LG G2 is UNBRICKABLE NOW! [FIX REAL HARD BRICK]

Search This thread

george7565

Jun 29, 2014
Alappuzha
Problem Description

1.LG G2 stuck at boot logo.
2.Cannot enter download Mode
3.Stuck at factory reset screen (factory reset processing) and cannot enter RECOVERY
4.cannot enter fastboot mode
5.Phone not detecting in your computer either windows or linux!
6.Cannot enter qhsusb mode.
7.Gone to service centre and they said to replace motherboard and u hav no warranty!

This can occur when flashing wrong images to the partitions when in qhsusb mode.
IF YOU CAN ENTER QHSUSB MODE [BLACK SCREEN BOOT] THEN FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142

Only solution for you guys is the following..

[THIS SOLUTION IS EASY BUT NEEDS YOU TO MESS WITH THE MOTHERBOARD.BUT SOLUTION DOESNOT REQUIRE HARDWARE SERVICE SKILLS.THE ONLY OTHER SOLUTION FOR YOU GUYS IS TO CHANGE THE MOTHERBOARD.SO THIS WIL BE YOUR ONLY CHOICE.]

Tools Required
1.Screw driver
2.Pry tool
3.Insulated small wire piece (sharped one edge).

Steps to FIX

1. Remove the Backcover of your phone.

2. Remove the backplastic on upper part of phone using screw driver.
WP_20141013_20_54_30_Pro.jpg

3. Remove Battery Connector.
[THIS VIDEO IS A GOOD TUTORIAL TO DO ALL THIS]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O12UJMOCx1w

4.Remove all connectors except camera connector.
WP_20141013_20_57_25_Pro.jpg

5. Remove Buttons plate,(buttons plate is sticked to the surface.)
WP_20141013_20_58_45_Pro.jpg

6.Reattach connectors except battery connector.
WP_20141013_21_35_43_Pro.jpg

7. Connect phone to computer using usb cable

8. Short the capacitors c5000 and c5004 of the IC U5001 using wire end(Keep on trying till phone light comes and pc detects phone.)
deadmode1.png

find the capacitors using this image.(short both siverdots and capacitor terminals above it)
deadmode2.jpg

Like this,
WP_20141013_21_38_50_Pro.jpg

9. After going to black screen (qhsusb mode) attach battery connector and remove usb cable..

10. Then follow this thread to flash only laf.img,aboot.img and boot.img of your stock ROM.

11. After successful flash of images, remove battery connector and other connectors and reattach buttonsplate.

12 After attaching buttons plate,check your device going into download mode, and use flash tool to flash stock rom.

THEN PHONE SHOULD BOOT NORMALLY...ATTACH BACK PLASTIC AND PHONE BACK COVER..BE CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH ANY CONTACTS..
THATS ALL,NOW YOU HAVE YOUR DEVICE COME BACK ALIVE...

IF I SAVED YOUR DEVICE, DONT FORGET TO HIT THANKS AND DONATE ME IF YOU CAN!..:eek::eek::):)

Thanks
Partager.info for his linux solution.
brappa for sharing info.

Confirmed Working on
D800 (AT&T)
D801 (Tmobile)
D802 (International)
D803

DONATIONS
1. S.Constantinou
2. haizaar
3. hidiquis

Last edited:

vishal11in

Jan 1, 2012
Good tutorial, hopefully it will.benefit lot of users to save on.huge.motherboard cost.

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda premium

kryptonite

Feb 19, 2007
Stuck at step 8 with the LS980. I am hoping it works with this board too.

The Question I have is we have to short 2 sets , 1 set is the 2 silver dots and the other set is the capacitor above the 2 silver dots. Does this have to be done simultaneously ?

polopaz

Jul 23, 2007
Málaga (SPAIN)
Really magical!!!

One question: after the process my d802 works fine except the power button, anyone else?. I think o broke the buttons flex ???

george7565

Jun 29, 2014
Alappuzha
Really magical!!!

One question: after the process my d802 works fine except the power button, anyone else?. I think o broke the buttons flex ???

You must be carefull with the connectors.Use the pry tools only to safetly remove connectors and please reconnect the buttons connector from motherboard and check once more?

Becoz i deteched them more than a 100 times have not got a single damage.Use specified tools only.

Last edited:

kryptonite

Feb 19, 2007
Been trying for a few hours no luck with the LS980 yet.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Also any reason why the photos were taken down from the fist post ?

kryptonite

Feb 19, 2007
You must be carefull with the connectors.Use the primping tools only to safetly remove connectors and please reconnect the buttons connector from motherboard and check once more?

Becoz i deteched them more than a 100 times have not got a single damage.Use specified tools only.

Giving up on LS980. If anyone has success with LS980 please let me know or post in this thread!

kryptonite

Feb 19, 2007
I think you are shorting it the wrong way..try replugging the usb cable. hold the insulation of the wire without touching copper and short it.

I did tried that multiple times , I am not holding the copper but holding insulation and shorting the pins.

I short the 2 silver nodes and the 2 cap terminals above the silver nodes.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I also have a feeling there may be some dependency of the bootloader still needing to be alive in the EMMC partition for this fix to work. In my case my bootloader was erased which caused the brick.

Reactions: virginwidow

george7565

Jun 29, 2014
Alappuzha
I did tried that multiple times , I am not holding the copper but holding insulation and shorting the pins.

I short the 2 silver nodes and the 2 cap terminals above the silver nodes.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

I also have a feeling there may be some dependency of the bootloader still needing to be alive in the EMMC partition for this fix to work. In my case my bootloader was erased which caused the brick.

Disabling EMMC is what we do to enter qhsusb mode.There is no dependency.. In your case can u pls wait..I can only check this on this sunday.Im very busy now..

kryptonite

Feb 19, 2007
Sure I will wait. I also soldered 0 ohm resistor on the 2 silver nodes and removed the capacitor and added a 0 ohm resistor there as well, which effectively shorts it. But it still keeps coming up as QDLoader mode 9008 and no lights turn on.

I will now wait for your next update on Sunday.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problem Description

1.LG G2 stuck at boot logo.
    2.Cannot enter download Mode
    3.Stuck at factory reset screen (factory reset processing) and cannot enter RECOVERY
    4.cannot enter fastboot mode
    5.Phone not detecting in your computer either windows or linux!
    6.Cannot enter qhsusb mode.
    7.Gone to service centre and they said to replace motherboard and u hav no warranty!

This can occur when flashing wrong images to the partitions when in qhsusb mode.
    IF YOU CAN ENTER QHSUSB MODE [BLACK SCREEN BOOT] THEN FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL

Only solution for you guys is the following..

[THIS SOLUTION IS EASY BUT NEEDS YOU TO MESS WITH THE MOTHERBOARD.BUT SOLUTION DOESNOT REQUIRE HARDWARE SERVICE SKILLS.THE ONLY OTHER SOLUTION FOR YOU GUYS IS TO CHANGE THE MOTHERBOARD.SO THIS WIL BE YOUR ONLY CHOICE.]

Tools Required
    1.Screw driver
    2.Pry tool
    3.Insulated small wire piece (sharped one edge).

Steps to FIX

1. Remove the Backcover of your phone.

2. Remove the backplastic on upper part of phone using screw driver.
    WP_20141013_20_54_30_Pro.jpg

3. Remove Battery Connector.
    [THIS VIDEO IS A GOOD TUTORIAL TO DO ALL THIS]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O12UJMOCx1w

4.Remove all connectors except camera connector.
    WP_20141013_20_57_25_Pro.jpg

5. Remove Buttons plate,(buttons plate is sticked to the surface.)
    WP_20141013_20_58_45_Pro.jpg

6.Reattach connectors except battery connector.
    WP_20141013_21_35_43_Pro.jpg

7. Connect phone to computer using usb cable

8. Short the capacitors c5000 and c5004 of the IC U5001 using wire end(Keep on trying till phone light comes and pc detects phone.)
    deadmode1.png

find the capacitors using this image.(short both siverdots and capacitor terminals above it)
    deadmode2.jpg

Like this,

9. After going to black screen (qhsusb mode) attach battery connector and remove usb cable..

10. Then follow this thread to flash only laf.img,aboot.img and boot.img of your stock ROM.

11. After successful flash of images, remove battery connector and other connectors and reattach buttonsplate.

12 After attaching buttons plate,check your device going into download mode, and use flash tool to flash stock rom.

THEN PHONE SHOULD BOOT NORMALLY...ATTACH BACK PLASTIC AND PHONE BACK COVER..BE CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH ANY CONTACTS..
    THATS ALL,NOW YOU HAVE YOUR DEVICE COME BACK ALIVE...

IF I SAVED YOUR DEVICE, DONT FORGET TO HIT THANKS AND DONATE ME IF YOU CAN!..:eek::eek::):)

Thanks
    Partager.info for his linux solution.
    brappa for sharing info.

Confirmed Working on
    D800 (AT&T)
    D801 (Tmobile)
    D802 (International)
    D803

DONATIONS
    1. S.Constantinou
    2. haizaar
    3. hidiquis
    did everything again ... tried to flash with tot mathod ... it stopped

model D802
    DLL D801
    device model is different
    check phone or dll

i am totally F**KED ....

I had the same problem with my G2 from aliexpress taht came with fw D80220B . After flashing twrp phone booted only to fastboot.I figured out the phone is ATT D800. I was able to get DL mode(by flashing aboot.boot,laf,recovery,rpm and tz images from fw D80220C, do not ask me how :D) LG flashtool refused to flash LGD800AT-01-V10d-310-410-AUG-14-2013+0 .tot file because of ddl and tot didnt match. I used LGUP_8974.dll to bypass model check but flashtool failed to flash tot with error CrossDL D802 to D800. Workaround was to use a hex editor and edit the file tot file as u can see on screenshots
    qs1krr.jpg
    zxaahi.jpg

->edit model number->left upper corner file->save.!Backup original unedited tot file to prevent downloading it again!
    If LGflashtool fail to load your edited tot with error failed to load previous blah blah blah,close flashtool,restart pc,start hex editor and edit tot again and try lgflashtool. I did this step 4 times to get rid of failed to load previous error (i think it is because of my PC running W7 64bit-sometimes saving edited tot file took 2 mins and sometimes it was just in second). Then finally lg flashtool started flashing tot :D after 1~2 mins when the bar was at 39% Failed error pop up.I closed flashtool and restared pc,putted phone in DL mode again and started flashing but now with unedited TOT and original dll (in my case LGD800_20130904_LGFLASHv160.dll).Voila my G2 is running again with original D80010d after 2 weeks:D

Sorrry for my really bad english,hope you can understand

EDIT/ If your phone is refurbished as mine with changed imei do not try to restore it from lg mobile support tool,it will not work as it is downloading fw that dont match with your phone
    First of all I want to thank @george7565 for such wonderful discovery. I'm sure that many people who bricked their phone with this guide: [FIX] NO Recovery mode, No download mode, after OTA on rooted LG G2 will fix their phones just like I did.

I found short circuiting a little bit tricky, but in the end I found the way to make it.

To short circuit the capacitors I used small piece of cooper wire cut from Ethernet UTP cable.
    fWdnSEVykVFSVIaNf5hC9N2V22TBewo-cBKfngv5AAbV=w768-h812-no

It's important that when short circuiting is that wire ends should touch opposite sides of the capacitors.
    Also the short circuited capacitors must be next to each other horizontally. See the picture below:
    shortcircuit.jpg

As you can see, depending on what is short circuited you get QDLOADER 9008 or QHSUSB mode.
    So now LG G2 is INDEED UNBRICKABLE. For those who got QDLOADER 9008 mode, see the picture, fix your phones, don't waste the money on board replacements.

After I got QHSUSB mode I had further problems. Lubuntu didn't recognized my phone's mass memory partitions, it recognized it as some 2.1TB Qualcomm disk. I found the workaround, I backedup the entire nand of my working LG G2 using this method: [GUIDE] How to make a nandroid backup directly to your computer without using sdcard, then using Computer managment -> Storage in Windows 8, I deleted all phones partitions and flashed the the backup image using Win32 Disk Imager. It's important for this one that both phones are same variant and memory capacity. After that, I restored IMEI using this tool: [TOOL] Updated! 26/06/14 - EFS Professional v2.1.73 - Also for NON-Samsung devices! Also I have a problems with GPS fix, perhaps back cover position needs some tuning, I hope this guide can help, I didn't try:
    Réparer en 5 minutes le GPS LG g2

Cheers :)
    how to short tst point video by me

Someone please make a video..

see this video to know how to short test point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiofVOqfnxw
    Holy sh*t is this magic? Haha :D

Yea this magic is real!:eek::eek::eek::eek: