Search This thread

tommypacker

Mar 4, 2013
California
tommypacker.wordpress.com
TeamVanir presents
VANIR
Yeah, it's got a HEMI.

Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android to as many devices as possible. This is not a kang rom. You will find versions of the features you love that we've rewritten and improved on plus a few we wrote ourselves. we've tried to acheive a more organized and cohesive setup to improve the user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O2 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

I created this thread with the permission of Dave Kessler, one of the lead devs for Vanir Rom. This is not my work, rather the awesome effort of the Vanir Team. If you feel like donating, donate to the team, not me. I am not a dev in any way shape or form. Calling me a dev is like calling Mark Sanchez a quarterback. The goal of this thread is to help users with issues, and just talk in general about anything really.

If you're the kind of person that needs options to change the font and color on every letter and expect the ROM to end up looking like kid's cereal box then GTFO. You will not find customizations that are done just because someone figured out how to do them. Everything in here has a purpose and is held to a high standard of coding.

General features:
stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
custom written CRON and init.d.
minor UI and graphics improvements
custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
active notifications (improved active display + lockscreen notifications)
usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
animation control
Improved Vanir keyboard
CM's profiles & quicksettings
additional quicksetting tiles
immersive desktop <- fully configurable immersive mode
low profile mode
statusbar mods
clock & battery mods
lockscreen blur and other mods
soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
many improvements and new features unique to vanir
more to come when i feel like updating the op

Download

Download - DHO builds

Gapps - Vanir recommends the latest goo.im gapps or DHOs gapps

Issues:
- Flash CAF-Based Kernels with this ROM
- stop flashing the moto X binaries. they do not improve anything for you and aren't even for your device.
- open source camera and launcher3 do not have the same featuers as the google versions. use the latest
banks standard gapps if you'd like these. His gapps are super legit and always up to date.

Join our Google+ community for news/updates
Nightly downloads are available on our google+ page or directly from our server
if you're interested in becoming a maintainer.. or just need help please email PrimeDetective. He'll reply as soon as he can. Activethrasher00@gmail.com

Donations
If you would like to thank us for our hard work, you can do so here, or you can find Donation links for all of us in the About Team Vanir section of Settings in the ROM:
NuclearMistake
DHO
PrimeDirective
Styr

tutorials for building, translating, testing
VanirAOSP
kernel source

Last edited:

prog19

Apr 29, 2012
Could you tell us about ART optimizations ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

Optimusman

Feb 27, 2011
rice lake
My Favorite!!!

Been through the rounds of ROMs for or device and I always come back!!! So thanks for the amazing ROM! Vanir to me seems so stable and never seems to be hiccups! And also just seems down right freaking fast lol! What you see is what you get!

hughfollett

Sep 17, 2011
Could those on dho build provide stove screens please? :)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TeamVanir presents
    VANIR
    Yeah, it's got a HEMI.

Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android to as many devices as possible. This is not a kang rom. You will find versions of the features you love that we've rewritten and improved on plus a few we wrote ourselves. we've tried to acheive a more organized and cohesive setup to improve the user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O2 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

I created this thread with the permission of Dave Kessler, one of the lead devs for Vanir Rom. This is not my work, rather the awesome effort of the Vanir Team. If you feel like donating, donate to the team, not me. I am not a dev in any way shape or form. Calling me a dev is like calling Mark Sanchez a quarterback. The goal of this thread is to help users with issues, and just talk in general about anything really.

If you're the kind of person that needs options to change the font and color on every letter and expect the ROM to end up looking like kid's cereal box then GTFO. You will not find customizations that are done just because someone figured out how to do them. Everything in here has a purpose and is held to a high standard of coding.

General features:
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    minor UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    active notifications (improved active display + lockscreen notifications)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive desktop <- fully configurable immersive mode
    low profile mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    many improvements and new features unique to vanir
    more to come when i feel like updating the op

Download

Download - DHO builds

Gapps - Vanir recommends the latest goo.im gapps or DHOs gapps

Issues:
    - Flash CAF-Based Kernels with this ROM
    - stop flashing the moto X binaries. they do not improve anything for you and aren't even for your device.
    - open source camera and launcher3 do not have the same featuers as the google versions. use the latest
    banks standard gapps if you'd like these. His gapps are super legit and always up to date.

Join our Google+ community for news/updates
    Nightly downloads are available on our google+ page or directly from our server
    if you're interested in becoming a maintainer.. or just need help please email PrimeDetective. He'll reply as soon as he can. Activethrasher00@gmail.com

Donations
    If you would like to thank us for our hard work, you can do so here, or you can find Donation links for all of us in the About Team Vanir section of Settings in the ROM:
    NuclearMistake
    DHO
    PrimeDirective
    Styr

tutorials for building, translating, testing
    VanirAOSP
    kernel source
    Oh my, what have you done......

The new 08 nightly brings back Lockscreen Blur, see before and after. Not sure why it was removed in the first place

More importantly:

This is for all the menu button lovers out there, including me :D

Proper spacing is here, finally. Let me explain, on JB, if you added a menu button, it would be like this:

BUT, on KK it was different, like squashed, see here. Even though Vanir implemented the blank spacer feature it was never the same, it was just squashed

But now, in the newest nightly, it is back, fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally :D :D :D :D

lockscreen blur was broken by CM's new theme engine. i just hadn't had time to fix it because i work 2 fulltime jobs and when i have free time i have to do laundry and ****. The menu key spacing is added on each side of the navbar automatically for legacy menu keys that are only visible in older apps that still use that crap. that's why there's always an offset on each side... it's a blank hidden "small" menu key. This angered me, so i made it a toggle. more to come.
    Bravo @tommypacker. As of late I have been seeing you around the forums lately helping around. Thank you for that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    What happened to @MBQ_ ?

Issues arose, I'd prefer not to talk about them because no one really knows the whole story. All I know is that Dave let me create this thread to discuss the rom etc..
    Bump.. Because vanir threads should never drop this low on the list!

Also, there's a 4.4.3 build out from the 8th.