[RADIO] Newest Radio from Froyo OTA 1/21/2011

Search This thread

ChiefzReloaded

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2010
Lebanon, OR
www.cyanogenmod.com
Hey guys.... Thanks to a member here at XDA, Krylon360, I have gotten my hands on the unreleased 2.2.1 Espresso OTA and so as usual my first stop in is to provide the new radio update while I sort the patches out and get you guys a stock rooted ROM... So without further chit chat as I got some work ahead of me, heres the new radio update taking baseband to 7.15.35.16.... Havent noticed much change although I have also tested nothing speedwise tbh so I will let you all report back on these things.... Grab the radio update here or here and let me know of any improvements or even negative effects it has caused with data, battery life, wifi, etc.... A CR_Mod stock., rooted OTA will follow shortly and you guys can get your much awaited 2.2.1 Froyo Espresso on early since TMO wants to lag..... Have fun... CR

PS: I did this with an update script rather than an updater script as it was easiest in windows which Im on for the moment... I will convert to an updater script in a little while. What does this mean you ask? It means any of you who have flashed the unsupported as of yet CWM 3.0+ rec images that are floating around will not be able to flash the radio. To fix this, use rom manager to reflash the current supported CWM rec, flash the radio, and if you must, reflash the CWM 3.0+ rec in fastboot.

Last edited:

zerolgk5

May 8, 2009
The new radio just doubled my download speed. Had to check it twice.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
Yeah same here awesome thnx cheifz much appreciated

SefEXE

Aug 1, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Holy cow, wasn't expecting this, downloading here in a sec and then flashing!

EDIT: I think I may have experienced a double in downloading speed... But I could just be thinking that's whats going on.

Last edited:

gamezonline

Apr 9, 2010
Got to love when ChiefzReloaded popup with a new thread always a something good about to happen or have happen. Will steal my gf phone when she gets back home and try it out.

P.S. only thing i really want from that rom is the call over wifi app :p

elry567

Jan 7, 2011
I was running cm7 but I flashed crmod instead then radio and speeds are soo noticably faster this is awsome

HebrewToYou

Feb 9, 2010
Got to love when ChiefzReloaded popup with a new thread always a something good about to happen or have happen. Will steal my gf phone when she gets back home and try it out.

P.S. only thing i really want from that rom is the call over wifi app :p
Chiefz, thanks for the radio dump. I flashed via fastboot. Haven't noticed *any* changes whatsoever, though... Not that surprising.

I am, however, most interested in the actual contents of the froyo OTA. Any chance you could put the whole zip up for download before you root it and defang it?

ChiefzReloaded

Jan 17, 2010
Lebanon, OR
www.cyanogenmod.com
It wont flash on a non rooted phone... It does a version check and it looks for a version we don't even have so it fails.... Im looking for the esprimg that may help the process... Not sure if this is gonna be as easy as last time... CR

HebrewToYou

Feb 9, 2010
It wont flash on a non rooted phone... It does a version check and it looks for a version we don't even have so it fails.... Im looking for the esprimg that may help the process... Not sure if this is gonna be as easy as last time... CR
Well, at least in *my* case, I only want the zip so I can take it apart and see if I can appropriate the wifi calling bits for CM7. But if you don't want to release it just yet I understand. Thanks for providing the radio at least.

droopypillow

Oct 2, 2009
Im not sure what is goin on..i flashed the new radio in recovery..then after it rebooted it still shows 7.09.35.10 as my radio..but i also noticed last night after i flashed build 8 of cm7 it still shows in the phone info as build 7.. am i doin something wrong or is it a bug.

im s off
mtd partitioned
cm7

Last edited:

PcFish

Jul 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Im not sure what is goin on..i flashed the new raio in recovery..then after it rebooted it still shows 7.09.35.10 as my radio..but i also noticed last night after i flashed build 8 of cm7 it still shows in the phone info as build 7.. am i doin something qrong or is it a bug.

im s off
mtd partitioned
cm7

Oh true, mine says that to. I used the mediafire link to download it. Installed in Clockwork recovery. I'm on CM6.1.1

thederekjay

Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
same thing happen to me @ first. I flashed through fastboot using the radio.img... and it worked like a charm... :D

Zombiac

May 29, 2008
Will this radio work on ArayrayMod Revamped if so I'll absolutely be flashing asap.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys.... Thanks to a member here at XDA, Krylon360, I have gotten my hands on the unreleased 2.2.1 Espresso OTA and so as usual my first stop in is to provide the new radio update while I sort the patches out and get you guys a stock rooted ROM... So without further chit chat as I got some work ahead of me, heres the new radio update taking baseband to 7.15.35.16.... Havent noticed much change although I have also tested nothing speedwise tbh so I will let you all report back on these things.... Grab the radio update here or here and let me know of any improvements or even negative effects it has caused with data, battery life, wifi, etc.... A CR_Mod stock., rooted OTA will follow shortly and you guys can get your much awaited 2.2.1 Froyo Espresso on early since TMO wants to lag..... Have fun... CR

PS: I did this with an update script rather than an updater script as it was easiest in windows which Im on for the moment... I will convert to an updater script in a little while. What does this mean you ask? It means any of you who have flashed the unsupported as of yet CWM 3.0+ rec images that are floating around will not be able to flash the radio. To fix this, use rom manager to reflash the current supported CWM rec, flash the radio, and if you must, reflash the CWM 3.0+ rec in fastboot.
    Enjoy guys. I'll keep CR updated if I find anything new.
    OK... so we made some progress today again with help from Krylon360... nbetcher and I were workin on it till bout 4am when I had to get some rest.. ( I still have pneumonia)... But today new stuff was discovered.... We were on a retail build of eclair 1.35.531.1 if we were updated all the way current, same build with patches as my OTA ROM... The OTA I was provided with was a 1.35.531.3 to 2.10 update but needed test-keys in the verification check.... So we were trying to manually patch each individual file ( like 200 or some ish) and had a few issues there. NOW, we have the incremental update to .3 as well as the froyo update with release keys.... Im flashing it now and will see if root can be accomplished on the build, if so will dump the images bypassing having to manually patch each one and then create a custom ROM from my own dump.... Just wanted to stop in and let you guys know that I am working on it, I have help, and I WILL get a ROM out if its at all possible... Dont want you guys to think its vaporware and Im just holding on to something and holding everyone back.... CR
    Hey guys. Ill look for the version that CR needs to get the OtA working. If I find it, ill be sure to send it to him

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
    That's hspened to me before delete the update.zip wich is on ur SD then put it on there again mine got corrupted somehow once too