Galaxy S4 Battery Issue : Check Your Serial Number Here

Search This thread

axlinside

Oct 30, 2013
Hi guys,

as you know some of the Galaxy S4's batteries are defective (batteries are swelling), especially in Europe. Samsung acknowledged the problem and offers free replacement.

Here's something from Samsung (not official yet though AFAIK) :

You can check the Serial Number of your battery. If the S/N starts with BD1D and the date is in the range of 401 - 529 (1st april - 29th may), it's probably a defective battery.

Any battery with S/N between BD1D401XX and BD1D529XX needs replacement.

Hope this will help some of you.

jax5ter

Sep 6, 2011
Kansas city
Hi guys,

as you know some of the Galaxy S4's batteries are defective (batteries are swelling), especially in Europe. Samsung acknowledged the problem and offers free replacement.

You can check the Serial Number of your battery. If the S/N starts with BD1D and the date is in the range of 401 - 529 (1st april - 29th may), it's probably a defective battery.

i smell corporate espionage :D

grillheadxl

Mar 26, 2012
WV
I agree! Especially since Samsung acknowledged the problem. It seems like the battery should come directly from them, but either way, you shouldn't pay a single cent for that replacement.

medo2_0

Dec 25, 2012
Alexandria
my battery is BD1D415 and it is defective and swelling :( and my phone was bought from Saudi Arabia and i live in EGYPT so my warranty doesn't cover it in EGYPT :(

Last edited:

kvlq

Jul 25, 2013
I have SN: AA1D606yS/2-B Made in Koreea, assembled in Vietnam. Is there any problems with this one? i got only 2-3 hours screen on on every ROM i tried, with everything off except 3G.

Paolonicus

Apr 3, 2012
Bulacan
Am I safe?

Mine says YS1D419S/2-B, Cell made in Japan, Assembled in China. I bought it here in KSA way back May this year when it became available, and stocks were low (good thing I got contacts from a known local retailer :D).

So does it mean I'm safe for the time being?

ngongi9

Sep 9, 2013
my battery starts with bd1d, and Im living in the Philippines, will my battery be replaced?

Bait-Fish

Aug 10, 2011
Southern California
@axlinside, I tried to find more information, like an official announcement from Samsung, but failed. Any links?

Edit: Luckily for me, none of my four batteries fits the description.

--OctOS Powered VZW GS4 Dev Edition

Last edited:

shuken88

Nov 8, 2013
Hi guys,

BD1D428BS/2-B defective. any source?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

I called T-mobile and complained. They sent a replacement this week at no cost. I jst have to pay shipping+tax ($8)

So you had to pay half the price of a battery anyways. What a rip-off! Free means FREE aka paying NOTHING!
    I have two phones. :highfive:
    Samsung Service (Greece) replaced my battery today.

Maybe, this topic should become sticky.
    BD1D605 series

My S4 reboots and gets into a bootloop @70% power. Only connecting it to poweradapter solves this loop.
    My battery is BD1D605 and is definitely swollen the last couple of days.
    Called Samsung and they would replace the battery in 8 days. After telling them that it's my business phone, they expedited the call and the new battery will arrive in 2 days.
    Excellent!

The phone was bought in the Netherlands at a Belcompany shop.