buying new oem battery

Search This thread
C

Cyberianrazr

my battery kinada messed up so i wanted to buy a new one. I check my local future shop and they only sell 1 oem one but there a difference between their and my official one.
The one that come with my s3 is 3.8 V Li-ion and 7.98Wh
future shop oem battery is 3.7 V Li-ion and 7.40Wh

would the future shop battery harm my phone or less usage?

the link to future shop oem battery
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=79c7f70e0b4d9e9448222ce0aede4de1en02

koolboyztn

Sep 30, 2012
sOmE WhErE
i dont think it will do any harm to your phone, only different are it 'lil less power.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

C

Cyberianrazr

what exactly is the 3.7 V Li-ion and 7.40Wh?
higher the better?

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
what exactly is the 3.7 V Li-ion and 7.40Wh?
higher the better?

If I remember back to my physics times on high school, the battery outputs 3.7 volts and 7.40 watt hours. The stock bring 3.8 volts at 7.98 Wh. Volts deals with something in the resistance I believe so the higher the voltage the more work has to be done to pull charge. Since the stock battery has a rating of 3.8 volts it means that the amount of work the phone would be doing at 3.8 will be pulling out 7.98w per hour if at 3.8v. Now what I find weird is that, phones usually pull about 4volts on a battery under heavy load, this accounts for battery diminishing life after basically, the first charge. So why don't manufacturers put a battery with more voltage? Because the phone will basically fry. Having 4v resistance will allow the phone to pull in so much current that it will fry the phone (or at least some regulator inside the phone which will fry the phone anyway. Even the extended batteries are 3.7 or 3.8 volts. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong (I don't want to run on false info) but from my highschool understanding and my understanding of how phones somewhat work, that's what those numbers mean...sorry for the physics lesson lol

Sent from my Rooted Gameboy

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

And by the way. For the millions of people asking why wouldn't ,manufacturers work on new battery. Well there are new battery technology. Its just heck expensive to manufacture them. Lol. Seeing these new battery technologies in the phones would raise the cost of the phones big time. so they are trying to add more capacity but of course that leads to size which also leads to crammed components..

Last edited:

KillaHurtz

Aug 13, 2010
Albuquerque
If I remember back to my physics times on high school, the battery outputs 3.7 volts and 7.40 watt hours. The stock bring 3.8 volts at 7.98 Wh. Volts deals with something in the resistance I believe so the higher the voltage the more work has to be done to pull charge. Since the stock battery has a rating of 3.8 volts it means that the amount of work the phone would be doing at 3.8 will be pulling out 7.98w per hour if at 3.8v. Now what I find weird is that, phones usually pull about 4volts on a battery under heavy load, this accounts for battery diminishing life after basically, the first charge. So why don't manufacturers put a battery with more voltage? Because the phone will basically fry. Having 4v resistance will allow the phone to pull in so much current that it will fry the phone (or at least some regulator inside the phone which will fry the phone anyway. Even the extended batteries are 3.7 or 3.8 volts. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong (I don't want to run on false info) but from my highschool understanding and my understanding of how phones somewhat work, that's what those numbers mean...sorry for the physics lesson lol

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

And by the way. For the millions of people asking why wouldn't ,manufacturers work on new battery. Well there are new battery technology. Its just heck expensive to manufacture them. Lol. Seeing these new battery technologies in the phones would raise the cost of the phones big time. so they are trying to add more capacity but of course that leads to size which also leads to crammed components..

Stop posting nonsense, seriously, every post I see of yours is uneducated banter. Less volts = less strain and wear on the circuitry. Volts is not about resistance, that is OHMS dude. So much for high school "physics" eh ?

To the original poster. If you are having problems with the stock battery it carries a 1 years warranty like the phone. Call samsung and tell them the issue and they will send you one in replacement. You can also score an OEM or Anker battery from eBay for fairly cheap. I recommend the Anker because it has a higher mAh than the stock, is the same thickness, and lasts longer. Hope you find your solution and save a few bucks in the process, $40 is a lot for a battery dude !

C

Cyberianrazr

I will try contact samsung when they r open after the break. I check out Anker, seem like it better than other. But I prefer OEM. I will try and get the future shop one for 39.99 and try out. If it suck, I just return it

KillaHurtz

Aug 13, 2010
Albuquerque
The only thing that's gonna suck is shelling out $40 for a replacement. Check eBay for an OEM one that has NFC that's how you can tell its real.

x1tyme

Dec 30, 2007
Why dont you wait until January 2. Samsung will release 3000 battery..and officially from them. Only add 1-2mm thickness. .

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

C

Cyberianrazr

Why dont you wait until January 2. Samsung will release 3000 battery..and officially from them. Only add 1-2mm thickness. .

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

How much would it be? I would consider if it add only 1-2mm thickness and 900mAh more

x1tyme

Dec 30, 2007
How much would it be? I would consider if it add only 1-2mm thickness and 900mAh more

$54. You get new batter cover..and it from Samsung

37555.jpg

http://www.mobilefun.com/37555-genu...ttery-kit-for-galaxy-s3---3000mah---white.htm

Last edited: