I need to brick my unrooted phone into an unrepairable state! Help!

Search This thread

k1ngxjames

Jun 29, 2010
So I have a broken charger port on my HTC EVO 4G so I put it back to stock ROM and took it back to the store in hopes of having it replaced. However, the charger port being broken is not under warranty so they will not be able to replace it!

Can someone please give me a way to put my phone in a state where I would be able to replace it?

THANKS

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
So I have a broken charger port on my HTC EVO 4G so I put it back to stock ROM and took it back to the store in hopes of having it replaced. However, the charger port being broken is not under warranty so they will not be able to replace it!

Can someone please give me a way to put my phone in a state where I would be able to replace it?

THANKS

Balls sir BIG BRASS BALLS !

justmde

Sep 13, 2010
Pull the usb cord in the middle of odin. Do this at your own risk I could permantly brick your phone and they still wont take it back

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

animal7296

Dec 4, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT.

THANKS

If you have TEP (total equipment protection) Then sprint will repair it free for ya. If you do not have TEP itll cost ya $35. That, my friend, sounds like a better option than bricking your phone and having them still not replace it.

Dissenter

Oct 21, 2009
I got mine replaced when the 4G RSA Keys were "lost" (obviously through my own failure to backup before a root process). They replaced in no questions asked. That would be an easier way of "breaking" the phone without making it useless, in the event they still don't take it back.

Nefariouss

Jul 5, 2010
Houston
Wtf? They replaced mine for broken charger port with a new phone under warranty. Said it would take two days to get me a new phone but arrived in the mail the next day.
Sounds like you need to go back and not talk to the janitor about your charging port.

brokenbmx06

Mar 12, 2008

THANKS

I used to take out the battery and put my phones in the microwave for 10 seconds (or until it looked like something was going to start on fire or explode) then slip the batt back in and take it to the store.

T3hPWN

Sep 1, 2010
I used to take out the battery and put my phones in the microwave for 10 seconds (or until it looked like something was going to start on fire or explode) then slip the batt back in and take it to the store.

rofl.gif

Wow

10 Char!

darkansi

Feb 9, 2009

That does work, but try 4 second bursts. You dont want to crack the screen or cause dis-colorization.

J

Joeriginal

That does work, but try 4 second bursts. You dont want to crack the screen or cause dis-colorization.

On the microwave issue, you already have a damaged phone, dont add housefire to your list of problems, just pull the battery during an ruu(broken port. forgot. use the PCIMG.zip file.) update or something, or take it to another Sprint store, my store doesnt even look me twice when I take my rooted bricks for replacements.

Last edited:

Take05

Jun 23, 2010
why dont you just "lose it" and tell them you lost your phone and they should replace it... if you have the protection plan that covers that. but like the other guys said, just go in and demand a replacement, if the charging port doesn't work, then the phones pretty much useless. so they pretty much have too replace it.

merkk

Oct 5, 2009
Lansing, mi

THANKS
I would just try calling sprint directly or going to another store. If the phone is still under warranty i don't see how they can say not being able to charge the phone is not covered by the warranty.