a /system/bin/app_process /system/bin/app_process.orig

adb shell /data/local/tmp/busybox cp /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/bin/app_process /system/bin/app_process

adb shell /data/local/tmp/busybox chown 0:2000 /system/bin/app_process

adb shell /data/local/tmp/busybox chmod 0755 /system/bin/app_process

adb shell reboot system

For the moment this is only compatible with androis 4.0.1 to 4.4.4.... I work for above version!
Tested and work on:
SAMSUNG Galaxy Exibith 4g Stock Rom 4.1.2
SAMSUNG Galaxy Exibith 4g custom unrooted Rom Slim 4.1.2
Sony Xperia ion Lt28h stock rom 4.4.2
Sony Xperia Arc stock rom 4.2.2
Htc desire 601 stock ROM 4.4.4

(Edit: At this moment I had found a way to install xposed framework to 5.0->6.1.1 but if your reboot you lost all and on some device (like my Samsung S6 Edge+) you stuck on a bootloop or (like my S7 edge (on 6.1)) you get a soft break.. I take my freetime to find this, but with my school that going start soon, I will be not very free to find exploit... 23/8/2017:10h32AM)

#I'm not responsable for any brick or anything in your life or anyone else! !#

Credits To:
Erik Andersen (For The busybox binary)
Rovo89 (for xposed)

Proof Of Concept
0l8mH9M.png

lK6GWgy.jpg

IF YOU WANT SHARE MY WORK, ADD A MY USERNAME AND/OR THE LINK TO THIS FORUM AND/OR THE LINK OF MY PROFIL XDA AND/OR ALL OF UPPER
AND PLS TELL ME IF YOU WANT TO DO!

Attachments

• busybox.zip
    571.2 KB · Views: 3,467
Last edited:

Dalgorix

Jul 20, 2013
Samsung Galaxy A8s
Moto E (2020)
When it push on thé sandbox (/data/local/tmp) and make like executable, it work. The fonction "mount -o remount,rw /system" put the system partition in read/write mode... My brother wanted Xposed for some tweak but hhe hate root (i dont know why) and hé uses Xposed freely like me with all of m'y rooted device...
This is sure not all fonction of busybox work fine but its do the job.

Dalgorix

Jul 20, 2013
Samsung Galaxy A8s
Moto E (2020)
Does busybox function without root? I didn't think so.
When it push on thé sandbox (/data/local/tmp) and make like executable, it work. The fonction "mount -o remount,rw /system" put the system partition in read/write mode... My brother wanted Xposed for some tweak but hhe hate root (i dont know why) and hé uses Xposed freely like me with all of m'y rooted device...
This is sure not all fonction of busybox work fine but its do the job.

regi54

Dec 28, 2008
Just try it but the commande adb shell /data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o remount,rw /system return "mount: mounting /dev/block/dm-0 on /system failed: Permission denied"

Amal Sajeevan

May 3, 2017
i got the same error..can anyone help me!?

when i gave the command adb shell /data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
and errror displayed was :- mounting /dev/block/dm-0 on /system failed: Permission denied

I am trying to install it on Xperia ray ST19i ICS 4.0.4 stock rom rooted plus busyboxed but no external sdcard(Xperia has no internal sd)....anyway to install xposed without external sd? I tried above method but there was no "app_process" inside /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/bin/????
Could u please upload that file? Thanks
Btw is the md5 hash for app_process inside /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/bin/ is F031F72B9649EF431272672CA692F7A3 ?
Thanks

Last edited:

jayeshshah12

Nov 5, 2017
Need Help

i have device with adb root permission so i dont have any need to install busybox because i can remount copy remove files from system using adb
so i want to know that only app process is need to be replaced with xposed app process or any other file is also needed to be replaced
as framework is also there so i need help please help me
i am on kitkat 4.4.3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys!!

I just had found a way to install the xposed framwork without have to root the device!

This is usefull if your devices is unrootable or if you don't want to root your device!

If it will not work for you, pm me and tell me what kind of device you had trying, the Android build version and finally the kernel version of the device.
    How it work;
    On some device (before the version 5.0 of Android{until I found another way to push this unthetered}) you can mount the system partition as read/write (WR) and add files or folder inside, but if you're Android device have a "locked bootloader", it's can make fails the process.

What your need ;

1. The Busybox binary compatible with your kind of devices (armv6, armv7...)

2. The Xposed apk installed on your devices

3. Android 4.0.1 to 4.4.4 (for the moment)

4. A computer

5. ADB installed

To begin, open your terminal (CMD on windows)
    connect your device to you're computer with USB.

Type these commands;

adb wait-for-device

adb shell "cd /data/local && mkdir tmp"

adb shell "cd /data/local/tmp/ && rm *"

adb push /WHERE/IS/THE/BUSYBOX/FILE/busybox /data/local/tmp/

adb shell chmod 775 /data/local/tmp/busybox

adb shell /data/local/tmp/busybox mount -o remount,rw /system

adb shell /data/local/tmp/busybox cp -a /system/bin/app_process /system/bin/app_process.orig

adb shell /data/local/tmp/busybox cp /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/bin/app_process /system/bin/app_process

adb shell /data/local/tmp/busybox chown 0:2000 /system/bin/app_process

adb shell /data/local/tmp/busybox chmod 0755 /system/bin/app_process

adb shell reboot system

For the moment this is only compatible with androis 4.0.1 to 4.4.4.... I work for above version!
    Tested and work on:
    SAMSUNG Galaxy Exibith 4g Stock Rom 4.1.2
    SAMSUNG Galaxy Exibith 4g custom unrooted Rom Slim 4.1.2
    Sony Xperia ion Lt28h stock rom 4.4.2
    Sony Xperia Arc stock rom 4.2.2
    Htc desire 601 stock ROM 4.4.4

(Edit: At this moment I had found a way to install xposed framework to 5.0->6.1.1 but if your reboot you lost all and on some device (like my Samsung S6 Edge+) you stuck on a bootloop or (like my S7 edge (on 6.1)) you get a soft break.. I take my freetime to find this, but with my school that going start soon, I will be not very free to find exploit... 23/8/2017:10h32AM)

#I'm not responsable for any brick or anything in your life or anyone else! !#

Credits To:
    Erik Andersen (For The busybox binary)
    Rovo89 (for xposed)

Proof Of Concept
    0l8mH9M.png

lK6GWgy.jpg

IF YOU WANT SHARE MY WORK, ADD A MY USERNAME AND/OR THE LINK TO THIS FORUM AND/OR THE LINK OF MY PROFIL XDA AND/OR ALL OF UPPER
    AND PLS TELL ME IF YOU WANT TO DO!
    Does busybox function without root? I didn't think so.