[Q] 64gb micro sd in a samsung galaxy tab2 10.1

Search This thread

anwho

May 31, 2012
Hey guys, just bought the new Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 with the micro .sd card slot. I was wondering if any one knows if the tablet takes 64.gb and if not what can i do to make that work. Thank you for your help.

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Some people have reported that it will take a class 10 64GB complete with screenshots.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

fomy

Dec 1, 2007
Yes 64gb works very well, but i have to format in my sgs2 before :)

Envoyé depuis mon GT-P5110 avec Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338838737338.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338838737338.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 6,261

anwho

May 31, 2012
neetste apts;

Formatted the sdxc on an LG phone and reformed it on the sgt.Igot it to work on my sgt 2 10.1 but nothing is saving to the external drive . Everything still goes to the internal drive

Everything automatically saves to the internal memory i don't have an option to save to external. I can actually move them to my external but that hassle.

Last edited:

keiko1

Jul 20, 2012
Formatted the sdxc on an LG phone and reformed it on the sgt.Igot it to work on my sgt 2 10.1 but nothing is saving to the external drive . Everything still goes to the internal drive

Everything automatically saves to the internal memory i don't have an option to save to external. I can actually move them to my external but that hassle.

I just just got a sgt 2 10.1 and concider to buy the sdxc, but did you manage to get it to work? Can you save to the card? Appreciate all advice. :)

LavaJoe

May 19, 2009
Yes, 64GB cards work in this tablet. I bought this one and I am using it now:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Mobile-MicroSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B005V7WIA2/

And yes, you can write to it as well.

BUT...note that it will not work out of the box. It is pre-formatted in a way that is incompatible with the tablet. And the tablet will not format it for you, even though it will offer to.

However, if you reformat it with the VFAT filesystem in a computer first, it will work fine in the tablet. I used Linux's "mkfs" utility to do this.

RuneHX23

Jul 21, 2012
I'm interested in this too...13 + 32GB of usable data isnt enough.

And LavaJoe, any idea how we could do that without Linux?

Ooochaa

Oct 12, 2012
Bekasi

Hello there, I'm using Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" too..
my problem is the same with yours. (I bought the 64GB one, SanDisk)
I don't have any other Android device to format it, I might have to borrow my friends' device.

I'd like to ask whether the SDXC card will automatically works on the tablet if the size is compatible or not..
I mean, will it saves files, music, games, applications, etc to the external storage? (If the size is compatible)
because you said that we can move them, but we have to move them manually..

I could use any kind of suggestions and helps here..

by the way, I'm new here.. :)

Last edited:

maccymaccy

Dec 21, 2013
64gb

they say it only takes the 32GB, but if I find that it really can take a 64GB card I might have to do an upgrade.

Sorry, but the only 64gb card the s2 10.1 tab will take is the standard micro card .If you put in a sdxc1..it WILL work but ONLY up to 32gb,then it will almost certainly lock and you might not be able unlock it..or reformat it even in a computer

Christoph21x

May 22, 2009
Schwyz
Sorry, but the only 64gb card the s2 10.1 tab will take is the standard micro card .If you put in a sdxc1..it WILL work but ONLY up to 32gb,then it will almost certainly lock and you might not be able unlock it..or reformat it even in a computer

NOT correct. You'll find cards that'll give you all of the 64...
a huge discussion all around.

Rated RR

Jun 8, 2007
So, I was just playing around with it. It seems that CM11 is supporting exFAT file system with our tablet. Therefore my 64GB microSDXC is working right after formatted from within Windows 7 on exFAT. :)

Top Liked Posts