[WIP] [2014-12-11] CyanogenMod 12 ALPHA semi-nightly builds from Archi's sources

Search This thread

forkbomb444

Aug 22, 2013
Sydney
I don't actually do this romming thing, I just compile the ROMs. All credit to JustArchi, Moster2, arter97, etc.
Read the WHOLE OP.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
 */

Working
- updater-script (flashing)
- kernel (booting)
- OpenGL (CPU rendering)
- MALI blobs (GPU rendering)
- HWComposer and MALI R4P0 drivers
- Rotation
- Camera (this DOES NOT include stock camera app, use e.g. google camera)
- WiFi
- Bluetooth
- NFC (Android Beam)
- Sensors (ALL!)
- Internal / External SD Card
- Vibration
- GPS
- RIL (including mobile data)

Not Working
- Nothing?!?

This is NOT A STABLE BUILD.

If you suffer bootloops, or any other bugs, I do not care, unless you can provide a logcat.

If you have an issue that has already been solved or reported, do not expect a response. I'm 99% sure that your issue is known and is being worked on by the devs.

You do not need to flash this over any other ROM. Wipe dalvik cache, data and system before flashing. Allow some time for ART to finish booting.

If it doesn't work for you, and you aren't willing to put the effort in to either get a logcat or perhaps do a little bit of research by yourself, go back to 4.4. You clearly should not be running pre-alpha builds.

I use the ParanoidAndroid Beta gapps, they work fine.

And the downloads? (Changelog is in the next post down)
2014-12-11 (md5sum: 4c96155f2c46c2b3d716fa9e833165fc)
2014-12-10 (md5sum: e8fda36be5e1aaa5b58161363ebafaf5)

Screenshot:

Screenshot_2014-12-10-20-40-56.png

build date and cm version seem to be off. I don't know why, but the kernel version is right :)

If you like this, support JustArchi, Moster2 and arter97. They do all the code, I just build the builds.

I use TWRP, although any recovery should work fine. As long as your recovery is recent (i.e the latest version), it will not make a difference to how successful your installation is.

Installing in 4 simple steps!
  1. Wipe dalvik cache, cache, data and system
  2. Flash the ROM
  3. Flash gapps
Doesn't work? Try skipping step 3. Still doesn't work? Logs or it didn't happen.

Fixing your problem in 4 simple steps!
  1. Use the search function. Think of it as Google, but for this thread. Also search Archi's thread
  2. Read the last 10-15 pages of both this thread, and Archi's
  3. Still haven't found someone who has reported your issue or haven't found a fix? logcatlogcatlogcatlogcat. Post it here in an attachment. Explain how you produced the issue, specifically. "I pressed the button and then the thingy stopped working" is not enough.

"Wow it's been a whole two days and you haven't posted a new build?!?"
I have a life. I generally prefer my actual life over reading XDA. I do go places without an internet connection. I do not always have a computer capable of building Android. I do sleep. I do go out during the day. I do live in a timezone that is not in the USA. Therefore, I may disappear off the internet for hours, even days at a time. You can always build your own builds if you want!

These builds come straight from @JustArchi's repos. To duplicate my build, use the CM 12 manifest and put Archi's roomservice.xml in your local_manifest folder. I recommend getting a CM11 build working before attempting to build this.

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12 semi-nightly, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
forkbomb444, JustArchi, Moster2, arter97
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-12-10
Last Updated 2014-12-11

Last edited:

vwong

Oct 10, 2014
is every thing working...mobile data, wifi, home button wake..?

Thanks for updated cm12 rom for s3.

trickster00

Dec 18, 2012
problem with long sms

Hey,

First, thank you for sharing and your work!
I have only one question: does long sms works? I have issiu with Archi's Lolipop - If message is not too long (1 sms) everything is fine, but if im writing long message like 2-4 sms, message is not send, i can't call anyone till phone reboot and also i cannot retrive SMSC number. After reboot everything is ok.

Any fix or tip?

forkbomb444

Aug 22, 2013
Sydney
@forkbomb444
Signal bar bug fixed in this build?
Nope.

Hey,

First, thank you for sharing and your work!
I have only one question: does long sms works? I have issiu with Archi's Lolipop - If message is not too long (1 sms) everything is fine, but if im writing long message like 2-4 sms, message is not send, i can't call anyone till phone reboot and also i cannot retrive SMSC number. After reboot everything is ok.

Any fix or tip?

I have no idea. Get a logcat of what happens when you send a long SMS.

k-semler

Jan 6, 2009
Pullman WA
Is the initial keyboard start-up issue fixed in this build? (or alternatively, is there a way to run the first time boot script after I enable the keyboard, instead of having to set up everything manually?

Eleve11

Oct 1, 2011
Stockholm
I don't get it.

What's the difference between this and JustArchi's? Sure this is a newer build but nothing else has changed?

shaheen7m

Jun 28, 2011
I am not getting the point of making a rom by cloning Archie's branch. Is their any value additions?This is the main reason why Dhiru sometimes keeping his work closed. I am not demoralizing OP. Some difference/value additions will make our day.. Cheers

matijaz

Sep 28, 2012
Could you add trim support to kernel?

other then that- rom works great. Hiccups i got on Archis rom are gone here. for now that is.

vwong

Oct 10, 2014

Eleve11

Oct 1, 2011
Stockholm
Difference is home button wake works(?)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

and lollipop version also upgraded to 5.0.1:D

Yeah, but still, nothing has changed from JustArchi's sources, which also has this features. The only thing is that this is compiled and released earlier than JustArchi's.

If that's the main point, to release a ROM based on JustArchis's sources before him, it's just so rude.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't actually do this romming thing, I just compile the ROMs. All credit to JustArchi, Moster2, arter97, etc.
    Read the WHOLE OP.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

Working
    - updater-script (flashing)
    - kernel (booting)
    - OpenGL (CPU rendering)
    - MALI blobs (GPU rendering)
    - HWComposer and MALI R4P0 drivers
    - Rotation
    - Camera (this DOES NOT include stock camera app, use e.g. google camera)
    - WiFi
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC (Android Beam)
    - Sensors (ALL!)
    - Internal / External SD Card
    - Vibration
    - GPS
    - RIL (including mobile data)

Not Working
    - Nothing?!?

This is NOT A STABLE BUILD.

If you suffer bootloops, or any other bugs, I do not care, unless you can provide a logcat.

If you have an issue that has already been solved or reported, do not expect a response. I'm 99% sure that your issue is known and is being worked on by the devs.

You do not need to flash this over any other ROM. Wipe dalvik cache, data and system before flashing. Allow some time for ART to finish booting.

If it doesn't work for you, and you aren't willing to put the effort in to either get a logcat or perhaps do a little bit of research by yourself, go back to 4.4. You clearly should not be running pre-alpha builds.

I use the ParanoidAndroid Beta gapps, they work fine.

And the downloads? (Changelog is in the next post down)
    2014-12-11 (md5sum: 4c96155f2c46c2b3d716fa9e833165fc)
    2014-12-10 (md5sum: e8fda36be5e1aaa5b58161363ebafaf5)

Screenshot:

Screenshot_2014-12-10-20-40-56.png

build date and cm version seem to be off. I don't know why, but the kernel version is right :)

If you like this, support JustArchi, Moster2 and arter97. They do all the code, I just build the builds.

I use TWRP, although any recovery should work fine. As long as your recovery is recent (i.e the latest version), it will not make a difference to how successful your installation is.

Installing in 4 simple steps!
    1. Wipe dalvik cache, cache, data and system
    2. Flash the ROM
    3. Flash gapps
    Doesn't work? Try skipping step 3. Still doesn't work? Logs or it didn't happen.

Fixing your problem in 4 simple steps!
    1. Use the search function. Think of it as Google, but for this thread. Also search Archi's thread
    2. Read the last 10-15 pages of both this thread, and Archi's
    3. Still haven't found someone who has reported your issue or haven't found a fix? logcatlogcatlogcatlogcat. Post it here in an attachment. Explain how you produced the issue, specifically. "I pressed the button and then the thingy stopped working" is not enough.

"Wow it's been a whole two days and you haven't posted a new build?!?"
    I have a life. I generally prefer my actual life over reading XDA. I do go places without an internet connection. I do not always have a computer capable of building Android. I do sleep. I do go out during the day. I do live in a timezone that is not in the USA. Therefore, I may disappear off the internet for hours, even days at a time. You can always build your own builds if you want!

These builds come straight from @JustArchi's repos. To duplicate my build, use the CM 12 manifest and put Archi's roomservice.xml in your local_manifest folder. I recommend getting a CM11 build working before attempting to build this.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12 semi-nightly, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    forkbomb444, JustArchi, Moster2, arter97
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2014-12-10
    Last Updated 2014-12-11
    Changelog

Remember that none of these changes are written by me!

Build 2
    - A couple of new semcosh MAC addresses added to macloader
    - All CyanogenMod changes up to 2014-12-11 05:30AM (GMT+0)

Build 1
    - First build
    Will Test It Soon Thank You Dev :D:thumbup:

Sent from my XT1022

He is not a dev. He even mentions it in OP.
    Sorry I'm a noob, can you tell me how to enable navbar? Thank you!
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+enable+navbar+from+build.prop

Download a root file explorer with a built in text editor.

Using your root file explorer (after you grant su perms), navigate to the /system directory.

Look for a text file named build.prop and open it for editing.

Scroll to the bottom of your build.prop and add this line
    qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Then save and exit the file and reboot. You should now have an on screen nav bar.
    Build 2 (2014-12-11) is up! Changelog

Download (md5sum: 4c96155f2c46c2b3d716fa9e833165fc)

Keep reading the OP ;)