[Q] Wierd Recovery screen after CWM installation

Search This thread

frankus0512

Jul 18, 2011
Hi All,

Hope you are well. I just flashed the CWM recovery to a locked tab using ODIN, and upon doing POWER + VOL(-) and getting into the recovery, for some reason the screen with all the menu to do wipes/install just seems to be scrolling all over the place.

When I re-flash the stock recovery back using ODIN, the screen is fine again. Tried both 4.0.0.4 and also the 3.2.0.1 versions, with not much luck.

Has anyone had a similar incident? Is there anything I can do? I wanted to try and flash my custom boot.img.

Thanks heaps in advance!!!.

frankus0512

Jul 18, 2011
Hi Folks,

Hope you are well - wasn't sure if anyone has come across this - but anyone seen the Recovery mode flickering / scrolling when flashed on a locked Galaxy Tab 10.1?

Thanks again!

frankus0512

Jul 18, 2011
Thanks yqed,

For some reason when I have CWM 4.0.0.4, and when I reboot into the recovery mode - CWM shows up - but the screen keeps on flickering / scrolling / refreshing all over the place.

I'm wondering if there is something different in my Retail Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI vs. the others - I bought mine from Korea (retail). Appears that I have kernel version 2.6.36.3 instead of .4 and the build is EH14.

Thanks.

limenless

Jul 3, 2011
+1

I have a Korean 32Gb wifi Galaxy Tab 10.1, and my CWM Recovery also starts having a seizure when I boot into it. It still seems to be working fine, but it is nearly impossible to use.

I would really like to know what causes this issue.

frankus0512

Jul 18, 2011
Thanks limenless,

Anyone seen this before? Anyone know if CWM 5 might potentially fix this - seens some thread with regards to this.

I was going to try and wipe the dalvik cache, and others, but seeing the screen is almost impossible to use in recovery mode, having a bit of difficulty there.

Any advice is much appreciated - if you need dumps and others, happy to provide - as long as I get some instructions... :D

Thanks.

castiel19

Feb 20, 2012
Thanks limenless,

Anyone seen this before? Anyone know if CWM 5 might potentially fix this - seens some thread with regards to this.

I was going to try and wipe the dalvik cache, and others, but seeing the screen is almost impossible to use in recovery mode, having a bit of difficulty there.

Any advice is much appreciated - if you need dumps and others, happy to provide - as long as I get some instructions... :D

Thanks.

Any luck bro? having same problem here..

Please help.. i realy want to root my tab 10.1

wtgserpant

Feb 10, 2012
New York
HOPING solution

Hi All,

Hope you are well. I just flashed the CWM recovery to a locked tab using ODIN, and upon doing POWER + VOL(-) and getting into the recovery, for some reason the screen with all the menu to do wipes/install just seems to be scrolling all over the place.

When I re-flash the stock recovery back using ODIN, the screen is fine again. Tried both 4.0.0.4 and also the 3.2.0.1 versions, with not much luck.

Has anyone had a similar incident? Is there anything I can do? I wanted to try and flash my custom boot.img.

Thanks heaps in advance!!!.

Did you try CMW 5? Preshoot has a tutorial in the development section, its pretty simple just follow it and I think and hope that your issue would be solved! :confused:

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
Why dont you try taking a picture/screenshot of it, best would be using ddms.bat in the android development kit to take screenshot's , or just a picture would do great. Hard to guess what's going on, when someone mentioned seizure, I pictured Dr.House :p

Reactions: castiel19

castiel19

Feb 20, 2012
Why dont you try taking a picture/screenshot of it, best would be using ddms.bat in the android development kit to take screenshot's , or just a picture would do great. Hard to guess what's going on, when someone mentioned seizure, I pictured Dr.House :p

Thank you for showing interest to help me.. btw am also big fan of house :)

Let me explain my situation from the start..

i tried to flash recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5 following the instruction from the tutorial.. but after i boot into recovery the screen flash.. I will attach you tube video later..

took whole night to fix it with no success, finally decided to re-flash stock rom from firmware P7510ZSKK1_P7510ZZHKK1_TGY.. boot into stock recovery and worked fine..

as i don't want to give up and want my tab 10.1 to be rooted tried again to flash CWM5027 from preshoot.. but same screen flicker happened..

Please help me fix the problem.. or do you know other way to root my tab??

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Thank you for showing interest to help me.. btw am also big fan of house :)

Let me explain my situation from the start..

i tried to flash recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5 following the instruction from the tutorial.. but after i boot into recovery the screen flash.. I will attach you tube video later..

took whole night to fix it with no success, finally decided to re-flash stock rom from firmware P7510ZSKK1_P7510ZZHKK1_TGY.. boot into stock recovery and worked fine..

as i don't want to give up and want my tab 10.1 to be rooted tried again to flash CWM5027 from preshoot.. but same screen flicker happened..

Please help me fix the problem.. or do you know other way to root my tab??

how can i copy link of youtube here?? i want to show my screen flicker

Misledz

Jun 1, 2011
Cebu City, Philippines
Just link it here,
HTML:
[media=youtube] bracket [/media]

Where "bracket" is the ID of your video, those letters at the end. EG: FL7yD-0pqZg

Have you tried Overcome's CWM? I'm using that and it's perfectly fine. PS it's the ver 5 release.

PS; For being an epic House fan :D I shall see to it that you get it worked out :)

And to top that off, an offlink to the CWM of Overcome http://www.mediafire.com/?6c5tdmds927npdv

PS: Here's your video, Embedded anyways.

Last edited:

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
In the development section for 10.1 I was just reading in a thread about a Korean ROM, Pershoot stated something about someones device not being compatible with his kernel. I don't know if either one has to do with the other but I think I read in the same thread of someone having "this problem"
Honestly don't know if anything between this thread and that thread are relevant to each other. :confused:
Just thought I'd mention it to see if it helps. sorry if it doesn't apply to anything here.

ramsrdebest

Feb 28, 2012
Not really a fix but

You could always just find a pre rooted rom to flash with odin, then once u have the pre rooted rom installed get rom manager and u will no longer have to worry about cwm. Plus u could then flash to whatever rom u need to using rom manager.

sunnymui

Jul 14, 2008
Hong Kong
Google Pixel 4
My method allows me to have a clear screen in CWM RECOVERY but after I flashed Galaxy Task 14 I get all blurred screen whenever my Tab is resumed from standby. I must set my screen to never turn off to prevent it flickering again.

May I ask which pre rooted ODLIN ROM do you guys recommend? If possible can you please provide the URL to it? I suspect the flickering problem has relation to the harmony between bootloader, kernel etc so I want to use the exact combination you guys are using.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

castiel19

Feb 20, 2012
Still not working

appreciate your help Misledz, 002001-Overcome_CWM_Recovery_v5.1.2.6 got same result.. my screen still flicker..

I think I will give up on CWM too complicated for me :)

Can you just give me tips on how to root my tab 10.1 without CWM (if that is possible)

castiel19

Feb 20, 2012
My method allows me to have a clear screen in CWM RECOVERY but after I flashed Galaxy Task 14 I get all blurred screen whenever my Tab is resumed from standby. I must set my screen to never turn off to prevent it flickering again.

May I ask which pre rooted ODLIN ROM do you guys recommend? If possible can you please provide the URL to it? I suspect the flickering problem has relation to the harmony between bootloader, kernel etc so I want to use the exact combination you guys are using.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

What Stock Rom did you use? a, planning to download stock rom
P7510ZCLA1 ## 2012 February P7510OZHLA1 China Download

From samfirmware and flash... hope I can use CWM and instal ROM

for the past 3 hours I tried to search pre rooted ROM that can be flash using Odin with no avail

Top Liked Posts