[rom][ICS][UCLE2] •∞ EMBRYO-3.2 ∞• [03-JUN-2012]

Search This thread

leftfork

Apr 1, 2012
Edgartown
leftfork.net
This one sounds like you had some remnants from previous flash. If you can please follow the step in FAQ (Second Question) , and install the 2.1 fresh if you can (remember the ODIN flash will wipe sdcard)..You need to ensure /system, /data, /cache is clean, and the ICS ODIN flash will guarantee that..

Will try in the am. Again, can't thank you enough for the work. Very stable otherwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Kagenui

Mar 24, 2012
After installing 2.1 phone my home button doesn't work.
Here's how I installed :
-Super wipe x2
-wipe cache x2
-format system x2
-wipe dalvik
On boot everything works like a dream except the home button. Can anyone help me fix this?

mohan_kr

Mar 27, 2012
In Nebraska
OnePlus 5T
Here's how I installed :
-Super wipe x2
-wipe cache x2
-format system x2
-wipe dalvik
On boot everything works like a dream except the home button. Can anyone help me fix this?

Or you on Rogers? I didn't cook the Roger's kernel, maybe I will do it later tonite and post it (and you need a different build prop too). Otherwise, please read 2nd question in FAQ post. I don't know what super wipe does, so can't help you there.

Kagenui

Mar 24, 2012
Or you on Rogers? I didn't cook the Roger's kernel, maybe I will do it later tonite and post it (and you need a different build prop too). Otherwise, please read 2nd question in FAQ post. I don't know what super wipe does, so can't help you there.

Yes, Im on Rogers. And just so we're clear you're suggesting that I flash the ICS leak via ODIN first and then try to reinstall embryo? Before I flash with Odin, Is the ICS leak rooted or do I have to do that myself?

latinohot

Here's how I installed :
-Super wipe x2
-wipe cache x2
-format system x2
-wipe dalvik

DO NOT USE SUPER WIPE, IS BREAKING SOMETHING WHEN FLASHING ICS.
Just wipe three times, and you will be golden

phoneturf

Feb 28, 2008
OnePlus 9
Not seen what you are experiencing is because I absolutely need native tethering, as I don't have wifi usually. Hence this has been always a core feature for the roms I build :). If you can give me a adb logcat when that happens I can try to figure out..thanks

Don't have the logcat, but here's what I have figured out about tethering the last few days (originally posted to the sky rom forum):

There is a tethering problem with every skyrocket ICS rom I have tried. It does work, it just soft reboots my phone a few minutes after I stop it and you may have to hard reboot to tether again. I have ultracfg frozen since it does not seem to make a difference.

If you turn on wifi tethering and turn it off without actually tethering an external device and transferring data over the connection, it usually will not mess up the phone.

When you have been tethering and turn it off, the phone will vibrate once a couple minutes later. A minute or two after that it will vibrate twice then within a minute it will soft reboot. During the time before it reboots it will not release the tethered connection with the external device nor will it transfer data even though it appears to the external device that it is still connected.

Once you have tethered, you may need to manually reboot to tether again. If you try without rebooting, it may establish the connection so you think you are tethered but it will not transfer any data.

latinohot

Once you have tethered, you may need to manually reboot to tether again. If you try without rebooting, it may establish the connection so you think you are tethered but it will not transfer any data.

I just experience exactly that issue, after tethering for about 3 hours, when I stopped tethering I heard the phone vibrate and a second later soft reboot.

another issue is that after installing the zip for wallpaper I still get a FC trying to set wallpapers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-22-21-00-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-22-21-00-59.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 118

mohan_kr

Mar 27, 2012
In Nebraska
OnePlus 5T
Don't have the logcat, but here's what I have figured out about tethering the last few days (originally posted to the sky rom forum):

There is a tethering problem with every skyrocket ICS rom I have tried. It does work, it just soft reboots my phone a few minutes after I stop it and you may have to hard reboot to tether again. I have ultracfg frozen since it does not seem to make a difference.

If you turn on wifi tethering and turn it off without actually tethering an external device and transferring data over the connection, it usually will not mess up the phone.

When you have been tethering and turn it off, the phone will vibrate once a couple minutes later. A minute or two after that it will vibrate twice then within a minute it will soft reboot. During the time before it reboots it will not release the tethered connection with the external device nor will it transfer data even though it appears to the external device that it is still connected.

Ok..thanks for the input. I never had it on for long, will test it. But the very fact that you say Ultrcfg..means you have done what you should not have :). EMBRYO-2.x does NOT have UltraCfg. Sorry, I would advice a clean install (FAQ, question #2). I repeat DO NOT INSTALL Ultracfg or any other apk, at least let me know, if you do that.

Girn

Dec 20, 2009
How come when I set a wallpaper I can only set it as a non scrollable wallpaper (i.e. one screen only) ? while other ICS roms I can.. btw its working fine on my rogers phone so far.. but will reinstall when you release rogers kernel

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-23-01-14-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-23-01-14-57.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Reactions: mohan_kr

mohan_kr

Mar 27, 2012
In Nebraska
OnePlus 5T
How come when I set a wallpaper I can only set it as a non scrollable wallpaper (i.e. one screen only) ? while other ICS roms I can.. btw its working fine on my rogers phone so far.. but will reinstall when you release rogers kernel

Ok..this must be something that either Samsung removed it in this version or is it part of twlauncher? As I use zeam (and it does not work there or not sure if that feature exists). I will have to try this first ..thanks

mohan_kr

Mar 27, 2012
In Nebraska
OnePlus 5T
I need to know how to run this brilliant rom with seans crysis signals?
when I put the zip, it overwrites the battery as well so I end up with thin battery circle that as is discharching is going away. Please try and see if you can make it work, thanks

It must be overriding the same apk, you will for sure have conflicts. But you will run into other issues, either you start with the embryo base SystemUI and then apply the crysis signal changes, I am assuming this is the signal bar indicators..

Tjisana

Dec 3, 2011
ICS messaging

I installed ics messaging app, but it freezes phone temporarily and I basically cannot use it.

Do I need to make it the default app(which I am not even sure how to do)

Thanks

latinohot

It must be overriding the same apk, you will for sure have conflicts. But you will run into other issues, either you start with the embryo base SystemUI and then apply the crysis signal changes, I am assuming this is the signal bar indicators..

Yes that is correct it's for the signal bars with at&t icons.
Also, is ICS not able to play flash?

Girn

Dec 20, 2009
Ok..this must be something that either Samsung removed it in this version or is it part of twlauncher? As I use zeam (and it does not work there or not sure if that feature exists). I will have to try this first ..thanks

Also tried it in apex launcher and same issue

lyndone58

Oct 19, 2008
This is very solid Rom. Finally got the chance to test drive after several random issues with other Roms. A little bit more themeing and this will be golden. Thanks mohan!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE READ (READ AGAIN) POST #1, #3 BEFORE YOU POST ANY QUESTIONS. IF YOU ARE NEW TO FLASHING, NOT FAMILIAR WITH TERMS POST IN Q&A SECTION FIRST.

This is the EMBRYO ROM, currently based of the ICS leaks for ATT Galaxy S2 Skyrocket (ATT SGH-I727), thanks to the designgears and the unknown leak source.

I painfully deodex, zipalign ROM, using my stringent process, no kitchen tools or dumping crap in the classpath, every apk will be deodexed with *only* what it needs. Not I apply this rule to any Samsung APKS I port from other roms (such as SGS3). Hence EMBRYO is all about:

• high quality
    • fixing what Samsung should have fixed
    • enabling restricted features
    • key unique enhancements
    • of course being your daily driver.
    • it will be a "clean-room" implementation, always.
    • I dont release half cooked stuff, the rom has to go through my daily driver tests before it gets to you ;).
    Themeing will be sparse, if any, if someone wants to volunteer, great, I will include it as an add-on in the OP. If this is not what you are looking for move on, this ROM is not for you. I provide everything kernels, radios and ROMS, do NOT use it from anywhere else, since everything I do is from scratch, I can vouch for what I have provided.

EMBRYO and SAMSUNG RELEASES (OFFICIAL AND UNOFFICIAL) Mapping

EMBRYO-3.x : based of UCLE2 LEAK. Only UCLE2 kernel will work. You can flash any RADIOS that I have provided in the OP.

EMBRYO-2.x
    : based of UCLD2 LEAK. Only UCALC4 and UCLD2 Kernels. You can flash any RADIOS that I have provided in the OP.

EMBRYO-1.x
    : based of UCALC4 LEAK. Only UCALC4 and UCLD2 Kernels. You can flash any RADIOS that I have provided in the OP.

README FIRST BEFORE FLASHING

1) PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST #1 and #3. READ IT AGAIN, BEFORE YOU POST A REPLY. MOST OF YOUR QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED.

2) I will give you my development environment. I ONLY use the recovery that I have posted in the RECOVERY Download Section here. All the CWM flashable zip are tested with that and NO OTHER RECOVERY. If you are doing Fix Permissions, Darkside Wipe (ATT Users Only) or god knows what else, something is wrong with your recovery, I have confirmed this with multiple users.

3) ATT Skyrocket Users: If you have never flashed the ONE CLICK ODIN Leak, please just DO IT.
    Follow the instructions in POST #3. Rogers Users, you are out of luck unfortunately, as the one click will not work for you.

4) Please DO NOT FLASH KERNELS and RADIOS FROM ANY OTHER PLACE. USE THE ONES I HAVE PROVIDED IN THIS POST. AS I BUILD AND VERIFY THEM TO ENSURE IT WORKS CORRECTLY WITH EMBRYO ROM.

You take full responsibility for flashing anything from this post or things go bad!. Although, I take great pains and verification before I post anything.

Features and ChangeLog

Please check the subtitle for date and major release. All features listed here should be available in the latest ROM.

03-JUN-2012 (EMBRYO-3.2)

NOTE: The SGS3 apks were deodexed, zipaligned and the mods built on top of that (yup, can't trust anyone ;)).
    ♣ Fully ported SGS3 Launcher, removed Trebuchet. A lot of effort went into this, please don't kang the work. (NOTE: it is identified as Galaxy3 Launcher in EMBRYO).
    ♣ SGS3 Launcher: all widgets that come with EMBRYO supported out of the box.
    ♣ SGS3 Launcher: enabled wallpaper scrolling WITHOUT using any third party tools. (NOTE: even the stock TouchWiz launcher in EMBRYO supports it).
    ♣ SGS3 Launcher: You can set wallpapers by long pressing the workspace, works flawless. Except that Home and lock screen wallpaper will only set lockscreen. (Setting via Settings will still work though).
    ♣ Fully ported SGS3 S-Voice, hence update will remove the vlingo if it is there. Again, I have fixed most of the issues, but I have not tested all the features let me know so I can fix it next.
    ♣ Enabled SIP address kind in contacts (can someone test this?)
    ♣ Enabled In Call Equalizer (all options available now, again someone needs to test this).
    ♣ System settings has the SGS3 UI icons. (as much as I could)
    ♣ To make room for S-Voice, I have moved all additional ringtones/alarms/notifications to the sdcard. (delete it from there if you don't want it).
    ♣ YEAH!! Moved space heavy apps to /data (out device has 2GB), so S-Voice is ported to /data now. This will eat 100MB of your data..sorry folks if you cannot give me that much room..
    ♣ SGS3 Shutdown animation.
    ♣ Disabled ATT hotspot auto-connect and notifications, by default.

23-MAY-2012 (EMBRYO-3.1)

♣ V6 Supercharger *support*, the services jar is modified as per the instructions. Please follow the link here you if you wish to experiment.
    ♣ UCLE2 BUGFIX: Power + Vol. down screenshot fixed.
    ♣ Extended power menu enhancements: All confirm guards disabled, except for Power Off (my fast fingers need the guard ;)).
    ♣ *ALL* exchange server policies are bypassed (thanks to dnorthington for testing it thoroughly).
    ♣ Transparent lockscreen wallpaper is the default now. Since you can always add your own or change it.
    ♣ Bluetooth tethering enabled.

♣ Native Hotspot *ALL* functionality works, no hacks. (since EMBRYO-1.0)

♣ Nokia Pure is the default system font. Stock Fonts are in the add-on as a CWM zip.
    ♣ Lockscreen Wallpaper can be set, opened up all pickers! (be careful)
    ♣ TouchWiz 5x5 app drwaer, 5 icon dock!! (icons changed)
    ♣ TouchWiz 5x5 , 5 icon dock!!
    ♣ CRT-OFF (EMBRYO-3.X only)
    ♣ Trebuchet Launcher included..(please choose one when booted up, or remove it from included TiBu)
    ♣ Fix for scrollable wallpaper, even TW launcher!!
    ♣ Email, removed Stock and it's AOSP one.
    ♣ CM9 DSPManager is the default equalizer. removed stock one.
    ♣ AOSP Lockscreen is the default now.
    ♣ Messaging unlimited recipients (please dont spam)
    ♣ disabled keyboard switcher notification
    ♣ CHAINFIRE SuperSU is included (You will be prompted for updating binary say yes).
    ♣ Enabled Network Mode for RAT Unlocked Radios (will have no effect on RAT Locked radios, such as ATT). Please see downloads for RADIOS.
    ♣ Bumped up all Messaging limits (still ceiled)
    ♣ EXT4 filesystem are tweaked.
    ♣ Day of the week in the notification pull down.
    ♣ Contacts (ATT callout and yellow pages gone).
    ♣ Included additional fonts as per request.
    ♣ Carrier label gone, since I was touching the files.
    ♣ Extended power menu added (NOTE: EMBRYO-2.x download mode will not work, with UCLD2 kernel)
    ♣ Call Recording. (this will remove the Add Call button).
    ♣ Permanently Disabled annoying ascending ringtone.
    ♣ 15 toggle Mod ported (thanks wanam and lidroid)
    ♣ Titanium Backup included.
    ♣ All ATT and Samsung Bloat carefully tested and removed.
    ♣ Circle battery mod.
    ♣ zipaligned.
    ♣ ChainFire SU (Super SU) and busybox preinstalled.
    ♣ adblocking hosts file added
    ♣ Stock Kernel with my initramfs mods (init.d support, adb bash, adb root, bootanimation and init.d support).
    ♣ bunch of useful terminal tools (scp, ssh) compiled from sources.
    ♣ A lot of network tweaks

Please read the FAQ also, in case you run into any issues. Also, please follow the appropriate instructions for FULL ROM and UPDATES, below.
    Installing FULL ROM (Data Wipe required)

IMPORTANT: These instructions are for full ROM. Requires Cache, Data wipe, in addition it is recommended to do a Format /system. You can pick and choose the RADIO that works best for you from the RADIOS section below, the ROM DOES NOT flash a RADIO.

1. Backup, Backup (both nandroid and tibu).
    2. copy the update zip to your sdcard (doesn't matter internal or external as long as the recovery supports reading from it).
    3. Boot into recovery.
    4. Perform "Wipe Data/Cache Partition".
    5. Go to "mounts and storage" -> Select "Format /system", complete the action.
    6. Flash the ROM.
    7. Reboot...and PLEASE WAIT at least 5 minutes.
    8. Enjoy, hit the thanks button if you like it.
    9. If you are restoring data from TiBU NEVER EVER RESTORE SYSTEM DATA, UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Installing UPDATES (NON Wipe)

IMPORTANT: Make sure when updating you are on the correct version of the base rom.

1. Backup, Backup (both nandroid and tibu).
    2. copy the update zip to your sdcard (doesn't matter internal or external as long as the recovery supports reading from it).
    3. Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache (typically Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik-Cache). (NO NEED to Wipe Data)
    4. Flash the update.
    5. Reboot. Please be patient, it takes some time to build the Dalvik-Cache, don't be in a hurry. The touchkeys will be lit up, as it is building.
    6. If the update changes some of the system framework files, you will lose your account settings, please enable them back.

Clean INSTALL (FULL WIPE)

You need to do this, if you have messed up. Please see post #3 1st question. Also, this is highly recommended if you are having flashing issues.

PLEASE FOLLOW "Installing Full ROM" instructions.

♣ [24-MAY-2012] EMBRYO-3.1 FULL ROM (DATA WIPE required, follow the "Installing Full ROM" instructions)

You don't need to wipe data. Please follow "Installing UPDATES" instructions.

[03-JUN-2012]EMBRYO-3.2 UPDATE ONLY. You must be be on EMBRYO-3.1. I would strongly suggest that you wipe data, if you run into issues. Download

Note, please don't ask for a custom kernel, SAMSUNG needs to release the source, before it can be built. The kernel is basically stock with ramfs tweaks to enable some features. NOTE: the kernels below are packaged as CWM zip file, with EMBRYO ROM as the target, it may work in other ROMS, but I will not guarantee anything.

[UCLE2] EMBRYO-3.X ONLY (ANY 3.X version of EMBRYO). DO NOT FLASH ON EMBRYO-2.X or lower versions. This is the kernel from the first leak. Download

[UCALC4] EMBRYO-2.X ONLY. DO NOT FLASH ON EMBRYO-3.X This is the kernel from the first leak. Download
    [UCLD2] EMBRYO-2.X ONLY. DO NOT FLASH ON EMBRYO-3.X. If you want to revert back (the one bundled with full rom). Download

THE ROM DOES NOT COME WITH A RADIO. ALTHOUGH THE RADIO THAT YOU HAVE WILL WORK WITH EMBRYO, IT MAY NOT PERFORM AS WELL FOR YOU. OR IF YOU WANT TO STICK TO THE RADIO THAT MATCHES THE SAMSUNG BASE OF EMBRYO (RECOMMENDED), FLASH IT FROM BELOW. NOTE: THIS ARE PACKAGED AND VERIFIED TO WORK WITH EMBRYO ROM. SEE THE TOP OF THE POST FOR MAPPING OF EMBRYO VERSION AND SAMSUNG BASE.

Please note, radios/modems depend on lot of factors. I have provided the rogers radio which is RAT unlocked so you can take advantage of the Network Mode enablement in EMBRYO-2.x and above. ALL ATT Radios are RAT LOCKED, which means you cannot change the Network Mode from Settings, ONLY ROGERS Radio allow you to do that.

[23-JUN-2012] ROGERS RADIO UXLF3 (from OFFICIAL ROM). Download.
    ATT-SKYROCKET UCLE2 radio (EMBRYO-3.X is based of UCLE2 base). Download.
    ATT-SKYROCKET UCLD2 radio (EMBRYO-2.X is based of UCLD2 base). Download.
    ATT-SKYROCKET UCALC4 radio. (EMBRYO-1.X is based of UCALC4 base). Download
    ATT-SKYROCKET UCLA3 radio. Download
    ROGERS-SKYROCKET UXKJ7 radio. Download (RAT UNLOCKED)
    ATT-GALAXY-NOTE UCLC5 radio. Download
    ATT-GALAXY-NOTE UCLD3 radio. Download

There are many recoveries out there, all apparently have some issues or other. Unless I instruct otherwise, please follow the instruction, don't try to be cute :). The following is the recovery I use to build and test my ROMS. IF YOUR BACKUP HANGS PLEASE CREATE THE
    .hidenandroidprogress IN BOTH INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL SDCARD (IF YOU HAVE ONE) IN THE FOLLOWING FOLDER /sdcard/clockworkmod and /sdcard/external_sd/clockworkmod.

Touch Recovery CWM 5.5.0.4 (I have been on v3.5 for a while and thats the one I am providing here) (note: you need ODIN, this is a ODIN tar) Download (thanks to sk8erwitskil)

ADD-ONS / PATCHES / REVERTS

If you want bloat, please ask will provide them as a separate cwm zip. Also people please only install it on appropriate version of EMBRYO ROM, do NOT install it on different versions.

[04-JUN-2012] (updated to EMBRYO-3.2) Enable IME Switcher EMBRYO-3.2 ONLY. Download.
    [04-JUN-2012] Google EMAIL (AOSP) ANY version of EMBRYO-3.X. I would recommend a Data Wipe, if you run into issues, also if you are doing this and you are on EMBRYO-3.2, please reinstall the EMBRYO-3.2, update, then install this. Download.
    (06/01/2012) Revert Adblock. You can flash this on ANY EMBRYO version, this will restore the stock hosts file. Download
    (05/26/2012) Stock EMAIL EMBRYO-3.X ONLY. I would recommend a Data Wipe, please do this to avoid any issues. Download.
    (05/24/2012) AOSP Lockscreen EMBRYO-3.1 ONLY. Download.
    (05/24/2012) AOSP Lockscreen with VOL Buttons Wake EMBRYO-3.1 ONLY. Download.
    (05/24/2012) STOCK Lockscreen EMBRYO-3.1 ONLY. Download.
    (05/24/2012) STOCK Lockscreen with VOL Buttons Wake EMBRYO-3.1 ONLY. Download.
    V6 Supercharger scripts link for those who want to take a shot at it, EMBRYO-3.1 and above only. Please DONT install busybox or su, if you follow the instructions, here V6_Supercharger Link. EMBRYO already includes it. Also, I have NOT tested this..
    (05/20/2012) Restore Stock Fonts - EMBRYO-3.X ONLY Download.

Please remember that the bloat may kill your battery life, please do NOT complain if it does..consider yourself warned.

EMBRYO-3.X ONLY: ATT Visual Voicemail CWM flashable zip. Download (See POST #3 for more info, you may lose outgoing call ring tone).

Samsung and ATT bloat: EMBRYO 2.2 ONLY .(YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED) Download

BUGS/KNOWN ISSUES/TODO

See POST #3 also.
    The Data toggle is buggy, it is in my TODO list.

DesignGears and the UNKNOWN Source of course.
    wanam and lidroid for the 15toggle mod. You can thank wanam here and lidroid here.
    Circle Battery Mod, was incorporated by using this link here.
    ChainFire for Super SU.
    sk8erwitskil for the recovery which I use for ROM development. You can thank him here.
    Special thanks to some users of the ROM for providing feedback.

FAQ

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS/ ISSUES ETC.

How do I get a CLEAN install done? (ONLY for ATT SKYROCKET USERS)

This is what I do if I really really need a clean install. Do the following, I am assuming you have your PC configured and ODIN installed and your device is detected:

1) Back up your Internal SDCARD (if you are using Tibu, backup the Tibu Folder to your PC).
    2) Flash the ONE CLICK ODIN ICS leak UCLE2 or (UCLD2) (here is the torrent link, DOWNLOAD). NOTE: your internal SDCARD will BE WIPED.
    3) Now, boot up. Copy the EMBRYO Full ROM to your SDCARD.
    4) Since, you will not have root, hence no CWM. Flash a CWM recovery via ODIN, here is the ODIN tar that I use (thanks
    sk8erwitskil). Download
    5) Now, you need to get into CWM recovery to flash the ROM you saved in Step 3). Either use "adb reboot recovery" is you are usb tethered or the 3 finger salute.
    6) Follow the Flashing Full Wipe ROM instructions..

Galaxy S3 Launcher Questions

Home and lock Screen Wallpaper only sets the Lockscreen?

Yes, it in my TODO. You can *ALWAYS* use the Settings -> Display and set it there.

Third party widgets, will it work or not?

All the widgets that are included in EMBRYO should work. Any other third party widgets may or may not work, not in this launcher the H/W acceleration is turned on by default. So, you need to be sure your widget supports that otherwise use the included Touchwiz (stock) launcher.

Galaxy S3 S-Voice Questions

Deleting an Alarm does not remove the icon from Statusbar?

Yes,
    this is a bug in S-Voice I believe (or a feature?). I need to look into it, but you can restart the phone and it will go away.

Double tab Home Button does not launch S-Voicce?

This is in my TODO. I need to look into the ke
    ybindings.

How did you manage to get the storage to accomodate S-Voice?

I have modded it to be installed in /data partition. This frees-up a lot of space.

Do I need to flash a RADIO?

It depends. EMBRYO should work with any existing SR Radio that you may have. I will definitively recommend to use the RADIO with the SAMSUNG release (or leak) that the version of EMBRYO is based of. The OP has *ALL* the radios that are extracted to work with EMBRYO. Flash the one that you want or works best for you. DON'T START POSTING RADIO FLASHING QUESTIONS IN THE THREAD.
    I want the STOCK AOSP EMAIL App back?

Since EMBRYO-3.2 I have restored the STOCK e-mail back. If you want to use the AOSP ones (don't know why) I have them as an add-on, see post #1 add-ons sections.

Tethering?
    All tethering is Native Tethering as provided by Stock and ICS. And yes, it works flawlessly.

SuperSU asks for updating the SU binary, what should I do?

You should hit the continue button. First time around, some users have reported that the Phone freezes and reboots, I have not looked into the issue. But after the reboot, it should work fine. As a workaround, try to access an app like TiBu, *before* you click super-su. In general, there is nothing to configure in Supersu, i wish it was a hidden app.

I want the weather widget in the LockScreen?

Since EMBRYO-2.2 and above (including 3.0), I have moved to AOSP lockscreen, which does not support it. Please flash the Stock LockScreen (it is in the download sections, Add-ons). Please make sure you select the appropriate one for the version of EMBRYO you are running.. You must have flashed the AOSP Lockscreen add-on, flash back the Stock Lockscreen from add-on (make sure the version matches the EMBRYO one).

Setting Lockscreen Wallpaper?

ICS has a very rich set of settings. And since I don't know exactly what the behavior is supposed to be, since we don't have the official manual yet, I cannot help you with the settings much. And on top of it
    your security settings affect it. If you want the normal behavior, go to Settings -> Display -> Lock Screen Wallpaper. Set you wallpaper there. Then make sure in Settings -> Security -> Lock automatically is set to "Immediately". NOTE: the above applies to Stock WallScreen (i have not tried it in AOSP Lockscreen).

See this post
    #397 for more info.

UCLE2 BUG: (affects EMBRYO-3.0) Screenshot Power + Vol low. does not work. Fixed in EMBRYO-3.1
    The usual ICS key combination of Power + Vol Low, does not work in UCLE2 (effects EMBRYO-3.x).

UCLE2 BUG: (affects EMBRYO-3.0) Backlight Capacitive light bug in UCLE2

Effects EMBRYO-3.x and ALL UCLE2 based ROMS. It currently works on and off.

UCLE2 BUG? Maybe note sure: Installing ATT VVM, might lose outgoing call dialtone.

This is not confirmed yet to be a bug, but some users have *not* experienced this, YMMV.

What about Flash Player?

Since EMBRYO-2.2 it has been removed, please download it from the market/play store.

Do I need to be in the <insert favorite> radio?

Please flash any radio that is in the Post #1 RADIOS section.
    ALWAYS backup your /efs partition. And I would also back this up in RECOVERY so it is not backed up while running the OS.

Cannot change Network Mode selection when using ATT radios?
    Sorry RAT locked..complain to ATT :mad:. Only ROGERS radio you can change it.

Rogers RAT Unlocked Radio, two other modes are not working?
    I believe the firmware is not allowing to change it to HSPA only or GSM only (need to test it out). So the Network mode feature should be considered experimental for now.

Auto Brightness off and swipe status bar has no effect?
    The UCLD2 kernel has this regression, flash the UCALC4 kernel if you need this.

Extended Power Menu Download does not work, it reboots? Samsung has fixed this in UCLE2 kernel, so it should work in EMBRYO-3.X versions of ROM.

The UCLD2 kernel has this regression, flash the UCALC4 kernel if you need this. The UCLE2 and UCALC4 kernels do not have this issue.

What bloat has been removed?
    Pretty much all Samsung (except for TouchWiz of course) and all ATT nonsense has been purged.

I need the weather in the lockscreen?
    Since EMBRYO-2.1 it is the weather widget is provided.

Will you provide any themes?
    Maybe, maybe not, no promises. As bandwidth permits, even if I do it, it will be a port of some high quality one. And it will be an optional thing over the base for sure.

How can I change the Order of the Toggle Buttons in the 15 toggle panel?
    Please use the included QuickPanel Settings application in your app drawer.

I need Samsung social apps, Kies aka all the bloat?

See the downloads section (Samsung and ATT bloat) in OP. You have been warned, also make sure you download for appropriate version of Embryo.

UCLE2 -- First Impressions

The UCLE2 leak first impressions:
    - Looks good, but UCLD2 was good too..
    - Yea, contacts are back in the dialer!!
    - Bluetooth receive text works!!! Only tried MyTouch (Ford)..No PAN though..
    - A regression though..the screenshot, power + vol. low combo does not work..
    - Scrollable wallpaper is still not it..so I will have to roll that in..

EMBRYO-3.0 will be up in couple of days..based of UCLE2..
    update 3.1

So I will push a minor update 3.1 before going on a long deserved vacation.
    Not a big deal, some ics leak bug-fixes and usablility improvements:

* I am planning to restore the stock lockscreen as default and provide the AOSP Lockscreens various combo's as an addon. Hopefully, doesn;t cause heart burns.
    * I will update the email client, as now i have confirmed that it works with *all* exchange policies (bypass)
    * screenshot leak bug fix..
    * remove all confirming guards in the extended power menu (except for shutdown, think will keep that)

I could not get around to the backlight leak bugfix. I was able to hack around the kernel and it works, but other things are broke. I can try to attack it from the platform side, but I think it is in the HAL layer things are not correct. So much for android being open source :)..

cheers