[ROM][BETA] MIUI4DX2 Beta1 on behalf of aceoyame

Search This thread

pdinphx

I've noticed that downloaded apps are automatically assigned to run in compatibility mode, which seems to be the source of most force closes and failures to open.

Is there a one stroke option for changing this or do I have to manually switch this for each app?

PJ
Phoenix, AZ

Jubomime

Dec 9, 2011
I've noticed that downloaded apps are automatically assigned to run in compatibility mode, which seems to be the source of most force closes and failures to open.

Is there a one stroke option for changing this or do I have to manually switch this for each app?

PJ
Phoenix, AZ

If I were you I wouldn't worry about it til tomorrow...

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Is there a firewall built into this ROM that denies apps that you choose to access the internet? Like the app droidwall does. I see there's one for phone çalls and SMS but I don't see anything about blocking apps from using the internet. I thought there was but I don't know.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Epicardium

May 22, 2008
Is there a firewall built into this ROM that denies apps that you choose to access the internet? Like the app droidwall does. I see there's one for phone çalls and SMS but I don't see anything about blocking apps from using the internet. I thought there was but I don't know.

Yes, look for the program called 'Monitor'. There is a firewall tab at the top. Works very well, but I've found that the first time you turn it on and set it up you should reboot for it to take effect. After that, any changes you make seem to take place on the fly. I stopped using Droidwall when I was on MIUI with other devices.

Reactions: LaserChicken

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, look for the program called 'Monitor'. There is a firewall tab at the top. Works very well, but I've found that the first time you turn it on and set it up you should reboot for it to take effect. After that, any changes you make seem to take place on the fly. I stopped using Droidwall when I was on MIUI with other devices.

Thank you. I could have sworn I've seen that before.

---------- Post added at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

Also, does anyone know why MIUI lockscreens that have shortcuts to the camera don't open the camera?

Jubomime

Dec 9, 2011
Well ****. Ace just tweeted that beta2 is postponed for unspecified amount of time due to the audio issues...

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
That sucks. I was looking forward to flashing something tonight. lol

He also said he wanted someone to get a hold of the Photon MIUI developers about the audio issue. But I looked and it seems they have audio issues as well.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1415634

EDIT: I posted a comment in there asking for anyones help on the audio issues. Hopefully we can get someone to help us out.

Last edited:

Ki1lACrAcK

Apr 27, 2010
NYC
@aceoyame
Nathan Schmidt
I just feel that what I have done isnt enough of a fix to be a release. It's barely better and breaks other stuff

:( Maybe let dragonzkiller continue what he started? Not that I don't appreciate your work aceoyame but I mean dragonz releases updates quick and effectively...

Thanks though :/

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
:( Maybe let dragonzkiller continue what he started? Not that I don't appreciate your work aceoyame but I mean dragonz releases updates quick and effectively...

Im sure ace is fully capable of handling it. It seems he's just been waiting for some files and stuff from other devs, including dragonzkiller. Plus I dont think dragonzkiller is willing to take on another project on top of CM9. From what I hear hes a student and pretty busy.

Reactions: iBolski

iBolski

Wow, have you ever had to do something like what Ace has been doing? He DOES have a full-time job and is married, so he's doing this on his own time in addition to balancing a work load and marriage.

ACE is having to take MIUI code and get it working on a device it wasn't written for specifically. In the case of what he was having issues with, it's not open-source. Apparently, the MIUI team owns it and doesn't release the source, so he is at their mercy right now. And, with this not being an official MIUI release (just like CM7 isn't an official Cyanogenmod release), Ace has to rely on others to help out and not the MIUI team. It's not like he HASN'T been working hard at this.

Seems a little ungrateful and it's that attitude that has caused other developers to leave XDA and not develop for Android phones.

I can understand if you paid him to deliver you something, but considering he's doing this and not charging us a penny for it (only asking for donations), could we show him some more respect?

Let's instead be grateful and thankful that he even got us a very functional and sustainable MIUI build.

Not trying to belittle you or anything, but the post just came across wrong. If you meant no harm by it, then I apologize, but I've seen too many developers scared away when people make comments like what you just did.

Ki1lACrAcK

Apr 27, 2010
NYC
No need for an essay, as I meant no disrespect. Maybe I was a little harsh n sorry for that ace.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA App

iBolski

No need for an essay, as I meant no disrespect. Maybe I was a little harsh n sorry for that ace.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA App

Sorry about the essay. I tend to get passionate about things at times. Being a developer myself, I can understand where ace is at right now. He's just as frustrated with this as the rest of us waiting for the next MIUI.

But, I'd rather have him release something that has merit with it, and right now, what he would release wouldn't be much different from what is already there and it would probably just tick off more people.

It's water under the bridge. Posting on forums can be tricky at times because it can be hard to convey what you're really feeling and people can take what you said completely out of context.

Reactions: Pixelation

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
So has no one else tried getting a hold of the developers of MIUI for the photon? I posted in there forum but haven't gotten any responses yet.

And for those of you who dont know what Im talking about, Im just asking since ace tweeted this:

"Lastly I still havent had anyone contact the photon MIUI dev's for what they did to fix their audio issues."

Last edited:

swbf2lord

Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Wow, have you ever had to do something like what Ace has been doing? He DOES have a full-time job and is married, so he's doing this on his own time in addition to balancing a work load and marriage.

ACE is having to take MIUI code and get it working on a device it wasn't written for specifically. In the case of what he was having issues with, it's not open-source. Apparently, the MIUI team owns it and doesn't release the source, so he is at their mercy right now. And, with this not being an official MIUI release (just like CM7 isn't an official Cyanogenmod release), Ace has to rely on others to help out and not the MIUI team. It's not like he HASN'T been working hard at this.

Seems a little ungrateful and it's that attitude that has caused other developers to leave XDA and not develop for Android phones.

I can understand if you paid him to deliver you something, but considering he's doing this and not charging us a penny for it (only asking for donations), could we show him some more respect?

Let's instead be grateful and thankful that he even got us a very functional and sustainable MIUI build.

Not trying to belittle you or anything, but the post just came across wrong. If you meant no harm by it, then I apologize, but I've seen too many developers scared away when people make comments like what you just did.

Especially with Dragon working on CM9. Besides that point, we need multiple devs, not just one. Dragon is great, but he can't do everything. I'm running Ace's MIUI right now, and besides the audio bugs, it works fine.

LaserChicken

Apr 27, 2010
Thanks owed to JS and Epi, I had no idea miui had its own firewall--maybe I can remove DW, which has been failing.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

phoenix2217

Dec 21, 2010
Just an FYI, Ash tweeted the following:

People, PLEASE be careful about what you say on how you feel about the progress of things. In this case, as you can see, this is a problem that even the Motorola Atrix has concerning the sound issue. So, Ace is doing all that he can.

Even though Ace doesn't post here anymore, I'm sure he still reads and is getting feedback from others. I know I've been tweeting him bugs and other issues.

So, please read over what you are about to post and think if it's something that were directed at you, would you like it? If not, it's probably not a good thing to send.

We have mods for a reason. There's no reason for you to go around acting like the XDA thread police. Forums are open to anyone and everyone of ANY opinion. Let the man have his opinion and let it rest. Your making it worse by constantly bringing it back up again.

^ See, my opinion. Everyone has there own. Get over it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aceoyame presents to you...

MIUI4DX2 Beta 1

Bear with me for the awful quality of the screenshots. Screenshots crash the system server. Took these photos with my iPod Touch.

qv8v9s.jpg
    R1lO8s.jpg
    SAt90s.jpg
    3JDmNs.jpg
    RjIKys.jpg
    FQJQvs.jpg
    5GQeks.jpg
    7q7css.jpg

To see the screenshots in large size, goto: http://imgur.com/a/n63L9

This wouldn't have been here without the combined efforts of all the devs who worked on 2nd-init and CM7 so thanks to all and of course thanks to aceoyame (I DID NOT MAKE THIS AT ALL, JUST POSTING IT ON BEHALF OF ACEOYAME).

Note:
    This requires Dragonzkiller's modified BSR (posted in CM7 thread and linked here for convenience).

Includes:
    • Same Hardware working as CM7 i.e. CDMA/3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, Camera.
    • ICS Framework
    • MIUI US apps
    • MIUI Control panel
    • Black Ice theme default

Known Issues:
    • MIUI's camera FC's on saving pictures. This release is using CM7's camera app which works
    • Screenshots are crashing system server
    • The Black Ice Theme may not apply fully on install. Just choose it in the theme manager after install and you should be good to go.
    • FM and HDMI is not working

How to Install:
    1. Nandroid Backup
    2. SBF to 2.3.4 unless you are already there.
    3. Root your Motorola Droid X2.
    4. Install the Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR).
    5. Put the MIUI4DX2 zip and the dragonzkiller's patched BSR apk on the external SD card.
    6. Boot into BootStrap Recovery.
    7. YOU MUST WIPE DATA AND CACHE! This has 4.0 framework and is very different from CM7's or any other ROM's 2.3.x framework.
    8. Install the MIUI4DX2 zip.
    9. IMPORTANT! Wipe data and cache (factory reset) and wipe dalvik cache!
    10. Boot your phone into MIUI. (You will probably have to activate if you didn't after you SBF'd and setup your Google account here.)
    11. Install the patched Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). (This can be found in the download section of this post. Once you have MIUI4DX2 installed, you MUST install this BSR!)
    12. Go into the Android Market and update the apps on the phone.
    13. Sit back and enjoy MIUI on your DX2!
    14. Never user RomManager! NEVER DELETE ANYTHING FROM PREINSTALL!

NOTE: If you get a hang on the M after the install, it may be because you did not wipe data and cache. Try getting into stock recovery by having the phone off, pressing the Vol Down and Power Buttons until the "Fastboot" appears on your screen, scroll DOWN until you see the "Android Recovery" and press Vol Up. You will then see an android with an exclamation point. Press BOTH volume buttons and scroll down to "Wipe Data." Press the power button to select it and scroll down to "Yes" and select that. Then reboot and WAIT! The initial boot takes the longest. If this still doesn't work, THEN SBF and follow the directions above EXACTLY.

Using the Patched Bootstrap Recovery With MIUI4DX2
    In order to get into recovery with MIUI4DX2 you ABSOLUTELY MUST download the patched BSR APK located in the download section of this post! There was a problem with the "hijack" name. It is conflicting with the CM7 hijack (MIUI uses CM7 hijack). NEVER install the original BSR while in MIUI4DX2! This is a guaranteed way to boot loop your phone! It might not boot loop the first couple of reboots, but it will... Eventually!

Download:
    Put these on your EXTERNAL sd card.
    MIUI4DX2 Beta 1 md5 sum: eeb013fceeb06e6ca412e3b80484aa13
    Patched BSR APK by dragonzkiller

Stay tuned for upcoming releases:
    Next release will have added scripts, a few fixes and possibly working FM - via aceoyame twitter

YOU CAN POST BUG REPORTS HERE, BUT IDEALLY PING ACEOYAME ON TWITTER @aceoyame.

P.S.: You can donate to aceoyame by sending him a beer to paypal at: schmidt_nathan2002@hotmail.com

Peace \m/

Just noticed that the top bar battery doesn't work either.

Easiest way to get top bar to work is

1) Change to top bar in settings
    2) Go to the MIUI control panel app
    3) Change the color of the top bar under color settings
    4) Go back to Battery settings and click "Show battery" off and then on

Then it should show up.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

FYI For everyone

If you see Android System using quite a bit of battery (like on mine) you can use TiBU to freeze the app called "Telocation Provider". AFAIK this has something to do with the Chinese ROM and will not affect us or do anything good for us except drain battery. We use to disable it on my Captivate and Inspire.

Also, apparently there is a wake lock issue and thats why Android OS is using 50% CPU on my phone lol.
    Just wanted to share a helpful tip for us Droid X2 MIUI users since a lot of the themes arent the right resolution for us. Maybe some of you could find this useful. There are also a lot of themes that have been converted by users in the thread already as well.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1391013

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

And if you are a fan of black, here is a really nice theme:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=951510
    Ok as posted in the older thread when sitting on the home screen and pressing the up volume rocker 2 to 3 time it causes a hot reboot, coupled with that the sound settings are taking effect or something because I get sound on and off on the system. example I have it set to click when selecting an item and it doesn't, however the unlock sound does work. The music player doesn't play, it gives you about 2 secs of play (no sound) and then stops. It doesn't FC or anything just doesn't work.

I have tried a reboot to fix some of these with no luck.

EDIT: Changing from the default theme fixed the sounds issues.

Slim!