[MZ600][MZ602][MZ604] Official Android 4.1.1 OTA Update Thread

Search This thread

speedyr6

Jul 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Here's OTA I got

I got OTA f85d815e2b75.signed-tervigon-JRO03H-from-IMM76.f85d815e.zip

I have tried to update but got assert error ro.product.device== "wingray".

Tried both clockwork and system update both fail, let me know if you can get it to work. If you have any ideas on getting my update going let me know.

I tried a link (stupid spam when I have been a member for years) and file, which failed, but I did add a screen shot of my update issue.

I checked build.prop and I had the correct wingray device type. Not sure what the update is looking for...

Attachments

• 20120724_220346.jpg
    20120724_220346.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
Reactions: Lothaen

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com

Tried both clockwork and system update both fail, let me know if you can get it to work. If you have any ideas on getting my update going let me know.

I uploaded to a file sharing site, but spam filtering is stopping me from posting the link, sorry guys but I won't post until that restriction is removed.

I checked build.prop and I had the correct wingray device type. Not sure what the update is looking for...

http://android.clients.google.com/p...igned-tervigon-JRO03H-from-IMM76.f85d815e.zip

There's your OTA

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: machina77

speedyr6

Jul 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
http://android.clients.google.com/packages/data/ota/motorola_tervigon/f85d815e2b75.signed-tervigon-JRO03H-from-IMM76.f85d815e.zip

There's your OTA

Cool, hope that helps someone else since I at least had the numbers. Hopefully someone can get it to work and confirm that is the JB update we have been waiting for. I just wish I could get it to work...

Smokexz

Jul 11, 2010
Florida
Are you kidding me? I just flashed EOS... oh well I like some of these mods anyways and it is pretty nice to know that I have more freedom with root.

Sent from my Xoom

MetalMessiah78

Jun 28, 2006
Sunland Park, NM
twitter.com

I tried a link (stupid spam when I have been a member for years) and file, which failed, but I did add a screen shot of my update issue.

I got the same error too.

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
-- Install /sdcard
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Verifying current system...
Assert failed: apply_patch_space(10419552)
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com

That will probably be cause you have a custom recovery

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

SMRPOWER

May 31, 2010
Tried using the Recovery method with an external USB and an OTG cable

Seems same error:

E: signature verification failed
Instalation aborted

ICS 4.0.4 stock

Last edited:

speedyr6

Jul 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I flashed stock recovery and tried again after wipe cache and I get the space error others got:

assert failed: apply_patch_space(10419552)
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I did go through the zip and it does look like this is the JB update we have been waiting for, I just wish it would flash successfully. How do we get around that patch space issue?

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
I flashed stock recovery and tried again after wipe cache and I get the space error others got:

assert failed: apply_patch_space(10419552)
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I did go through the zip and it does look like this is the JB update we have been waiting for, I just wish it would flash successfully. How do we get around that patch space issue?

when i had this last OTA it was possibly a borked recovery from google... thought they fixed it :(

speedyr6

Jul 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I think it's related to the not allowing manually flashing OTA via stock recovery started in 4.0.4.

So my initial OTA failed because I had CWM installed instead of stock. Then that update was removed (fortunately I saved it) and system updates in about no longer show I have an update even after clearing data from google services framework. So now I am trying to manually flash the failed OTA from earlier and running into the issue from 4.0.3->4.0.4 where we can't manually flash our OTAs. I think I am SOL until I get the OTA again or until someone unlocks that OTA from the posted link to flash with CWM.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

After looking at this a little more I think the only solution is going to be modifying the updater-script to make this work with CWM...

I haven't tried since I don't wanna risk this as it is my first time looking at the update.zip and even thinking about removing things from updater-script, but I think we have to:

1) remove checks
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "wingray" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "wingray");

2) remove boot updates

3) remove recovery updates

Again I have never done this and not wanting to try so if someone has experience making OTAs work in CWM let us know. With that we should be able to flash up to JB with update and then flash our back stock JB recovery to get to stock for next JB update in case we want to take the next update OTA.

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
I think it's related to the not allowing manually flashing OTA via stock recovery started in 4.0.4.

So my initial OTA failed because I had CWM installed instead of stock. Then that update was removed (fortunately I saved it) and system updates in about no longer show I have an update even after clearing data from google services framework. So now I am trying to manually flash the failed OTA from earlier and running into the issue from 4.0.3->4.0.4 where we can't manually flash our OTAs. I think I am SOL until I get the OTA again or until someone unlocks that OTA from the posted link to flash with CWM.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 AM ----------

After looking at this a little more I think the only solution is going to be modifying the updater-script to make this work with CWM...

I haven't tried since I don't wanna risk this as it is my first time looking at the update.zip and even thinking about removing things from updater-script, but I think we have to:

1) remove checks
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "wingray" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "wingray");

2) remove boot updates

3) remove recovery updates

Again I have never done this and not wanting to try so if someone has experience making OTAs work in CWM let us know. With that we should be able to flash up to JB with update and then flash our back stock JB recovery to get to stock for next JB update in case we want to take the next update OTA.

I'm not sure either to be honest, but I don't know why the check for the device/product fails - its still a wingray with stock everything + custom recovery... boot updates - would have thought you could leave them - just remove the recovery checks/updates?

someone did make a CWM flashable zip for 4.0.4 so someone will likely do it again - annoying that we can't apply this though...

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

@oldblue910 can you update the OP?

edit: minus mirror: http://minus.com/lQ9FgzQhTEHey

Last edited:

rabcyn

Mar 9, 2008
Flashed the non-modified OTA zip-file, yes. I haven't rooted at all, so i did a oem unlock, flashed CWM (5.8.3.1 touch) recovery and then flashed the OTA zip.

A bit weird though: I tried to relock using oem lock, and after that it failed to boot stating "Failed to boot LNX 0x0004". Apparently, this happens when the installed software is not 100% stock. Sorted it out by unlocking again, but a word of warning to everyone doing this.

I was on 100% stock 4.0.4 IMM76 before doing this. No custom recovery or root or anything.

Last edited:

speedyr6

Jul 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Bit confusing here??? so the OTA update is delayed? or is it out?:confused:

"Officially" I don't think it's out but the one that I posted came to my Xoom as an OTA update as part of the soak test I had signed up for. I just copied it out of my cache folder to make sure I had a copy and then posted the name where the official link above came from. Unfortunately only 1 person has gotten it to work so far...

thenemis

Apr 7, 2012
idea:
Setup a PC with WiFi hotspot open
share internet conection
connect xoom to pc, so it can go in internet thru PC
SNIFF data (wireshark/ethercap or similar) when xoom chek if there is update, i hope you can see the link
point/change the new OTA JB whit the name of old, with rename changhe dns/host/localproxy
try if xoom install OTA jb from "internet"

same way someone get psn game on ps3

Top Liked Posts