Forcing Sony App Updates

Search This thread

goon3r

Sep 8, 2010
I have D6503 from Taiwan. I'm running the FW 17.1.A.2.69 and I'm trying to figure out why I don't get the option to update the Walkman or Album apps to the latest version. For example, my Album app is currently at 5.4.A.0.24 however a newer version 6.0.A.0.26 is already available (with the new layout). The Walkman app is stuck on version 5.x as well.

Is there something I can do to force the update ? What am I missing here.

napkun

Sep 7, 2012
I have D6503 from Taiwan. I'm running the FW 17.1.A.2.69 and I'm trying to figure out why I don't get the option to update the Walkman or Album apps to the latest version. For example, my Album app is currently at 5.4.A.0.24 however a newer version 6.0.A.0.26 is already available (with the new layout). The Walkman app is stuck on version 5.x as well.

Is there something I can do to force the update ? What am I missing here.

I had the same issue with my Z2, from Taiwan also. I was able to update the album app but I wouldn't see any updates for the walkman app. I was able to update the walkman app by downloading the appropriate apk though.

goon3r

Sep 8, 2010
Have you tried launching the Update Center app and search for updates?

Yes, several times.

I had the same issue with my Z2, from Taiwan also. I was able to update the album app but I wouldn't see any updates for the walkman app. I was able to update the walkman app by downloading the appropriate apk though.

Yes, I'm sure I can get the APKs easy enough I just don't get why I have to jump thru hoops for what should be an OTA app update. Can anyone shed some light on this ?

One thing I seem to remember is that when I first turned the phone on, I think there was a pending app update and a system update. The system update seemed to go thru first, the apps obviously did not complete.

augie7107

Mar 18, 2009
Boston
Sony Xperia Pro-I
I had the same issue TW device on 69. Waited two days for walkman update and ended up downloading apk. It was updating fine on 55.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

goon3r

Sep 8, 2010
Very interesting. So perhaps its something with this update. I think I'll post a thread on the Sony Mobile forums to hopefully put this on their radar.

I had the same issue TW device on 69. Waited two days for walkman update and ended up downloading apk. It was updating fine on 55.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

acheney1990

Oct 29, 2013
Saint Stephen
In Canada I'm still on the .55 update and am not able to update using the ota update section in the settings, it says no update available. Is there anyway to update to the new firmware? I'm having a few bugs and was hoping this would fix it.

Sent From My Xperia Z2.

raducanmihai

Aug 24, 2011
Brașov
I am on TW .69 firmware and I also don't have any updates for Album or Walkman. Album is on 5.4.A.0.24 and Walkman on 8.1.A.0.7.

What are the latest versions and where can I get them from?
Thank you.

Last edited:

raducanmihai

Aug 24, 2011
Brașov
Found them. It's strange because on .55 one of the first things to update are the Album and Walkman but on .69 ... nothing. :(
I'm waiting for a UK .69 (or Central Europe)