Accessories for Iconia A700

Search This thread

Shudushi

Jul 7, 2008
Got it today. Fits perfectly. All plugs (headphones, micro-USB, HDMI, micros-SD-card slot) are accessabel, speakers are uncovered, so a clear sound like without a case.

Reactions: Beknatok

DЯΦiDi@П

Jun 16, 2012
Just placed an order for this case:

Poetic HardBack Protective Case for ACER ICONIA TAB A510 / ACER ICONIA TAB A700 Black With HandStrap with Built-in Folding Cover

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088KA7LQ/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Will provide feedback when it shows up. :D

It's the same as the one above.

Nice slim design, but for transportation in a bag I use this one too, because the slim one is not dust-proof:

(Case Logic PLS210K)

Sadly the power connector doesn't fit when the slim case is closed, caused by the angular jack:

463nt_0ran63

Mar 30, 2009
Has someone found s case with bluetooth Keyboard? I would like to have one, so the usage would be like a small laptop.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app

ninjaw

Jul 9, 2006
Paris
It *SHOULD* work. I cannot say with 100% certainty... at least not until mine shows up next week. :D

What the hell are you talking about ! we already stated that IT SHOULD NOT WORK ! look at the acer charger, they added a pin so it cannot be plugged on anything than A700, that's because that special port is 12V, where classic usb is only 5V. More tests are saying that it will work but only very very slow (24 hours ?) and if the tablet is turned off, also, charge led will be off. Because of this special 12V thing, A700 won't charge on usb, at regular speed, ever.

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

Just placed an order for this case:

Poetic HardBack Protective Case for ACER ICONIA TAB A510 / ACER ICONIA TAB A700 Black With HandStrap with Built-in Folding Cover

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088KA7LQ/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Will provide feedback when it shows up. :D

These two cases are looking great, but why the hell aren't they 360° rotative ?

I own this DURAGADGET Black 360 Degree Rotating Stand Case For Acer Iconia Tab A500:
41ijVY47JRL._AA300_.jpg

And i really need the same thing for my a700, as you can see it's very thin and light but also very hard

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

wait a minute, here's a rotative case for a700 ! unfortunaly tablet is not hold by a "barely there" plastic thing, but still...

http://www.amazon.fr/Evecase-Multi-Angle-rotation-couverture-protection/dp/B008B5ET7G/ref=sr_1_2
41-01IVXJTL._AA300_.jpg

Rick 64D

Jun 24, 2012
Kaneohe, HI
I plugged the wall charger for my Samsung Galaxy Nexus (5V, 1.0A output) into my A700 last night. It went from 56% charge at 2300 hrs to 100% charge at 0700 hrs this morning. I'll try it with a notebook USB port (5V, 0.5A) tonight. I'll also post this in the USB Charging thread.

acdcking12345

Mar 17, 2011
So basically we can't buy extra ac adapters right now?

I checked the ACER store and nothing. Nothing I can find on ebay or amazon either.

Beknatok

Dec 1, 2008
Chicagoland Burbs
Wanted to provide feedback on the Poetic Hardback Case.

Pros: Construction quality of this case is very nice. Leather is good quality and the case is very sturdy. There is an elastic band that you can use to hold the case to the back of the A700 when "opened flat," and the handstrap is a very convenient feature when in that configuration. When opened tilted, I found that the four different viewing angles were suitable for my needs. The case is also sturdy enough for me to use on uneven surfaces like my lap. Finally the stylus holder is a nice touch.

Cons: Due to the material, I am speculating that it might inhibit heat dissipation. This is only speculation at this time.

Sadly the power connector doesn't fit when the slim case is closed, caused by the angular jack:

^^^ This. :-( If I keep the A700 for the long haul, I'm going to cut my case to alleviate this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got it today. Fits perfectly. All plugs (headphones, micro-USB, HDMI, micros-SD-card slot) are accessabel, speakers are uncovered, so a clear sound like without a case.
    I wouldnt mind picking up a second charger. Where would you guys look?

MonoPrice.com

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10851&cs_id=1085102&p_id=8856&seq=1&format=2

In a nutshell, make sure to find a USB Power Adapter that puts out 2A of juice. Most non-tablet AC adaptors only put out 1A, which isn't enough for a tablet.
    My Review of the Poetic Case for A700

I bought the Poetic case for my new A700. I'm an XDA noob so I can't post the link. However you will find that link in another post in this forum.

1. The case if a bit flimsy. I get that it needs to be flexible to be able to contort to be used as a stand, but when I open the case to use the tablet it seems to weak. A better design would have been to include the stand directly in back and embedded into the case that you could pull out.

2. When the case is closed the hand strap rests on top of the glass. The soft felt-like material touches the glass but so does the stretchy band. I don't like that, even if the tablet has great glass.

3. The three ridges on which the tablet sits against when deployed are not very substantial. The tablet sits okay, but it seems like the tablet wants to suddenly scoot off the ridge.

4. There is a stretchy band on the inside cover to (I'm assuming) hold papers. Those papers would then sit up against the glass. Again, I don't like that.

5. The underside of the case has a cut-out for the camera. I understand why this is, so you can take pictures while the tab is in the case. But it also exposes the camera lens to the elements and to potential scratches. I take extra care of my electronics, but you never know.

Overall, I guess if you're looking for a cheap case for your tablet this will fit the bill. After all, it's only $14.95. But I think back to the time I bought a new motorcycle (street) helmet. The sales guy told me, "How much is your head worth? If it's worth $100 for a low-end helmet, get that. If it's worth the high-end $500 helmet, get that." Good point.

I'll be looking for a more substantial protection for my tablet, but I'll keep this one as a back-up.
    well i found a possible perfect case from Sikai

I was going to order the poetic cover but I can't never deside and kept looking. I've heard eBay has the most selection and searched until I found this case. I do not own this case but looks to protect the unit better than the others I have seen here. They also have a gel skin for the A700/510.
    I'm actually excited about this one so let me know what you guys think.

EBay link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/190674338353?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Supplier showing more Images and details
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/581542835/Sikai_Ultra_thin_Microfiber_case_for.html

Picture:

Case
    460177003_690.jpg

Gel skin
    469298487_176.jpg