[Recovery] CWM Recovery is officially out for Tmobile Note 2 (12/21/2012)

Search This thread

Herrera91

Dec 11, 2010
Houston, TX
I've been usin TWRP for the longest time, on my sgs III and Note II. All of a sudden last week I go into recovery to flash an add on and I get a boot loop in TWRP. Couldn't even pull battery and boot system back. Had to odin CWM, then I updated the TWRP script and would still get a bootloop. So I odin'd back to CWM again and staying for the time bein.

Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Currently on My Rom 4.1.2.v2

hmm really? Never encountered this myself. It's hard for recovery to get corrupt, unless the addon messed up that partition. Are you on the latest version (2.3.3.1) ?

It's not so much the recovery that's corrupt, but the /data partition I believe. I had the same thing happened to me a few days ago (couldn't even backup my ROM). Formatted /data and recovery worked again. Try backing up your ROM in CWM and if it reboots before it finishes, you'll have to format /data through recovery. If you do happen to do so, backup all of your files in your internal storage since EVERYTHING in it will be wiped clean.

jobrv610

Jun 16, 2009
Im having a problem. I have been trying to do a back up on my sdcard/ext sdcard and when it gets to the point were it gets to start downloading the app it reboots.

humdrum2009

Account currently disabled
Oct 3, 2010
Not everyone uses CWM. Now you are aware that Koush is building for our device. I appreciate your negative comment...

I was providing useful information.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Thanks, Rob for All you do for android. And your awesome roms. Keep up the good work And the fight to cure autism.

Reactions: ptfdmedic

Mizanari_Kae

Apr 3, 2008
Orlando
Ill never touch TWRP again, hard bricked my htc amaze the very first flash , and the sad part not many talked about that either, I saw a few others across the web. Im also a big fan of 4ext, Heard about TRWP around that time and their fully functional on screen keyboard, so I gave it a try, and I deeply regret it,

SkyPhone

Nov 11, 2012
I'm happily running the N7100 v6.0.1.5 CWM and went through several backups and restores during the upgrade to the new ALK8. I backed up EFS separately. All is good so far.

xamindar

Apr 8, 2012
Yeah, the doesn't seem to be any reason to use this version as the are no issues with the other one.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
CMW is updated to 6.0.2.7 (01/12/13). Supposedly fixes the bugs.

Ou1jt.jpg

Standard Recovery: Link 1

Touch Recovery: Link 1

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
Anyone know when we'll see exfat support.

jdkoren

Jan 4, 2011
Silicon Valley
How can I install this without using Mobile ODIN? I've been searching for a way to put my Note 2 into fastboot mode (which is what I'm used to using to install recoveries), and I've had no luck whatsoever.

xghostyxjokerx

Sep 26, 2009
touh dont work

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (T-Mobile) Download ROMs 6.0.2.8 6.0.2.8

touch doesn't work?? anyone with this issue? and mounting usb is no longer there?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those of you that prefer CWM over TWRP, today is your lucky day. CWM Recovery has been officially released for the Tmobile Galaxy Note 2.

Instructions for flashing via mobile Odin:

I'm not responsible if you bork your phone. If you are unsure of what you are doing, simply download and install directly from ROM Manager.

1) Always create a backup
    2) Download the recovery of your choice (Touch or Non-Touch)
    3) Download and install Mobile Odin from the Google Play Store
    4) Rename the recovery imagines to "recovery" without the quotes, and copy to your phone (internal memory or extSDCard)
    5) Load up Mobile Odin and grant SU permission and download files as instructed to update for this device.
    6) Simply select "Recovery" and browse to the recovery.img file on your phone.
    7) Scroll down and select "Flash Firmware"

That's about it.

If you want to flash via terminal use the following command

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

ALL CREDIT GOES TO KOUSH. Check out his site here

CWM Touch v6.0.2.5
    CWM non-touch v6.0.2.4
    And that's why you shouldn't "hurry up and be the first one to post" something before even testing it's functionality.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Not everyone uses CWM. Now you are aware that Koush is building for our device. I appreciate your negative comment...

I was providing useful information.

Ive had cwm on my nite since october....si whats all this about. Please enlighten me. In fact I think i have version 6.1.5.0 or something like that

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

That version of CWM is intended for the international Note II (GT-N7100) and not ours. Even though it works with our phones (running 6.0.1.9), it'd be more preferred to have a recovery that supports our variant version.
    Oi ptfdmedic.

Long time, no Epic 4G.
    personally 4EXT is much cleaner and just as robust as either TWRP or CWM. I know there is talk of 4EXT coming to the Note II, got my fingers crossed