G8X WideMode view app also works on the V60

Search This thread

matteosaeed

The application made for the LG G8X that enables any app to be put in wide mode also works on the LG V60 ThinQ.
It is available from the Play Store.

Original G8X thread here.

I contacted the developer to see if he can duplicate the app for the V60, but in the meantime the G8X version works on the V60.

TS out
What do you mean by duplicating the app as it works fine, is there a feature not working in tbe v60?

Reactions: Robert235

twingo88

Mar 28, 2020
Which version you was using?
I just downloaded 1.1.2 version, app name changed to " wide screen for LG".
This version didn't work with my new v60.

matteosaeed

I tried the latest version 1.1.3 on my T-Mobile LG v60 and it did not work.

That is weird, t-mobile here and it works on 1.1.3 the app was updated to widemode for LG and it is working.

Make sure to go into the quick settings and you'll see it called "Wide Mode", then you'd have to connect the second screen, then from any app swipe down your quick settings and add it.

Mejilan

Oct 16, 2010
I had no issues installing and using the newest version of this app available on the Google Play Store.
Every app I threw at it (not many, admittedly) worked as well as I could have hoped.
I wound up retiring my dual-screen accessory for now because it made typing in portrait incredibly uncomfortable and the neither Nova Launcher nor Fluid Navigation Gestures work on the second screen.
Neat idea, but the experience is just too compromised for my preferred software environment to offset the cumbersome implementation.

pierro78

This app was working with kiwi browser on my android 10 v50 but I upgraded to android 12 and this doesn't work with kiwi browser anymore (still works with chrome though), any idea for a solution ?? thanks !

UPDATE :
for what it's worth I had an old v93 version of "kiwi browser (next)" and WideMode is working with this version !
(also with old v88 version of Ungoogled-chromium-android-extensions )
... now I have a good adblocker (ublock) and real fullscreen (with floatly) when browsing the web with my 2 screens ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The application made for the LG G8X that enables any app to be put in wide mode also works on the LG V60 ThinQ.

I contacted the developer to see if he can duplicate the app for the V60, but in the meantime the G8X version works on the V60.

TS out

I tried the latest version 1.1.3 on my T-Mobile LG v60 and it did not work.

That is weird, t-mobile here and it works on 1.1.3 the app was updated to widemode for LG and it is working.

Make sure to go into the quick settings and you'll see it called "Wide Mode", then you'd have to connect the second screen, then from any app swipe down your quick settings and add it.

TS out
    What do you mean by duplicating the app as it works fine, is there a feature not working in tbe v60?

TS out

Thank you. This makes the v60 even more lovable!