[Q] any s-off users trying to flash the ota and have it fail?

Search This thread

izzaeroth

Nov 28, 2009
I was having some issues with said otapkg. It kept hanging on me. I found a way to revert the files it checks back to stock and the ota went thru. Prior to doing this I had flashed the new firmware and radios.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

broprah

Apr 11, 2011
Durham NC
I wrestled with it for a little while last night and gave up. I was on stock with twrp, faux kernel, and some xposed modules but not much else. I had also frozen some bloat, which I suspect to be the problem. I tried reverting to the stock kernel, recovery, flashing everything manually, defrosting the bloatware, you name it. Still can't get the damn thing to take.

Pauls57

Apr 2, 2014
Buffalo
I tried to install twice with stock recovery and kernel. Only change was frozen isis wallet. Failed both times. Put everything back to my original settings, insecure kernel and twrp and flashed the firmware zips posted on the forum. Worked, but software version is still 1.12

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
I tried to install twice with stock recovery and kernel. Only change was frozen isis wallet. Failed both times. Put everything back to my original settings, insecure kernel and twrp and flashed the firmware zips posted on the forum. Worked, but software version is still 1.12

Software won't change till you flash a new based Rom as there r some already out that have been updated.

Pauls57

Apr 2, 2014
Buffalo
Have to take a look. Have you tried any of the custom roms?

cmay227

Jun 8, 2010
Tried several times...s-off and rooted that's all, nothing else. every time it goes to start flashing i get..."system/app/VZW Accessories.odex has unexpected contents installation aborted" I did have custom recovery but flashed stock recovery back. IDK

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
Tried several times...s-off and rooted that's all, nothing else. every time it goes to start flashing i get..."system/app/VZW Accessories.odex has unexpected contents installation aborted" I did have custom recovery but flashed stock recovery back. IDK

I had a different, but similar error.

Do you have any mods? I had a quick toggle for Power Save that stopped mine. You can leave stuff frozen, you just need a stock system. I luckily had a nandroid of stock.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

cmay227

Jun 8, 2010
I had a different, but similar error.

Do you have any mods? I had a quick toggle for Power Save that stopped mine. You can leave stuff frozen, you just need a stock system. I luckily had a nandroid of stock.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

Never mind, I think i have it figured out. I removed several Verizon apps with TB, Pretty sure that's the issue. Forgot all about removing those. Getting old and memory's going fast. ;)

izzaeroth

Nov 28, 2009
What I ended up doing was taking apps that I modded and replacing back all with stock ones from the system dump. It was kind of a pita but it allowed me to install the ota