Latest Official Firmware for ZTE Open C FireFox Smartphone

Search This thread

Apirl

May 27, 2014
Well I found the latest official firmware for ZTE Open C.Maybe it is helpful to you guys.

Before doing anything,read the introduction carefully.

Instruction of ZTE OPEN project SD card upgrade
Ⅰ Cautions:
The software version and pictures in this document are just for reference only. Please use ZTE handset support website provided version to download software, moreover, SD card upgrade only allows upgrading between the same version and from low version to high version.

1) Before you begin:
a) Please back up all user data of mobile phone, including Phonebook, Messages and so on;
b) Please make sure the mobile phone can be normally powered on. Otherwise it may cause download failure;
c) Take out SIM card and check whether update.zip of SD card is in accordance with to be upgraded mobile phone; copying update package to update.zip file before upgrade.
d) Please check whether the battery power is enough (2 cells more), if the battery power is not enough, please charge the mobile until the battery power is enough; Do not execute SD card upgrade while charging in case losing data or the mobile phone crashes during downloading.

2) Do not do other operations and do not take out battery by force during upgrading.

3) It will take 1-2 minutes to finish SD card upgrade. If the upgrade is invalid, you can contact local ASC.

Ⅱ Steps of SD card upgrade:
1. Download upgrade package and copy the software to sdcard
a) Open the SD card upgrade package which is downloaded from ZTE website, check whether there is a update.zip file( The picture and file name are just for reference only), as picture 1-1 shown below:
20140609181739.jpg

b) Copy whole update.zip file to root directory of micro Sd card (TF Card)

2. Power off mobile phone, and then hold the power key and volume up key simultaneously to enter into firefox OS recovery mode, as picture 1-10 shown below.
20140609181814-238x300.jpg

3. Press side down key to move down until move to “apply update from sdcard”, as picture 1-11 shown below:

4. Press power key Choose the downloaded update package update.zip after entering into directory of T card,, as picture 1-12 shown below.
20140609181827-300x203.jpg

5. The upgrade will be completed after 1-2 minutes
6. Select reboot system now

Here is the download address:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sczh3w7x2m8ketg/OPEN_C(European_Standard)_SD_card_upgrading_instruction_&_software_package-251920B0788FFOS_OPENCV1.0.0B05.rar
The unzip code is geekbuying.com

The original source is from http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2014/06/10/latest-official-firmware-for-zte-open-c-firefox-smartphone/#.U5q6N3KSyzQ ,contributed by Mike.

Reactions: duttyend

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
Well I found the latest official firmware for ZTE Open C.Maybe it is helpful to you guys.

Ⅰ Cautions:
The software version and pictures in this document are just for reference only. Please use ZTE handset support website provided version to download software, moreover, SD card upgrade only allows upgrading between the same version and from low version to high version.

1) Before you begin:
a) Please back up all user data of mobile phone, including Phonebook, Messages and so on;
b) Please make sure the mobile phone can be normally powered on. Otherwise it may cause download failure;
c) Take out SIM card and check whether update.zip of SD card is in accordance with to be upgraded mobile phone; copying update package to update.zip file before upgrade.
d) Please check whether the battery power is enough (2 cells more), if the battery power is not enough, please charge the mobile until the battery power is enough; Do not execute SD card upgrade while charging in case losing data or the mobile phone crashes during downloading.

2) Do not do other operations and do not take out battery by force during upgrading.

3) It will take 1-2 minutes to finish SD card upgrade. If the upgrade is invalid, you can contact local ASC.

a) Open the SD card upgrade package which is downloaded from ZTE website, check whether there is a update.zip file( The picture and file name are just for reference only), as picture 1-1 shown below:
20140609181739.jpg

2. Power off mobile phone, and then hold the power key and volume up key simultaneously to enter into firefox OS recovery mode, as picture 1-10 shown below.

3. Press side down key to move down until move to “apply update from sdcard”, as picture 1-11 shown below:

4. Press power key Choose the downloaded update package update.zip after entering into directory of T card,, as picture 1-12 shown below.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sczh3w7x2m8ketg/OPEN_C(European_Standard)_SD_card_upgrading_instruction_&_software_package-251920B0788FFOS_OPENCV1.0.0B05.rar

The original source is from http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2014/06/10/latest-official-firmware-for-zte-open-c-firefox-smartphone/#.U5q6N3KSyzQ ,contributed by Mike.

That's the European Standard version, There are two versions one European Standard other America Standard both on ZTE site.

http://www.ztedevices.com/support/s...cc0-42d6-8f23-8834b4a6849c.html?type=software

Last edited:

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
Last edited:

nr23730

Jun 24, 2014
Lübeck
B04?!

Hello,

I have an european version of the ZTE Open C.
To update the firmware to version B06 and to root the device I downloaded the "Open C Upgrade Tool" and the latest firmware from comebuy.com
After successful flashing I was wondering that the recovery mode showed B04 instead of B06. So there went something defenitly wrong - probably the firmware file is the wrong one even if the filename says B06.

But my Problem is that I'm not able to update the OS using the integrated updater or to flash any other firmware. I tried B05 from this thread, B06 directly from ZTE and another version I found on the internet.
The update routine of the recovery mode always aborts and the veryfication process of the update.

So the update via the recovery menu fails and the Upgrade Tool also.

Is there any way to flash a version with the possibility to update to my device?

Thanks in advance!

-nr23730

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
Hello,

I have an european version of the ZTE Open C.
To update the firmware to version B06 and to root the device I downloaded the "Open C Upgrade Tool" and the latest firmware from comebuy.com
After successful flashing I was wondering that the recovery mode showed B04 instead of B06. So there went something defenitly wrong - probably the firmware file is the wrong one even if the filename says B06.

But my Problem is that I'm not able to update the OS using the integrated updater or to flash any other firmware. I tried B05 from this thread, B06 directly from ZTE and another version I found on the internet.
The update routine of the recovery mode always aborts and the veryfication process of the update.

So the update via the recovery menu fails and the Upgrade Tool also.

Is there any way to flash a version with the possibility to update to my device?

Thanks in advance!

-nr23730

You aren't going to be able to update from zte site, firmware is completely different than "Open C Upgrade Tool" firmware. you could upgrade, but you need a backup and custom recovery.

Anytime you update or flash firmware not from zte, then you can no longer upgrade from zte firmware, zte's firmware isn't rooted, it's locked down, once you flash another firmware that gives you root, you have to either continue using from that branch or use custom recovery and re-install your backup of stock firmware, if you never made a backup, then you have to get a backup from another user or phone.

Last edited:

thebeach555

Apr 28, 2007
Hi,

I'm in the same situation with the same hardware. Have you found a solution?

Thanks in advance.

You aren't going to be able to update from zte site, firmware is completely different than "Open C Upgrade Tool" firmware. you could upgrade, but you need a backup and custom recovery.

Anytime you update or flash firmware not from zte, then you can no longer upgrade from zte firmware, zte's firmware isn't rooted, it's locked down, once you flash another firmware that gives you root, you have to either continue using from that branch or use custom recovery and re-install your backup of stock firmware, if you never made a backup, then you have to get a backup from another user or phone.

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
Hi,

I'm in the same situation with the same hardware. Have you found a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Simply not possible without unlocking bootloader, rooting phone and installing USA update via custom recovery. I know most people quickly followed the video below. but the author didn't warn USA users the files are EU Not US files, so once USA users flash them they have lost any chance to upgrade to any ZTE Official USA releases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOYIfo7y2s

KodrutZ

Jun 2, 2020
I know this is a few years too late, but maybe I still can get some help...

So I still have a ZTE Open C in working state (battery a bit inflated, but if I can get it in proper shape software-wise, I'll probably get a replacement) but I don't seem to be able to flash it (the idea was to put LineageOS 14.1 on it, I recently discovered what appears to be a stable build for this phone by Konstakang). Now...

1. The phone has the latest Firefox OS Nightly build that I was able to get - Boot2Gecko 2.6.0.0-prerelease.
2. I can use ADB to connect to it (Windows), phone is unlocked, but fastboot is not enabled.
3. I have no backups.

... ideas?

So I still have a ZTE Open C in working state (battery a bit inflated, but if I can get it in proper shape software-wise, I'll probably get a replacement) but I don't seem to be able to flash it (the idea was to put LineageOS 14.1 on it, I recently discovered what appears to be a stable build for this phone by Konstakang). Now...

1. The phone has the latest Firefox OS Nightly build that I was able to get - Boot2Gecko 2.6.0.0-prerelease.
2. I can use ADB to connect to it (Windows), phone is unlocked, but fastboot is not enabled.
3. I have no backups.

... ideas?
It is in French, but it works https://blog.mossroy.fr/2018/11/21/passer-un-zte-open-c-sous-lineage-os/ . There are a lot of source links in there. Enjoy!

KodrutZ

Jun 2, 2020
Thank you very much, Nico. Sadly, I wasn't able to enable fastboot. The LineageOS installation part - or any other ROM installation - requires fastboot to be enabled. I will try again as soon as I find the time and the phone itself... :)

johndoe901

Feb 26, 2018
Does anyone still have a working link for the latest FirefoxOS firmware (and Android->FirefoxOS script, IIRC there was one)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ⅰ Cautions:

1) Before you begin:

20140609181739.jpg

Ⅰ Cautions:

1) Before you begin:

20140609181739.jpg

That's the European Standard version, There are two versions one European Standard other America Standard both on ZTE site.

http://www.ztedevices.com/support/s...cc0-42d6-8f23-8834b4a6849c.html?type=software

It is a little bit snapper, still 1.3 though, anyway I got my dual boot set up, I am running rooted kitkat from sdcard, and rooted firefox from phone.

3. I have no backups.

... ideas?