[root] Triangle Away

Search This thread

scottx .

[root] Triangle Away

This will reset the flash counter on any GT2. You would only need to do this for warranty reasons and/or returning to store.

639e026d-5c23-300e.jpg

Code:
Many Samsung devices store a flash counter that keeps track of how many times you have flashed *custom* firmwares to your device. On some devices, a yellow triangle or other sort of visual warning is also displayed during boot if you are running a *custom* firmware. TriangleAway was built do disable the triangle (if a visual warning is present) and reset the custom ROM flash counter to 0. This app requires root !

You can find out the current status of your flash counter and firmware state (custom or official) by booting into "download mode" on most devices. The usual way of getting into "download mode" is by first turning off your device, then turning it on by pressing and holding volumedown+home+power. Alternatively, the "adb reboot download" command also often works.

When you run TriangleAway, if your device and firmware are supported, it will show you the detected state of the binary (custom or official) and flash counter value, and the option to "Reset flash counter". Please confirm that the information shown is correct before resetting the values.

On a number of devices, TriangleAway can work, but your firmware may not be supported directly. In that case, the app will tell you it needs to reboot into a special boot mode, which will be happen if you select "Reset flash counter". The device will reboot into a special mode which will allow you to review the current status and reset the binary and flash counter values (or abort and do nothing).

[B]!!! THIS IS A DANGEROUS OPERATION AND COULD POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. A USB JIG IS PREFERRED IF YOU HAVE A WORKING ONE !!![/b]

( and by brick I mean brick - only a board replacement or a JTAG unit will be able to save you, don't mess with boot(loader) stuff unless you *really* mean it! )

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.triangleaway&hl=en

Please visit this thread for more information and to download it free. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494114

Last edited:

mab71

Jan 18, 2011
Kay El
Great great news!!! The counter was the only hindrance for me to root....thanks a lot

Sent from my GT-P5100

Mohamedselim

Feb 3, 2012
Giza
Could i try it in cm10 nightly i think it will not write official ?
Have you tried it in custom rom or stock?

Sent from my GT-P5100 using xda app-developers app

silentvisitor

Mar 15, 2012
It works on both ICS and JB.
I tested it on CM10 only :)

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

@scotx
How come almost all the apps have a Transparent BG or Wallpaper BG in your Tab/ROM ? Looks good :)
Would you mind sharing plz ?

scottx .

It works on both ICS and JB.
I tested it on CM10 only :)

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

@scotx
How come almost all the apps have a Transparent BG or Wallpaper BG in your Tab/ROM ? Looks good :)
Would you mind sharing plz ?

That's just the cm theme. The one you see above is named "Cobalt" and its on the play store. Search for it.

Glad you like it :)

Mohamedselim

Feb 3, 2012
Giza
Can the 1.90 version work good with my p3100 or i need to download the 1.80 version?

Should work the update as i know is to add new devices not to exclude old devices
Before you try it enter download mode by volume down + power and see binary counter and see also state custom or official then compare with values of triangle away app if they are the same so i think safe

Reactions: Aliendex

xperia ray

Oct 31, 2011
Jaipur
Worked :)

Stock ICS LE1 Firmware rooted and latest CWM recovery v6.

Tip: Doing this on custom rom is not a good idea :\

mymeatb18

Feb 27, 2011
miami
Sorry if this is a noob question, I just got my tab last week and rooted it. What is the purpose of resetting the flash count?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [root] Triangle Away

This will reset the flash counter on any GT2. You would only need to do this for warranty reasons and/or returning to store.

639e026d-5c23-300e.jpg

Code:
    Many Samsung devices store a flash counter that keeps track of how many times you have flashed *custom* firmwares to your device. On some devices, a yellow triangle or other sort of visual warning is also displayed during boot if you are running a *custom* firmware. TriangleAway was built do disable the triangle (if a visual warning is present) and reset the custom ROM flash counter to 0. This app requires root !

You can find out the current status of your flash counter and firmware state (custom or official) by booting into "download mode" on most devices. The usual way of getting into "download mode" is by first turning off your device, then turning it on by pressing and holding volumedown+home+power. Alternatively, the "adb reboot download" command also often works.

When you run TriangleAway, if your device and firmware are supported, it will show you the detected state of the binary (custom or official) and flash counter value, and the option to "Reset flash counter". Please confirm that the information shown is correct before resetting the values.

On a number of devices, TriangleAway can work, but your firmware may not be supported directly. In that case, the app will tell you it needs to reboot into a special boot mode, which will be happen if you select "Reset flash counter". The device will reboot into a special mode which will allow you to review the current status and reset the binary and flash counter values (or abort and do nothing).

[B]!!! THIS IS A DANGEROUS OPERATION AND COULD POTENTIALLY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. A USB JIG IS PREFERRED IF YOU HAVE A WORKING ONE !!![/b]

( and by brick I mean brick - only a board replacement or a JTAG unit will be able to save you, don't mess with boot(loader) stuff unless you *really* mean it! )

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.triangleaway&hl=en

Please visit this thread for more information and to download it free. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494114
    Can the 1.90 version work good with my p3100 or i need to download the 1.80 version?

Should work the update as i know is to add new devices not to exclude old devices
    Before you try it enter download mode by volume down + power and see binary counter and see also state custom or official then compare with values of triangle away app if they are the same so i think safe

I'd rather get first on a Samsung Stock with Root, and such then run TA then check your counter and flas non-rooted Stock and Wipe. IF the System Status in the Setting->Device info -> Status is Official then be Happy.
    I didnt use TA on customs since I didnt use Customs (especially non-TW ones) on my Note 2, which had several TA sessions...