[THEME - FINAL VERSION] Team420 presents: Esnes v2.6.0 - Inverted Sense(17th Aug)

Search This thread

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Re: [THEME/MOD] Team420 presents: Esnes v1.0 - Inverted Sense 4.5 mod (19th Feb)

What Do you mean which skin? I use Sense 5 Icon skin ans beats Sound mod.
Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Settings/Personalise/Skins.....

Which skin is applied? For now this mod will only work with the default HTC skin

Last edited:

beanbean50

Jul 9, 2008
London
Yep as I mentioned, it will only work with the HTC skin. All other skins need adapting to work properly. The mod pack isn't a flashable zip I'm afraid. Its more a resource for my fellow themers to make adapting their skins a little less of a chore!

If there's a skin you want to use, you'll need to ask the skin chef to adapt it....or ask permission to adapt it yourself

Haha! yep now i understand thanks for explaining :eek:

*just realised the skin i want use (AmeriKa 420) is made by none other than ur follow 420 team member mayfield103 of big clock fame [yes clock..lockscreen clock] :silly:

so, when i find the time i'll pm him and ask if he plans to adapt his skins with ur mod :fingers-crossed:

thanks again for this amazing work :good:

Reactions: fisha21

theDroidfanatic

Apr 24, 2012
Jeddah
www.twitter.com
Re: [THEME/MOD] Team420 presents: Esnes v1.0 - Inverted Sense 4.5 mod (19th Feb)

Well, what can I say, Team420, and Fisha, if the stuff they produce isn't top notch, then I don't know what is.

EPIC. :D

Sent from my HTC One X

nashshafrulrezza

Jul 8, 2011
Johor Bahru
Google Pixel 4 XL

Haha! yep now i understand thanks for explaining :eek:

*just realised the skin i want use (AmeriKa 420) is made by none other than ur follow 420 team member mayfield103 of big clock fame [yes clock..lockscreen clock] :silly:

so, when i find the time i'll pm him and ask if he plans to adapt his skins with ur mod :fingers-crossed:

thanks again for this amazing work :good:

Send me the apk.. I can port it for you.. I will talk to may for permission.. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

HC4Life

Nov 16, 2007
Hardcore
I already installed and i must say this is the best theme so far.

I hope u continue working on this theme, it's simply amazing.

Thx 4 your great work fisha ;)

nashshafrulrezza

Jul 8, 2011
Johor Bahru
Google Pixel 4 XL
Last edited:

beanbean50

Jul 9, 2008
London
You'll get it in one hour! :)

As I promise.. here you go.. Mayfield amerika420 skin inverted : http://db.tt/oIKshobj

downloaded and installed! many thanks for that bud :) and of course thanks also to mayfield and fisha ... now all we need is s-off to get rid of the bright white splash screen when rebooting hehe

guiltyundertaker

Aug 11, 2011
Brighton
OPPO Find X3 Pro
I'm not getting this to work on Viper 3.3.7, it just breaks everything, I've tried twice but phone freezes after booting then crashes. Only thing I can think is that maybe I should switch to htc skin before flashing rather than after? I'm restoring again right now. Any help would be appreciated...

EDIT: Just by chance my phone rebooted rather than going to recovery right as I posted this, and I had enough time to get in and change the skin before it froze up, then it rebooted and everything is working fine. Love it, thanks alot, best skin/theme by far!!

Last edited:

djkaija

Dec 4, 2010

I must be doing something wrong. Tried to install the zip in the OP twice and it failed. Have I downloaded the wrong file? First time I thought it was a bad download so downloaded again but failed to install. (I also tried to install with HTC skin selected) I'm on Viper 3.3.7
Thanks in advance for your help.

DelBoy

Nov 29, 2009

Working perfectly on viper 3.3.7

Bug
Black text on add-shortcuts

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361566343289.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361566343289.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 332

nashshafrulrezza

Jul 8, 2011
Johor Bahru
Google Pixel 4 XL

Bug

It not a bug.. the launcher not being adapt to use with inverted sense.. I have no idea how to adapt it in launcher. Maybe fisha can help.

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007

Hi,

Can u make SD Manager in the last ViperX rom inverted too?

Thx ;)

I'll look into that

Hi,first off all an amazing theme. I'm on IC 15.3.2 with no modifications and when i install your theme my lockscreen ist gone :(
Any ideas?

Might be that the lockscreen apk is named slightly differently. Anyone else had issues with non-viper roms?

Wow! This looks incredible, just what I've been after, just waiting for the download now. I've fallen in love with Sensecream, so I just hope I can get a mix of both at some point! Will report back later...

Yep, at some point I will adapt Sensecream too

I must be doing something wrong. Tried to install the zip in the OP twice and it failed. Have I downloaded the wrong file? First time I thought it was a bad download so downloaded again but failed to install. (I also tried to install with HTC skin selected) I'm on Viper 3.3.7
Thanks in advance for your help.

Not sure what's going wrong for you, I use viper myself so I can guarantee the zip works fine

Bug

Which launcher are you using? Probably should have specified in the OP that you may get the odd glitch with 3rd party apps since I can't control where they draw their images from. There's nothing I can do about it, apart from sit and adapt every single app to work properly....which isn't going to happen!

Reactions: HC4Life

Lo_RaT_PeNaT

Aug 5, 2008
Valencia

Fisha you plain new updates?

Enviado desde mi HTC One X usando Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

You can add a white border, in settings widgets and folders on the desktop?

Enviado desde mi HTC One X usando Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    esnes3.png

WHAT DO YOU GET?

Thanks to some very knowledgeable people on this site, I finally managed to complete the inverted Sense mod that I started on ICS!

I also decided to address the blue/green imbalance and convert the leftover green stuff to HTC JB blue, again for a more unified feel.

In particular, I owe thanks to

• Il Duce and steal25 for giving us a compilable com.htc.resources.apk
    • joeyfettucine for invaluable advice
    • mwilky for advice and assistance
    • fichl for helping me to keep the theme up to date with later versions of ViperX

REQUIREMENTS

• Rooted XHDPI device running Sense 4+

• Custom recovery (works with TWRP and CWM)

• ROM based on 3.14.401.31 - should work with any rom, stock or custom, as long as it's rooted

COMPATIBLE DEVICES
    So far only tested on One X, but in theory should work on any Sense 4.5 device.

If you try it on any other device, please let me know if it worked.

BUGS

• Main bug is that this will only work with the default HTC skin. There are certain UI elements that get overwritten by custom skins, so they will need adapting for inverted Sense -- more on that in post 2

• You may get odd glitches when using 3rd party apps. Unfortunately this is unavoidable since I can't control where they draw their images/resources from

Any others, please let me know!​

CHANGELOG

v2.6.0 - FINAL
    • updated for compatibility with ViperX 3.8.0 - thanks again to @fichl
    • updated to latest Aroma installer (2.70)
    • included fichl's theme uninstaller
    • eliminated all green from statusbar/EQS as well

v2.5.5
    • updated for compatibility with ViperX 3.7.5 - thanks to @fichl for some of the files

v2.5.4
    • updated for compatibility with ViperX 3.7.4 - thanks to @fichl...again!!

v2.5.2
    • updated for compatibility with ViperX 3.7.1 - thanks to @fichl

v2.5.1
    • fixed issues with com.htc.resources - should fix various app FC - thanks to @fichl
    • fixed black text on PIN entry screen and PIN settings screen
    • fixed issues with EQS toggles in ViperX 3.7.0

v2.5.0
    • updated for compatibility with ViperX 3.7.0
    • added several more inverted Venom apps - thanks to @fichl
    • fixed black text on black background in Mail app

v2.4.2
    • reverted to ViperX 3.6.1 tweaks files to fix FC
    • fixed grey backgrounds on expanded lists (eg Mail) - thanks to fichl
    • fixed couple of other text entry bugs

v2.4
    • updated for full compatibility with latest base
    • added flat black statusbar/notification drag handle
    • fixed text on Weather app and Calendar-Month page - thanks to @grinder19 for the fix
    • fixed Weather bar background on Calendar-Day page
    • made inactive checkboxes/radio buttons dark grey for better contrast - thanks to @Whiskey103 for the idea :)
    • cleaned up updater-script

v2.3
    • fixed FC with Venom Tweaks

v2.2
    • tidied up some popup menu/dialog box issues
    • rethemed Settings toggles

v2.1
    • Fixed disappearing lockscreen issue
    • Fixed remaining white menu backgrounds in Venom Tweaks

v2.0
    • Updated for compatibility with 3.20.x base

v1.1
    • Fixed leftover white area on APM (on ViperX at least, not sure about other ROMs)
    • found a few more green bits that got missed
    • found a few grey pop ups that didn't quite fit - converted to black

v1.0
    • Initial release:
    • fully inverted Sense UI and all Sense apps
    • also changed highlights etc from green to blue, to give a more consistent feel
    • modded Dialers and HTC keyboard to fit the inverted/blue feel - optional install

INVERTED GOOGLE APPS

There have been a few requests for inverted G Apps. I've never bothered with these, since there are already some excellent inversions out there.

I tend to use either Team BlackOut's or rujelus22's inverted apps. Between the two of them, they have pretty much all apps covered, including many popular 3rd party apps​
    FOR THEMERS

Okay, as stated above, this mod will not work properly with custom skins, due to the changed text colours. They will need to be adapted to work properly. Sorry, I know that's a pain, but we can blame HTC for that.

To try and minimise the pain, I have documented which images / xmls in the skin apk need to edited to fit with this mod. Attached to this post is a mod pack, which contains the required xml and png edits to make any skin compatible with the inverted com.htc.resources. Let me know if I missed anything, I will add it in.

EDIT: Have uploaded a revised version of the inversion mod pack. The original one had a few unnecessary images - thanks to my teammate AJ for tidying that up for me :D

I will try and keep a list here of compatible custom skins, so please let me know in the thread or by PM if you have adapted your skin, and I will add it to this post.

COMPATIBLE SKINS / THEMES / MODS

So, since ViperX has been discontinued, I guess now's a good time to close the doors on the theme too.....hopefully it shouldn't need any updates now either.

Thanks to all the users on this thread, it's been a pleasure theming for y'all :)
    banner.png

some skins built for this mod coming soon maybe.

got some tweakage to do yet
    Esnes Red Edition 2.6.0 FINAL for viperX 3.8.0 FINAL

esnesred.png

Esnes Red Editiion

This is a red modification of @fisha21 ´s esnes.
    All credits go to him.

I just modified the blue colors and some images.

Tested and working on ViperX 3.8.0 with patch.
    might work on other roms as well - just make an nondroid backup before you try ;)

Changelog v2.6.0 FINAL
    - updated for compatibility with ViperX 3.8.0 FINAL
    - switched to latest aroma installer
    - added to aroma filemanager
    - added restore backup files (uninstall) in aroma installer
    - final improvements and cosmetics

Changelog v2.5.5
    - updated for compatibility with ViperX 3.7.5
    - added inverted Venom FileManager, VenomSuperUser and WorldClock
    - small improvements and cosmetics

Changelog v2.5.4
    - updated for compatibility with ViperX 3.7.4
    - added white border for popups

Changelog v2.5.3
    - updated for compatibility with ViperX 3.7.2
    - fixed contact card layout (red marker)
    - added more transparency and some small improvements

Changelog v2.5.2
    - updated for compatibility with ViperX 3.7.1
    - added transparency to htc calendar widgets

Changelog v2.5.1
    - latest fixes from esnes 2.5.1
    - made some more blue stuff red and fixed little things
    - added transparency to some htc widgets - thanks to @fisha21 and @Diamondback
    - added stuff for music.apk - thanks to @hero2003

Added black backgrounds and inversion for:
    - VenomAppInstaller
    - VenomDownloads
    - VenomHUB
    - VenomPackageInstaller
    - VenomSoundEnhancer
    - VenomTweaks
    - SDManager

Download:
    Esnes Red Edition 2.6.0 FINAL (made for ViperX 3.8.0 FINAL)

Old downloads: